Author Topic: We've got a (HUGE FUCKING) problem here (updated)  (Read 7360 times)

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
We've got a (HUGE FUCKING) problem here (updated)
« on: November 22, 2014, 10:39:48 am »
+11
current:visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I prefer the green one :)

old:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:40:07 am by Aprikose »
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

pogosan

Re: We've got a problem here
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 11:52:36 am »
+5

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:32:32 pm »
+11
We need to get agreement from top youtube gamer channels to help promote, otherwise its going to be hard.
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 12:38:26 pm »
what happen if we don't reach 130k in 4 weeks? project just end?

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 01:34:01 pm »
+3

Happened for Life is feudal by the past. And see now  :wink:

Option is: making a 2nd kickstarter and put on steam greenlight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 02:58:46 pm »
I can't see the donkeys to give up. They will strugle through. it will just take much longer and might be not as perfect as it will be with the 130$.

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 03:47:26 pm »
+5
We need to get agreement from top youtube gamer channels to help promote, otherwise its going to be hard.

Honestly, this guy is right.  As much as you'd like to spam on forums and such, the only real hard promotion we're going to get will be from youtubers who are genuinely interested.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 04:19:37 pm »
+8
Honestly, this guy is right.  As much as you'd like to spam on forums and such, the only real hard promotion we're going to get will be from youtubers who are genuinely interested.

Only problem is that we as simple users won't be able to grab their attention, unless it so happens that some of us know these Youtubers personally.
This definitely needs to come from the devs on the buisness e-mails that we collected and in my opinion, it should have happened before the kickstarter was up. Youtubers like to feel special, at least most of them.

That said, there is plenty of time left, but we need to get the snowball rolling quickly, even just the Youtube-Community won't make this thing reach the goal. Needs time for those guys to praise the kickstarter in their own ways, reaching an even bigger audience and potential backers.

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »
+9
People don't trust Kickstarters anymore sadly. If this was 2012 you would have nearly $300k by the end.

Too many games have made more promises than they can fulfill and released unfinished, now gamers are very cautious about backing. Journalists don't like Kickstarters too much now either because it floods their inboxes, in general they tend to shy away from indie titles unless they look solid and provide a playable build with the email.

Kickstarter is being phased out by the gaming community, it sucks because you guys definitely deserve it and I hated to see that burst start to slow down. Another slight mistake may have been launching the Kickstarter so close to the holidays and after like 4-6 AAA titles have been released. Potential backers may have just spent $120 on FC4 and GTA5, so they may not have money to back. Others might be saving the money for black friday or christmas. The best time of year to do Kickstarters is April.

That graph you're seeing is normal, that's the end of your pre-launch fan base backing the project. Now it depends on exposing the game by landing articles/lets plays.

I have a campaign up now myself, the Yogscast and a few other big youtubers played and it only spiked our backers by 8. We also press-released to over 60 sites, only to get an article from 20, including two by RockPaperShotgun. We haven't been able to get a second Kotaku article since march, but Kotaku can deliver a big spike if you manage to get one.

This was much harder than me and my partner imagined, and I'm sure you guys see that as well. We wish you the best of luck!

No way, they can't give up! There are many successful titles out now that had failed Kickstarters, including Insurgency.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:59:31 am by Frell »

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 06:18:11 pm »
People don't trust Kickstarters anymore sadly. If this was 2012 you would have nearly $300k by the end.

Too many games have made more promises than they can fulfill and released unfinished, now gamers are very cautious about backing. Journalists don't like Kickstarters too much now either because it floods their inboxes, in general they tend to shy away from indie titles unless they look solid and provide a playable build with the email.

Kickstarter is being phased out by the gaming community, it sucks because you guys definitely deserve it and I hated to see that burst start to slow down. Another slight mistake may have been launching the Kickstarter so close to the holidays and after like 4-6 AAA titles have been released. Potential backers may have just spent $120 on FC4 and GTA5, so they may not have money to back. Others might be saving the money for black friday or christmas. The best time of year to do Kickstarters is April.
I have a campaign up now myself, the Yogscast and a few other big youtubers played and it only spiked our backers by 8.

This was much harder than me and my partner imagined, and I'm sure you guys see that as well. We wish you the best of luck!
No way, they can't give up! There are many successful titles out now that had failed Kickstarters, including Insurgency.

Fairplay mate, thanks very much for trying at least, I do agree that perhaps the timing has been a little unfortunate with the holiday and black friday incoming.
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 06:20:19 pm »
+1
Weeeeelll, that's the cRPG community's money gone, that's about it.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 06:22:19 pm »
Fairplay mate, thanks very much for trying at least, I do agree that perhaps the timing has been a little unfortunate with the holiday and black friday incoming.

The devs did some research prior to deciding on a kickstarter date and found that December kickstarters were very successful.
Supposedly they chose this time on purpose.

I have no idea what time is good for launching kickstarters but do you guys really think that is would have mattered whether it had been November or January?

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 06:24:26 pm »
The devs did some research prior to deciding on a kickstarter date and found that December kickstarters were very successful.
Supposedly they chose this time on purpose.

This is not true at all  :(

People go on vacation during December, and so does the press and youtubers. They are not near their computers nearly as much and most games/projects experience a stall.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »
This is not true at all  :(

People go on vacation during December, and so does the press and youtubers. They are not near their computers nearly as much and most games/projects experience a stall.

That's what they said. You should ask them how they came to that conclusion if it is this important to you.
Honestly, there is really no reason to complain about it now though. The kickstarter has started and we will have to do the best we can on those condition to make this game a reality :D

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 07:01:24 pm »
+4
The truth is that Kickstarters are hard hard work. Also, press will usually be more interested the nearer it is to success.

We need to be a team working 24/7 on this, letting the world know about it first and foremost.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.