Author Topic: [Blizzard] Overwatch  (Read 50259 times)

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
Re: [Blizzard] Overwatch
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2016, 04:59:15 pm »
+1
Fell from 51 to 40, im officialy scrub tier ayy

My irl buddy is at 37, with something around 30% win rate. Every time he asks me to play cold sweat pops at the thought of losing 30000% ranks in a matter of minutes. He's always drunk though...

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2016, 08:53:53 pm »
43, grinding my way up, winrate is about 50%
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 02, 2016, 12:09:13 am »
Good god someone save me from all the Ganji mains. All high ranked games pretty much come down to who has the best Ganji. You can just do so much on that hero.

First game won because we had this guy: https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/shadder2k
Second game lost because enemy had this guy: https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Necros-2326

not to mention like 70 out of top 200 players are all genji mains, and my games usually have about 4 top 500 players D;

save me
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:14:23 am by Vibe »

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #573 on: August 02, 2016, 01:05:57 am »
+1
Good god someone save me from all the Ganji mains. All high ranked games pretty much come down to who has the best Ganji. You can just do so much on that hero.

First game won because we had this guy: https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/shadder2k
Second game lost because enemy had this guy: https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Necros-2326

not to mention like 70 out of top 200 players are all genji mains, and my games usually have about 4 top 500 players D;

save me

Genji = Hard Carry without a Hard Counter. Personally, I'd like to see him get down to 150hp like Tracer.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 02, 2016, 08:56:33 am »
Genji = Hard Carry without a Hard Counter. Personally, I'd like to see him get down to 150hp like Tracer.

Yeah, well said. No hard counter for this weeb. 150 HP would definitely help. But I think his ult being too strong is one of the core problems of this hero. A good genji is pretty much guaranteed 3+ kills with his ult, his weeb blade has a massive reach and he can dash after every kill which makes him extremely mobile - that means he'll be hard to stop due to all the dashing AND he'll be able to kill all over the place. Usually ults function so that you can move out of the way if your reactions/predictions are on point or you can actually stop/kill the player that is ulting (Pharah is static, Reaper is very slow, Roadhog is slow). It just seems that Genji's ult is a bit out of place for this game compared to how all other ultimates function.

That being said I still think Genji and Tracer need a harder counter in this game - perhaps we need a hero that can stop movement skills (like dash and blink and possibly double jump) for a short time period. This wouldn't be as frustrating to play against as McCree stun (where you're completely helpless), if you get hit by it you can still fight back, but you can't use your super movement skills to run away or dodge it.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 02, 2016, 12:37:31 pm »
There is a couple of skills that completely nullify genji's ult, but since genji's ult means he can dash about (+ his usual mad jumps) its rather hard to "get him".
Maybe his +1 dash per kill should be removed, or his reach decreased to normal non-ult reach while ulting.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #576 on: August 02, 2016, 12:54:12 pm »
The reach on it is one of the main problems. I've been high in the sky as Pharah in the past and Genji has reached me with his ult. Total bullshit.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 02, 2016, 01:36:52 pm »
If you guys want to watch what kind of devastation Genjis did in the two matches I mentioned:

https://www.twitch.tv/shadder2k/v/81218129?t=69m49s (shadder2k genji perspective)
https://www.twitch.tv/forsenlol/v/81171858?t=367m00s (Forsen perspective, Necros genji)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #578 on: August 02, 2016, 04:43:53 pm »
Genji is definitely in need of a counter, I'm still not sold on tracer being as OP since so many top players still pick genji over her. Problem with genji is that a good one might as well be able to fly since once you've mastered his movement you practically never have to touch the ground again. Genji is fast on the ground and equally fast on walls/in the air. Tracer is only fast on the ground and moves fairly predictably. Her only options are to zip in a straight line or teleport to where she was a few seconds ago, and if you've been tracking her it's really easy to guess where that point will be before she even reappears. Genji on the other hand can basically move as fast as her but in any direction, and his movement seems far more unpredictable. Add in that his dash does damage and can be used as frequently as Tracer's (if he's killing enough peeps of course), and that his ult is just straight up better, and he's far more in need of a nerf. IMO Tracer is annoying, while Genji is annoying and insanely effective. I'm hardly a master of either character, but when I play Genji I feel like I only ever die due to making a mistake, I never feel like I simply got outplayed... so if I spent enough time playing him and never messed up, I'd be nearly unstoppable, which means of course that he's in desperate need of a stronger counter. If nothing else I think that the main difference between Tracer and Genji is Junkrat... he can nearly nullify tracer's movement options in a particular zone with his traps, bombs, and grenades, while a Genji can just kill him from above, jumping from wall to wall the whole time. But it seems like Junkrat isn't played too much at a high level, so maybe that is why Tracer seems just as viable a pick as Genji.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 02, 2016, 06:02:09 pm »
Yes Genji too unpredictable and can avoid damage, so his small HP pool is not a problem for people maining Genji.
His mobility should be somewhat nerfed (dash, double jump, climbing) and he will become more targetable even if the guy playing him knows every tricks.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 02, 2016, 08:36:07 pm »
+2
we rocket league now 8-)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 03, 2016, 12:00:02 am »
I enjoyed saying "What a save!" in chat way too much.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #582 on: August 03, 2016, 12:12:12 am »
I enjoyed saying "What a save!" in chat way too much.

Lovely. I love people who set up the enemy, just to spam what a save when you cant possibly save the shot  :D
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 05, 2016, 04:44:40 pm »
I'm with Vibe. Despite sinking down to 47 due to holidays (I hope), even my dabbling use of Genji seems to cause great confusion in the other team. Pretty much every time there's a Genji somewhere, it really feels like nobody knows how to play against him. Of course, that's also probably because I'm playing at trash tier and they rarely even see a Genji getting picked.

Another thing, does it feel to anyone else like the game is heavily balanced against premades? I play most of my games with a friend and we get like 35% win rate but when I solo queue, I win all the time. He's arguably better than me at the game, almost always gets more medals and does the job in general.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #584 on: August 05, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »
Another thing, does it feel to anyone else like the game is heavily balanced against premades? I play most of my games with a friend and we get like 35% win rate but when I solo queue, I win all the time. He's arguably better than me at the game, almost always gets more medals and does the job in general.

Tough for me to say since I'm probably the best out of the group of friends I play with, but if nothing else I notice that while we'll be a group of 4 level 20-40 players, we'll be up against 1st and 2nd prestiged players all the time, at least in casual mode. Definitely seems that the smaller the group I'm with the easier time I have winning. Maybe that's cuz I've got 3 "low leveled noobs" dragging me down and no amount of communication can balance that out (it isn't like we strategize all that much anyways, just use voice chat to chill and have fun), instead of 3 random players who at least can hit what they're aiming at and know what all the characters can do. I once played with a guy who was level 85ish and better than me in a group of 3, and even then we got absolutely crushed by the other team since they were still significantly higher level than us and if nothing else just outright outskilled us. Seems to me that instead of necessarily taking the time to balance the matches so it's a team of 4 v a team of 4 with two randoms on a side, it just assumes that the team of 4 is gonna be stratting real hard and therefore pits them against a team of 6 high level randoms. Or maybe it does pit large teams v large teams and apparently where we live the only other large parties go hard while we're naught but filthy casuals apparently.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador