Author Topic: Melee: Battlegrounds Q&A  (Read 30586 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Melee: Battlegrounds Q&A
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2014, 08:14:39 am »
For stronghold mode, is the world persistent, is there a building grace period and then no more building, or are you always free to build? If the foremost and last case, how would you prevent people from randomly building walls in the middle of a fight?

Maybe it works like nuclear dawn where you have a player that can be the eye in the sky who can build but only that player. Ofc there you can also get out of rts mode and just go shooting as well whenever. In there you can only build where you have buildings nearby so it starts at your base and expands outwards plus there's a restriction so you can't build right where the enemy's starting location is.

Would be a pretty cool mode if that was how it worked.

What do you mean by persistent though? Persistent forever? For 24 hours? Persistent throughout the round? I imagine it'd only be through the round but *shrug*.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #256 on: November 21, 2014, 08:28:24 am »
+1
What kind of impersonating are we going to see besides Edna and Al-Adin?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 21, 2014, 09:26:22 am »
What do you mean by persistent though? Persistent forever? For 24 hours? Persistent throughout the round? I imagine it'd only be through the round but *shrug*.

I was thinking a more longish term like a week-month or so; construction/defending would have more meaning than a short term period and constant wipes allows newer people to get their feet wet without being slaughtered.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:31 am »
+1
I was thinking a more longish term like a week-month or so; construction/defending would have more meaning than a short term period and constant wipes allows newer people to get their feet wet without being slaughtered.

It would be pretty cool this way too but I doubt it'll be this way. Prob will be through the round but I don't work on the game.

Plus if it didn't, I imagine that'd be easily moddable and allowed by chadz and co. PW would love that I'm sure.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2014, 05:26:19 pm »
+3
Voice communication; yea or nay? I want to yell profanities at my foe in a glorious finnish accent. And I'm talking about a 3D type system similar to what Mumble offers for some games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZTydpLefE&hd=1

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2014, 06:24:42 pm »
+2
So chadz...tomorrow when you sober up from your birthday party please tell us what did you waste more: yourself or our money ?   :P
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2014, 06:33:32 pm »
So chadz...tomorrow when you sober up from your birthday party please tell us what did you waste more: yourself or our money ?   :P
The coke and the hookers ofc. Silly Gnjus.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »
+1
Only on my shitty notebook now, so please bear with me if that question was already asked, takes ages to load a website so I cannot go through all pages of this thread.

Does a kickstarter package contain all of the contents from the cheaper ones?

I am considering spending a buttload of money (for me at least) so I just wanted to make sure.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:23 pm »
Only on my shitty notebook now, so please bear with me if that question was already asked, takes ages to load a website so I cannot go through all pages of this thread.

Does a kickstarter package contain all of the contents from the cheaper ones?

I am considering spending a buttload of money (for me at least) so I just wanted to make sure.

Yes and no. As you will notice on the KS page most pledge levels are named. For example you've got the "Full Pack," "Digital Collector's Edition," and "Landlord Pack." The landlord pack has everything the digital collector's edition has, and a little extra. However, you also have certain pledge levels that include multiple copies of a lower pledge level pack, for example the "Squire Pack" which gives you one digital collector's edition as well as one full pack. So you basically get two copies of the game, with some extras. However, the landlord pack, which comes after the squire pack, does NOT include everything the squire pack has... it has only 1 copy of the game. Instead, it has more goodies.

And since I was oh so helpful just now and you're planning on spending a boatload of cash... this means you're gonna get the squire pack so I can be your squire, right?!?  :mrgreen:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »
Yes and no. As you will notice on the KS page most pledge levels are named. For example you've got the "Full Pack," "Digital Collector's Edition," and "Landlord Pack." The landlord pack has everything the digital collector's edition has, and a little extra. However, you also have certain pledge levels that include multiple copies of a lower pledge level pack, for example the "Squire Pack" which gives you one digital collector's edition as well as one full pack. So you basically get two copies of the game, with some extras. However, the landlord pack, which comes after the squire pack, does NOT include everything the squire pack has... it has only 1 copy of the game. Instead, it has more goodies.

And since I was oh so helpful just now and you're planning on spending a boatload of cash... this means you're gonna get the squire pack so I can be your squire, right?!?  :mrgreen:

If you chuck some money in sure =D
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2014, 10:51:18 pm »
+2
Come to think of it, I'm actually surprised there haven't been any "Who wants to go in 50-50 with me to buy a _______ pack?" threads popping up here. I mean, it's not like we actually have any other friends who would be interested...  :lol:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2014, 12:01:48 am »
+5
Question: Now there are 310 Backers guaranteening about 16.700 Dollar.

You want 130.000 Dollar.

Will we make it?

You and us and everyone will need about 2.600 Backers who all give 50 Dollars to do this.

I am not shure if this will happen. Still I hope so.

Shure all of us backers will raise our initial bid for 20 percent.

Stiil

What if the goal will not be reached?

What if there is fail.

Will you continue on M:BG?!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2014, 12:03:47 am »
+1
they can crawl to paradox interactive and beg for publishing (i wouldve done this years ago lol)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2014, 12:19:28 am »
Yeah, either that or just try to reach the finish line with less money, maybe try to kickstart again with a more modest goal and scaled-back plan. I don't want to believe they'd just pull the plug.

Let's not lose faith though, there's still weeks left on this thing and anything could happen.
Don't.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 2397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2014, 12:33:18 am »
What if the goal will not be reached?

It is up to Donkey Crew, but if KS fail and they can't get that government money soon, they should do flexible funding Indiegogo campaign to close the gaps.

But as I said in another thread, there are many ways to make this work. They haven't yet been covered anywhere.

Also 16700/3 is 5566 per day, they need 130000/30 or 4333 dollars per day. As long income is steady, it's fine.