Author Topic: :( Idea  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
:( Idea
« on: December 02, 2014, 11:11:59 pm »
+4
http://imgur.com/gallery/bI5Ca

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2o2psq/last_year_5_vs_1_multiplayer_survival_horror_game/

This imgur and reddit posts gathered thousands of up votes and publicity simply for an idea.. not to mention this shit is sketchy as hell.  Someone put the time into this and try to get publicity from this.  The Imgur post has over 15,000 upvotes.. bound to get publicity if done right.

If Melee:Battlegrounds can do this and get a bunch of upvotes and publicity.. boom great kickstarter.

in b4 Kirbyy you do it

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: :( Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 11:19:28 pm »
sooo, what's the actual idea?

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:19:33 pm »
+1
Kirbyy you do it
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 11:23:36 pm »
sooo, what's the actual idea?
The actual idea is that Melee: Battlegrounds tries  to get a reaction from people like this guy that I posted.  He literally has nothing for a game, but it looks nice and a LOT of people have seen it.  Donkey's crew is a lot more promising, has an actual project and evidence of it's development and overall deserves more attention than it's being granted from the lack of effort of social media publicity (I think so atleast).

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 11:25:15 pm »
+1
Good idea. Maybe they could do something similar for announcing Epic.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:45:44 am »
The actual idea is that Melee: Battlegrounds tries  to get a reaction from people like this guy that I posted.  He literally has nothing for a game, but it looks nice and a LOT of people have seen it.  Donkey's crew is a lot more promising, has an actual project and evidence of it's development and overall deserves more attention than it's being granted from the lack of effort of social media publicity (I think so atleast).

Still very vague. Look, the problem is: what is it exactly that made so many people click this shit? Maybe the belly top highschool kid with a bloody axe and the overall identification with that highschoolkids? That there is like zero information about the actual game? The Horror genre?

Maybe a good idea would be to make a small comic-like fictional story with Kajia art that could take place in the game. But this would be a lot of work and probably not doable for this Kickstarter, maybe for a future attempt.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 09:44:30 am »
+1
Still very vague. Look, the problem is: what is it exactly that made so many people click this shit? Maybe the belly top highschool kid with a bloody axe and the overall identification with that highschoolkids? That there is like zero information about the actual game? The Horror genre?

Maybe a good idea would be to make a small comic-like fictional story with Kajia art that could take place in the game. But this would be a lot of work and probably not doable for this Kickstarter, maybe for a future attempt.

its not really a mystery. it was short, simple, drew on something most gamers probably understand (left4dead infected spawning mechanics, tf2 classes, just all huge rip offs honestly) and posted in a simple, straightforward, visually arresting way. read it in 5 seconds, grasp the concept, think its cool, deceptive to think its innovative while just using shit we already know and like to sell it as reliable, +1 it and share it to someone else who likes the same shit.

its a swift pitch, sounds good feels good, doesn't trigger any sort of kickback like suspicion, doubt, failed expectations, so forth.

besides, clicks, views, shares are non-committal. donating money is. 15,000 people saw it sure. i doubt even 100 of them would donate real money. and at least 10,000 of those views will be by ppl who forget they ever saw it the next day and move on to the next attention grabbing high concept bullshit that hits the right notes.

its all based on i guess social psychology. I will continue pimping myself as a "freelance social networking/web 2.0 messaging coordinator" to m:bg team if anyone ever wants a real taste  8-)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 10:54:40 am »
yeah, but I think it is kinda pointless to suggest making something attention grabbing like this, without giving any concrete ideas of how to do that with M:BG. And 100 donators more or less is huge.

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 12:09:44 pm »
+6
besides, clicks, views, shares are non-committal. donating money is. 15,000 people saw it sure. i doubt even 100 of them would donate real money. and at least 10,000 of those views will be by ppl who forget they ever saw it the next day and move on to the next attention grabbing high concept bullshit that hits the right notes.

its all based on i guess social psychology. I will continue pimping myself as a "freelance social networking/web 2.0 messaging coordinator" to m:bg team if anyone ever wants a real taste  8-)
Then I suggest people should stop listen to you :P You didn't even bother to look at their kicktraq page, that post created a huge spike in backers:

That shitty post worked.

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 12:34:38 pm »
Reddit/imgur thread correlates with the day of -1 backers? :P

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 01:56:24 pm »
+1
Reddit/imgur thread correlates with the day of -1 backers? :P
Reading graphs cannot be that hard.

@Kirbyy
Don't forget to add the cat tax while making the post. Also, OP can't inb4.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 07:35:23 pm »
Then I suggest people should stop listen to you :P You didn't even bother to look at their kicktraq page, that post created a huge spike in backers:

That shitty post worked.

I didn't even know it was more than just an imgur post, didn't see any donation crap. That really is impressive. How many hits did they get compared to 500 donators? I assumed 15,000 hits would get 100 donators as a random guess, I doubt I was that far off.

Thing is its a shitty post but real sharable and fast at attention-getting. Why I unironically suggested M:BG devs make a short funny viral clip of them in armor fighting IRL and getting arrested in Vienna or something.

I don't know all these different crowdsourcing things nowadays either. Seems like something that will go on for a year or more without set goals would be way more appropriate for a game like M:BG then the Kickstarter system that really relies on snowballing in a couple days.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.