4 (12.9%)
Powerlifting
3 (9.7%)
Strongman
0 (0%)
Other
12 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Does cRPG community lift? [NEW POLL MUPFUGGAZ]  (Read 9793 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Does cRPG community lift?
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2016, 02:15:19 pm »
If you have assymetric muscle strenght/agility, just add a few unilateral exercises on top of what you're doing. It will fatigue this side more so it will need more attention.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2016, 05:27:52 pm »
+1
Muscle asymmetry is super common in high level athletes. Google will be more help to you than this forum I think. Even better, go to the misc forums, I'm guessing there must be info on that issue there.
http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/muscle-asymmetry-affects-power-and-force-output
https://www.ptonthenet.com/articles/Muscle-Size-Asymmetry-2219
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 2Bach
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »
Dear Bach,

Long time reader, first time writer.

I have been going gym since my posts in the other gym thread, but with it being the season of weddings + stags I haven't got into much of a routine till lately. On the odd days I could make it I'd pair up shoulders +biceps or chest + triceps or do a leg day or work the back, and would attempt to do 1 week with low reps heavy weight and 1 week with more reps and lower weight.

More recently I decided I wanted to push fitness/stamina and strength training, so have been doing (only temporarily) a strange routine of going to the gym before breakfast each morning to run and do a bit of rowing machine, then hitting the gym after work in the evening every day where possible. I've also been putting more of a focus on the types of things I eat (without being a pussy about it), and have noticed craaaaaaazy health/fitness gains.

However, I feel like I could be making more strength gains. One of my biggest issues right now is that my left side is far weaker than the right, particularly when it comes to the biceps which are by far my weakest muscle at the moment. I know i'll need to do some targeted work-outs to balance things out the left side and make it stronger. At the moment I'm training nearly every day just to see if I can, so I'm working each muscle-group individually rather than pairing shoulders with biceps for example.

Do you have any secret workouts/techniques/regiments that will give me those crazy strength gains (particularly on my weaker muscles that need a jump-start, legs and chest and back are getting notably stronger anyway). Any tips for balancing out the weaker side? Is anything I'm currently doing stupid as far as you can tell?

Dear Heskey,

Firstly, doing cardio before breakfast is one of the best things for burning fat keep going with that. Also your training cycle, called as "bro split" is not the best way to improve your muscles. You need to pair your muscles if you want more gains and more strength if you are not a hardcore bodybuilder and not doing this sport for long years. And 1 week low weights-1 week high weights is not good. With low weights, high reps you can gain mass but with low reps and high weights you will get more stronger trust me thats what powerlifters do and they are strong as you can see. Select one of them and concentrate on it. I recommend the 2nd one it also helps burning fat too. For your asymmetry issue i recommend you to work with dumbells like dumbell presses for chest and shoulders, dumbell rows stay away from bars if its not necessary. The thing is you never isolate your muscles you always work your biceps and triceps with your muscles except legs and core. And if you want some fast muscle regeneration (by faster regen you get stronger more fast) check creatine supplement. To use it you must consume much water (like 3-3.5 litres a day) and your kidneys must be healthy because it holds water in your muscles. You will get more strong, you will less likely to be injured but you will look bulky. Not much but bulky. These are all i can say about your questions i hope it helps you.

Take care,
2Bach.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2016, 06:49:08 pm »
Dear Heskey,

Get stronger in compound movements - Bench, Deadlift, Squat, Chin-ups/Pull-Ups, Overheadpress and Rowing (You can do dumbell-rows, Bend-over-barbell-row or preferably a chest-supported rowing machine, where your lower back/body doesn't need to work so you can concentrate on the rowing movement only.

Do 5-8 Reps at MAX in compound movement, higher rep ranges are for isolation/assistance exercises. If you are a beginner, focus on compound movements, just do very little isolation work.

If you're capable of doing 10-12 full range of motion and slow chin-ups at ~ 90 kg bodyweight with 15 kg additional weight, believe me, you never need a single curl to have a big and strong bicep.

Don't train some stupid split if you're a beginner - do 3 full body workouts per week until you got intermediate strenght data, something like around 85 kg Bench, 115-125 kg squat and 130 Deadlift (as working weights, not 1 rep max.) It's counterproductive to split your training if you're not an intermediate lifter.

I got middle to end Intermediate/beginning of  advanced strenght standards (depending on the specific exercise) and I am still doing an alternating full body workout 3-4 times a week, or a split with 2 different workouts 4 times a week (upper/lower body).

For strenght standards I recommend this http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/ . There are different formulas on different sites, so individual strenght standards may differ a little, but thats not important.

