Author Topic: Ideas, ideas ideas needed people! Squeeze those brains. :) (Looms inside?)  (Read 6479 times)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
Re: Ideas, ideas ideas needed people! Squeeze those brains. :) (Looms inside?)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 02:31:31 pm »
+3
I think you should wait for a stable running alpha (such as the proposed March one) and throw it at reviewers, us CRPG guys and anyone who might generate interest. Get some game play videos as well as some dramatized ones and do a second kickstarter. Get the interest BEFORE the kickstarter with a date of it starting so people can get interested and throw money at it when the time comes. Get it in the top 10 and more people will see it and throw more money. I've seen a lot of complaints about the combat looking clunky and the animations looking crap and so on and while that's fine for it's stage in development people aren't going to get involved if it looks dodgy. While a lot of us here realize why I think you guys have probably hit up the kickstarter a bit prematurely.

I agree there are too many ties of donation and it makes people go what's this and this and perhaps limiting it to four or five tiers instead could help. $25 for Alpha $50 for fancy stuff, $100 for fancier stuff and maybe like a $500 clan pack or something.

Less text blobs, it was well presented with the pictures splitting it but it was too long. Most people won't worry about the "Social" and "Server" elements and probably even the "Engine" part. Get the most important things on the kickstarter like combat, development, customization and stronghold and leave the rest for the website. Biggest issue is the kickstarter page sort of overcomplicated things and people with a passing interest won't read all of it.

Split the website up a bit more with the options you've got in the kickstarter along the upper banner with videos pertaining to each category so the website will give the extra information that is currently on the kickstarter.

IMO videos are the most important thing as pictures don't really do it justice and get these towards the top of the page, do some quick videos kind of like the combat one but showing off different things. Like movie teasers.  Maybe do a short 2 minute teaser showing the game modes, battle with two large groups clashing, siege show the siege weapons and collapsing walls, stronghold the resource capture and the settlement development.

I honestly believe the combat and the stronghold mode are your biggest selling points, use them heavily.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »
+2
I too have my thoughts about the reasons why this Kickstarter didn't went well so far and agree on many points with oujama. But hey guys, let's analyze that and talk about what can be done better the next time after this Kickstarter is done.

The current Kickstarter is still running and even if it is looking really bad right now I think it would be better to talk about things that still can be done for this funding. Btw any words on that big update?

oh, and no, I currently have no Idea for an imgur album and no photoshop skills :(

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 03:07:33 pm »
My idea is simple: Boobs and cats.

can't help with the boobs, but with the cats. Team up with my kitten relief fundraiser , add some boobs to my ultracute kitten pics, and we will both achieve our goals!

BTW the Melee subreddit has HOW many subscribers? And how many of you nerds here use reddit? Fix dat. Nao.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 04:26:35 pm »
+5
How about...
You find some "people" who do medieval roleplay combat and get them somehow involved in making advertisment. You could even storm the Vienna in full plate mail.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 04:35:35 pm »
I think you should wait for a stable running alpha (such as the proposed March one) and throw it at reviewers

If, for some reason bizarre reason, we don't make our goal, then I think something along these lines is best. As part of the backer rewards, state that backers will get a playable alpha as soon as the campaign finishes. During the campaign, the alpha is already ready and is being offered up to anybody that can stream it, create youtube videos, etc to expand populairty.

However, we're totally not gonna fail. I'm depending on you guys to DO this!

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 05:52:35 pm »
How about...
You find some "people" who do medieval roleplay combat and get them somehow involved in making advertisment. You could even storm the Vienna in full plate mail.

somebody remember that hilarious Warband fight made by a couple of guys with original warband sounds overlayed?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »
+3
Yep guys, we are all learning fast here, and making tons of mistakes. (Lets leave that talk to if it fails.)

Our main problem atm is manpower and pushing the news out there. Kingdom Come had 2million USD before Kickstarter, and hired a professional press agency to get it out there. God knows what they paid them.

We don't have that kind of cash, but we have a community that they didn't have.

We are in the middle of the campaign, and I don't think all hope is lost yet. If you look at views on our videos, one main problem is that people haven't even heard of us! We are not able to push the word out there, and this is something all of you guys can help with.

That's why I asked someone here to do this imgur thing, because some people here would do it better than I ever could. As well as I don't have much time at all left for everything.

