Author Topic: This is not a good battle map!  (Read 876 times)

Offline Christopher_Robin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
This is not a good battle map!
« on: September 25, 2014, 03:22:48 pm »
This is not a good battle map!  :?

Way too cav and archer friendly. NO cover for infantry, and don't tell me to go play seige beacause I want to play battle.
Just a reminder, infantry is the weakest class in Warband and you are making them even weaker by putting maps like
these in the rotation.

I hear a lot of commplaints in-game about cav being overpowered, especially HA (horse archers). This can be fixed
by making maps that profit the weakest class in the game, infantry. Keep in mind that infantry is what most
people play in c-rpg. Make town and city maps for battle, not plains with some ruins spread out, or super small villages.

Ya'll probably think that the classes needs to be buffed or nerfed to regain balance, but I strongly believe that the map you
play take a great part of the balance, im sorry to say but most maps I see in battle look like there been 30 minutes put into them, or less.
Great mod, but sadly bad maps/levels.

Please give input on this, we all know this is the case, but if you think the maps that are in battle rotation are good (there are some good) then
you have seen nothing of what you can achive with the warband world editor.

Edit: Here is my work on a map I did in early 2013!
I have no street view of it but there is a fair amount of detail on that entire city, cause I care/d
about the quality of the server I was making maps for. I never finished this one though, turned
out to big, but that is not the point, look at it's beauty. I've worked with many creative sceners
so it hurts my soul when I see stripped down boring maps in any mod or server. :shock:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:36:06 pm by Christopher_Robin »

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
Re: This is not a good battle map!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:42:01 pm »

Edit: Here is my work on a map I did in early 2013!
I have no street view of it but there is a fair amount of detail on that entire city, cause I care/d
about the quality of the server I was making maps for. I never finished this one though, turned
out to big, but that is not the point, look at it's beauty. I've worked with many creative sceners
so it hurts my soul when I see stripped down boring maps in any mod or server. :shock:

Way to infantry and Archer Friendly.
Cav is the weakest class in this game, I hear too many complaints on how Pole and 2h is easymode and not something that takes skills as cav does.
This map is not balanced in the slightest, where is the place for cav? where is the place for almighty HA?

Son, I am Disappoint.
SugarDaddy
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline Christopher_Robin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 04:13:55 pm »
LOL way to troll.

That map is not a Battle map, it was a seige map with plenty of cover for infantry and little room for cav to manuver in, but they could still ride around, also very few vantage points for archers, relieving stress from infantry when fighting other infantry or cav. The point with my showing that map is to prove how much better you can make your maps, both visually and the gameplay of it.

What place for HA and Cav?? There is no special place for HA or Cav, don know what youre talking about, and if we would make a vote of most OP class in C-rpg, infantry would not be on the top, but you know that silly troll.

How about you go outside and get some air, and when you come back you can try to be a better troll.

Pleas also, if you are going to give criticsim, then atleast make it a bit constructive. Also please show me some of your work, you tiny peasant.
What have you done in warband other than trolling?

Offline LEKIS

• Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lekismurderer
  • IRC nick: Lekis
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:53:40 am »
That's a bullshit map and you know it.

*Oh senpai, look at my map, notice me*

And btw, I've seen you play and I can say that the problem is not OP cav or Archers nor the maps, it's you making it easy for them to kill you.

HUSSAH!

*writing this from work*  rekt
The day will come! Hordes of communist mechanical bears mounted by muslim liberal gay black in spanishs, bringing destruction to the visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Land Of The Free . Prepare yourself America!

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 11:55:41 am »
+1
Some people love open plains maps because people occasionally do epic teamwork there, Dune is pretty much the only map left that is fully open and I intend to leave it in. It is fairly playable as infantry in my opinion. Also, Dune is a good-looking map and well made map, it is supposed to look like sand dunes and it looks a fucking lot like sand dunes to me. Also, infantry the weakest class, what?

Yes you can get quite a lot of mileage as visuals go with the Warband editor and many maps in cRPG are pretty, but nobody really cares. The game will still look crappy regardless of the quality of the visual map work, so I am not going to tell map makers to fuck off if they didn't fiddle around enough with texture blending and colouring, even if their maps play well. Good way to kill the already very fragile mapping community. Besides, if you take of your texture packs your map would look a lot less pretty.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:04:41 pm »
Open terrains are the soul of crpg tbh, fighting with teamwork in an open terrain involves tactics as you have to deal with archer, infantry and cav all toghether.
Ofc I can not stop ignoring the fact that most of the players in battle servers nowadays dont team work at all and just abuse of horse archering, but it shouldent be like this, these maps were designed for full server battles as it used to be, and it worked just fine.
I think removing open terrain maps is not a solution.