(EDIT: You can of course do higher reps ranges for any compound movements, but as a beginner, its not necessary, or lets say, it's useless because the weight you move with higher reps, say 10-12, is way to low. So do 5-8 Reps)

Have fun!
 :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:54:46 pm by WarLord »

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2016, 07:08:04 pm »
My guess it that it will balance itself out over time, because that would be logical. But it's only a guess after all. I never noticed any (strenght) imbalances between certain body parts myself.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »
Heskey try overhead arm raises while cherry picking and side lateral raises and shoulder shrugs with dumbbells. These will force your weaker arm to do more work and also work your neck. The only thing worse than having chicken legs is having a chicken neck. Nothing looks worse than having big strong shoulders and a chicken neck, way worse than arm asymmetry probs. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:22:33 pm by Grytviken »

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2016, 07:27:52 pm »
Dear Bach,

Thank you for your reply.

The alternating weeks was part of my old routine and has already been scrapped, now I am just focusing on strength.

For pairing muscles, which groups would you recommend? Typically I'd always do legs on their own cos I guess you're doing multiple muscles in there anyway, so I assume that's correct.

Cheers,
Heskey

Dear Heskey,

I recommend pairing chest+biceps, shoulders+triceps and back+legs if you want you can split back and legs but i train them together to earn a cheat meal :P because they are the largest muscle groups of your body. warlord is right about compound moves i agree with him. and i want to add farmer's walk which is a cool exercise which strengthens your grip too.

Sincerely,
2Bach.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2016, 07:55:17 pm »
Defo wanna improve grip so i'll have a look at farmer's walk.

I wanted to start doing farmer's walk and wrist curls for my grip but switched the normal deadlift to stiff leg deadlift where I don't drop the bar between reps, so you're basically doing farmer's walk while you're also doing stiff-leg deadlift and I find it great for that. Burns my arms a whole fuckton.

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »
good exercise for hamstrings but normal deadlift is one of the best exercises for your body :oops:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2016, 08:55:23 pm »
I recommend pairing chest+biceps, shoulders+triceps and back+legs if you want you can split back and legs but i train them together to earn a cheat meal :P

I do legs + shoulder and back + triceps to split back and legs up. Deadlift and squat the same day is too much. :oops:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2016, 09:52:06 pm »
I wanted to start doing farmer's walk and wrist curls for my grip but switched the normal deadlift to stiff leg deadlift where I don't drop the bar between reps, so you're basically doing farmer's walk while you're also doing stiff-leg deadlift and I find it great for that. Burns my arms a whole fuckton.

Sorry to be the know-it-all, but that's a romanian deadlift then. On the Stiff legged deadlift every rep starts from the ground just like on the conventional.

Also we need to have at least 2 votes on the poll, I do bodybuilding and powerlifting, or at least I try to take the best out of both worlds. I train more powerlifting-ish for 3-4 months, then more bodybuilding-ish, and so on. It's great to always maintain good strenght standards, while still getting shredded at least for some time per year. 

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2016, 12:05:17 am »
I do legs + shoulder and back + triceps to split back and legs up. Deadlift and squat the same day is too much. :oops:

wow back+triceps combination is killer mate. i do deadlift as my final exercise because its impossible to train any muscles after deadlift :oops:

Offline JennaHaze

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2016, 12:07:19 am »
Sorry to be the know-it-all, but that's a romanian deadlift then. On the Stiff legged deadlift every rep starts from the ground just like on the conventional.

Also we need to have at least 2 votes on the poll, I do bodybuilding and powerlifting, or at least I try to take the best out of both worlds. I train more powerlifting-ish for 3-4 months, then more bodybuilding-ish, and so on. It's great to always maintain good strenght standards, while still getting shredded at least for some time per year.

there is a new trend named like powerbuilding or sth like that im also doing that 5x5 sets and shit gonna participate at powerlifting contest next year im so close to 2x bodyweight deadlift

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
Re: Does cRPG community lift? [NEW POLL MUPFUGGAZ]
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2016, 12:55:58 am »
"other"

unlike most of you nerds. I have sex 1 1/3 times a day.
Wich does more then a workout will ever do.

Healthy chemical balance
It makes me glow, cause of collagen
It gives me an overall better workout.. then going to the gym, several positions in 25 minutes.
Beats despressive feelings and stress
And it makes me even more attractive then i already am.
It makes me more attractive to the opposite sex.
And two people profit and enjoy from it at the same time.

Going to a gym, and having lonely "workouts" with some machines, nobs and dumbells... would make me feel very miserable and despressed. Cant imaging someone living a proper natural and fulfilled life, needs to seek outside sources and go out of his/her way to keep in shape.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:47:58 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Does cRPG community lift? [NEW POLL MUPFUGGAZ]
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2016, 01:51:18 am »
Squats, Deadlifts, Cleans
Squats, Deadlifts, Cleans