Author Topic: why tuetensupper should not make siege maps  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Jens_Langkniv

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
why tuetensupper should not make siege maps
« on: March 06, 2015, 09:56:42 pm »
map named charge the arena is a obvious troll map its horrible uneven ground defenders spawn all over the place gate has no point to it as ladders are better and it should really just be removed from rotation.

just to point out how serious tueten was when making this he wrote join eu1 * tueten in the flag room so remove tueten as map maker for siege as well plz some of us enjoy siege and dont want eu1 my old friends making propaganda in siege if they dont like siege dont play it end of story
BEEERRRR

Offline Krave

• Count
  • Renown: 253
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • I love dark honey [b]eer. It's awesome!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg_Krems
  • Game nicks: Krave_von_Krems, Yennefer_of_Vengerberg
Re: why tuetensupper should not make siege maps
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 10:22:24 pm »
+2
Please use punctuation, it's really hard to understand what's on your mind.

I think it's nice map. Attackers got 2 paths so there is less probability of "narrow passage slaughter". No idea if defender spawn behind underground gate is intentional but it forces players to coop. It also makes QAG and QDX voice commands useful  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

People go crazy about AMGs, Ms, GTRs, EVOs
I would take Skoda over them any day
No ABS, no assistance, it's just old, loud, indestrucitble diesel engine and you, smiling in banana yellow hatchback

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:18:50 pm »
Hate to say it, but i agree.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 04:26:05 pm »
+7
Calling a map maker my old friend for providing new maps...

Classy.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »
+2
Calling a map maker my old friend for providing new maps...

Classy.
I would rather play old maps I enjoy than new ones I dont enjoy.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 07:33:46 pm »
I like most of the new maps, Charge the arena is really cool map as well - or it would be if not this rocky surface. Jumping around while fighting is pretty annoying, so it would be nice to get this map with even surface. But apart from that don't see any problem with this map.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 08:20:06 pm »
I would rather play old maps I enjoy than new ones I dont enjoy.
Then providing constructive criticism in the proper thread of the map maker.

Calling Tuete a my old friend tho is just plain stupid and deserves more minuses than I can give. No idea why anyone would give that prick a +1.

Offline Jens_Langkniv

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 10:07:55 pm »
when the map maker is not respecting siege players and makes a map for siege then he is a my old friend, and broken ground like that have been proven many times that not something that belong in crpg its hard to fight on and bad for archers and cav, and im saying this as a melee char so....

also gate is pointless and again dont write shit like join eu1 in a siege map dosnt belong there lack of respekt so in turn im showing him lack of respekt, you get what you sow right
BEEERRRR

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 10:48:31 pm »
Let him do what he wants, same for Krex, Peasant Woman, IP Spanky Ham (?) and all the who make maps atm.

Suprisingly Tütens maps are pretty balanced even before he tested them with us on Eu2, so I say he does a good job.  They look good, they added new things I have never really seen before, very inventive.    9,5/10

Anyway, adding new unbalanced maps is better then no maps.  Just reply on his map thread with all bug issues you have and he will edit it instantly.

Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 11:13:15 pm »
Anyway, adding new unbalanced maps is better then no maps.  Just reply on his map thread with all bug issues you have and he will edit it instantly.

I just cant agree with you on that one, and you are hearing this from a map maker that has put a lot of effort in his maps (at the least the ones i submited to the rotation, there are other maps that i find unrealistic and tricky to play on).

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 11:20:40 pm »
+5
Well, I know nothing about the map in question, so I mean this as a general comment. With the time frame in which new patches come and the server killing potential of poor maps, it is not too much to ask for mappers to adhere to some design basics that avoid frustration in their first submission of a map.

Feedback like in the OP is rather toxic though.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 06:25:31 am »
+1
I just cant agree with you on that one, and you are hearing this from a map maker that has put a lot of effort in his maps (at the least the ones i submited to the rotation, there are other maps that i find unrealistic and tricky to play on).

nonono it wasnt ment that way. I ment its okay for that the new maps have issues, that they are not perfectly balanced and have bugs etc., but I am happy to see new maps and as far as I know tüten, he will fix this soon.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Jens_Langkniv

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 08:20:13 am »
i never said his map dont look good, or wasnt creative it is creative,  and looks good but gate is placed a place where it serve no purpose.  Defenders spawn outside the walls sometimes, and behind a closed gate, away from flag that the guys in the flag room only can open but if they do they also leave the flag vulnerble if attackers go that way.

and well it just seems he didnt put any effort into that map beside making it look good and thats really only something that will be appreciated if the map works and it dont its as bad as that map i dont recall its name where before it got fixed defenders spawned on a balcony often that only way away from was to jump to your death, its as bad as that really just in a different way.

so when he also wrote join eu1 in it, then it pissed me off and ya i overeacted a bit only a bit he deserved all the hard critism i gave in this case but i dont hope it will discourage him from making more maps he might get better but this map should be taken of rotation atleast untill its fixed and edited alot.
BEEERRRR

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 11:49:31 am »
+5
All I just noticed in this thread was some mimimi so I didn't read carefully.
All I can say is that we try to bring in some fresh wind so cRPG still stays fun.
Players cry for changes so here we go. We create something new, throw it out and see what happens with this pices we created in hours..
Mostly the seem to be broken on first or second versions, but with some provideable feedback where these maps seem to be broken or undefeatable or the cam marker which is used in conquest is not high enough so only half the map is visible, we can't realy test that, or at least I can't don't know what trick the one or other has.. So provide usefull feedback otherwise, nice to meet you - somewhere is a wall that's carefully listening :)

-Hellsing

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 07:17:08 pm »
+4
OP talks about lack of respect while calling Tuete a my old friend... oh, the irony.