Author Topic: Fix this map [Viking Village]  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Fix this map [Viking Village]
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:27:52 pm »
+4
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In a nutshell: This map is close to impossible to defend. Being in the defending team is a 90% chance of loosing your multi and keep loosing until

a) you get switched to the attacker side
b) the map is over

Solutions to make the map better?
- More chances for defenders to fight back attackers from the backdoor
- longer runway for attackers / shorter runway for defenders (if you ignore the wall, the difference between def and att runway is vanishing)
- maybe a different place for the flag.

The whole maps architecture is more like some kind of decoration. A huge, emtpy field map with a flag on it would be as easy to defend as this map

Remove it from the roster and maybe fix and balance it. The map is no fun to play. (sorry to the creator for the harsh words ;/ )

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
Re: Fix this map [Viking Village]
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:45:18 am »
+2
The door of the keep on the right side is only openable from inside, by both attackers and defenders. Which makes it ridicilously impossible to hold by defenders because if you re inside, you have to fight and die because you dont have the door advantage.

Backdoor is easily reachable and castle is too big with 3 entrenances for attackers, makes it hard to defend the castle against invaders from backdoor.

Best solution is to remove it imo.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:38:19 pm »
this map is too big, we dont have as many players as we used to have, remove this, no offence to the creator.

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 04:54:33 pm »
+1
this map is too big, we dont have as many players as we used to have, remove this, no offence to the creator.

Too big? Seriously? xD
That's bloody rich coming from the guy who made the cliffside castle, which is even bigger =P

Since thrand announced it's hiatus, i'll get something done then. Backdoor is no problem since it's easy to defend with few people. Yes, the gate is kinda awkward. I'll just remove the def spawns in there and turn the gate around and see what happens. 
Although i did see it being defended quite a lot iirc. But again, i'm not as active as i used to be.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:01:34 pm »
Too big? Seriously? xD
That's bloody rich coming from the guy who made the cliffside castle, which is even bigger =P

Since thrand announced it's hiatus, i'll get something done then. Backdoor is no problem since it's easy to defend with few people. Yes, the gate is kinda awkward. I'll just remove the def spawns in there and turn the gate around and see what happens. 
Although i did see it being defended quite a lot iirc. But again, i'm not as active as i used to be.

Thank fucking god, your dumbass has done enough damage. RIP true DTV, how you convince yourself new DTV is better than the fun times that were had on Rizi and Istinar...like i said...dumbass, the mod is run by them, from fips to tydeus to san...bunch of dumbasses

Sucks the donkeys left this mod...ill take a bunch of lazy troll asses over dumbasses anyday.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 05:08:00 pm »
Thank fucking god, your dumbass has done enough damage. RIP true DTV, how you convince yourself new DTV is better than the fun times that were had on Rizi and Istinar...like i said...dumbass, the mod is run by them, from fips to tydeus to san...bunch of dumbasses

Sucks the donkeys left this mod...ill take a bunch of lazy troll asses over dumbasses anyday.

Fyi, i did play quite a lot of dtv when i did all those changes. Like, not just a lot, but 24/7.  But whatevs, QQ moar.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 07:47:10 pm »
Fyi, i did play quite a lot of dtv when i did all those changes. Like, not just a lot, but 24/7.  But whatevs, QQ moar.

I love when whenever one of you lads fucks something up horribly, your response to the criticism, no matter what...is "w.e. QQ more"

I used to play DTV alot...and when I say 24\7...i actually fully mean it. Now? NO ONE plays DTV.

Let me guess your response "meh, its only NA, who cares about them , w.e. QQ more"

The fucking idiots here that have power to make changes, truly make crpg what it really is...a fucking joke, made by jokers, run by jokers, balanced by idiots, maps and modes created by people like yourself.

Thx for killing DTV Fips, u and Tydouche are doing a great job on this mod.

THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 09:16:17 pm »
Well, i'd be glad to give you this position, i bet you'll do so much better.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 01:04:50 am »
Well, i'd be glad to give you this position, i bet you'll do so much better.

Thing is, you didnt HAVE to do anything, its like valor, taking something that isnt broken, try to fix it, and end up breaking it. The only way that i could see the old DTV being improved was if the bots spawns were just a little closer...yeah, thats about it, i thought it was perfect before.

No one ever knocks a guy when they do a good job, so i get that i am being a bit of an ass here, but goddamn i loved that mode. Freeroam DTV was awesome, heroes would go out and take on the entire crowd by themself, letting new players sit back and get decent xp, with little challenge or frustration. It was a win win, vets got their fun, new players had a mode where they could get decent xp without going 0-15 every round.

There are more than a few NA no life DTV lovers, a couple i know of tinker around with maps and events. I understand DTV is still active of EU, and i go there every now and then. Even with a full server, its just not nearly as fun as the old dtv. And yeah, you can call us selfish NA players for "not using teamwork", and i guess we are selfish, we can use teamwork, but we dont care to sit bottle necking them every round...btw how is that less exploitative than freeroam?

IF you gave me your position, Id turn DTV back to what it was, female virgin and everything...then id never touch it again.
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 02:28:25 pm »
By the way, since the new patch it´s now impossible for defenders to open the doors of the main building from the inside

...why :D

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 04:03:54 pm »
+1
By the way, since the new patch it´s now impossible for defenders to open the doors of the main building from the inside

...why :D

Ehm yeah, that was intended. The gates are opened from the outside, def spawns were removed inside of the house and def can always use the doors.

Offline Ikarus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 04:21:36 pm »
Ehm yeah, that was intended. The gates are opened from the outside, def spawns were removed inside of the house and def can always use the doors.

I see; people were shouting "doors are bugged" and stuff like that, but the map seems to be easier to defend now (from a short observation now, idk how balanced the map is now on a long run)

anyways: thank you for the hotfix  8-)