A kickstarter doesn't just happen by itself. It needs to be pushed out there continously, unless you make something that goes Viral. But then you are competing with SW teasers and kittens. That's just though.

Anyway, we have something in the works that we hope can explode, but for now we really depend on you guys. Spread the news, don't stop. 20k views on youtube is pathetic, considering how many people have been playing cRPG through the years.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Soulreaver

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 06:21:15 pm »
+1
as alternative...if you guys will get ~1000 backers to the end of ks campaign it's easier to represent the game to a publisher as a business project..to make an agreement.. to assure them it's worth investments etc, i think it worth a try so we ll get the game faster  :rolleyes:

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 08:03:55 pm »
+4
Yes of course, there ARE all kinds of options later. But the better the KS goes, the better our position will be, the more freedom we will have, and no one will meddle with OURs and YOUR game :)

So let's keep focus where we are at. :)  No point in creating more anxiety than we already carry.. :D

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 09:16:26 pm »
probably just spam every possible forum and youtube videos with similar games and improve kstarter post/videos as much as possible, dunno what else can one do in 2 weeks.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 10:14:38 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Honestly, I really like the preview, it has just enough personal information to let people see what it's like now for the developers.  It needs a little bit more detail on the game, but overall it seems really genuine.  People are really nice on there, however, it seems that making it to the front page of websites like that are really random.  I really think you can do it with a little bit more detail on your struggles and how you guys have gotten through it, how you've been constantly backed by an entire community and how you actually have something worth investing in here.  Just make an honest post, be direct, say what you guys want, you have the main idea down you should have a good chance.  I know you can do it Thomek :D

[Edit] Also go through the history of the mod and how you guys met just a little bit :D they love stories!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:07:03 pm by Kirbyy »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 11:24:11 pm »
+1
Yeah I'll do it myself then :)

I thought perhaps someone from community would step up, but nahh..

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 11:46:58 pm »
+2
I think something missing from the Kickstarter is an explanation of what the money is going towards. Why 130K? Was the number plucked from thin air, or is there some idea behind what the money will go towards? One of the most important things people will want to know is what their money is used for. There should be a really detailed breakdown of the costs, and what the game would be like without a successful kickstarter. Why does it cost 300k for single player? Will the game not have tournaments if you don't hit the other stretchgoal?I also think there is way too much choice in the tiers..people will get confused. Also think there will be confusion in what the product even is, especially with throwing in "sandbox" in there midway through. Why is it a sandbox game? Its kind of vague and seems to be to be used because it sounds cool

Anyway my 2p, take it with a pinch of salt as always

Besides that though you can't force things to go viral, and trying too hard might backfire. If you think something is funny or interesting then post it, but don't flood social media with junk that associates M:BG with something negative. I'm a bit disappointed we don't really have any good threads of reddit since the first week though, there is nothing that got upvoted decently since week 1
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 12:06:10 am »
I'll try and come up with something.

In the mean time, I've got a question: would the dev team consider revealing plans for The Epic?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 02:38:46 am »
+1
I think something missing from the Kickstarter is an explanation of what the money is going towards. Why 130K? Was the number plucked from thin air, or is there some idea behind what the money will go towards? One of the most important things people will want to know is what their money is used for. There should be a really detailed breakdown of the costs, and what the game would be like without a successful kickstarter. Why does it cost 300k for single player? Will the game not have tournaments if you don't hit the other stretchgoal?I also think there is way too much choice in the tiers..people will get confused. Also think there will be confusion in what the product even is, especially with throwing in "sandbox" in there midway through. Why is it a sandbox game? Its kind of vague and seems to be to be used because it sounds cool

Anyway my 2p, take it with a pinch of salt as always

Besides that though you can't force things to go viral, and trying too hard might backfire. If you think something is funny or interesting then post it, but don't flood social media with junk that associates M:BG with something negative. I'm a bit disappointed we don't really have any good threads of reddit since the first week though, there is nothing that got upvoted decently since week 1

I think you are right Grumbs. It was an oversight during the shooting of the KS vid, and it's a pity we haven't been able to communicate it. Also because the money would go to us having an simple office, + some pocketmoney to live for, so we can quit our dayjobs and actually work efficiently..  A very simple, practical and noble use of the money if you ask me..

Yeah, if anyone makes something special send it to me. We talk about it here before we go public with it.