Author Topic: Collection of stuff for cRPG. Updated 9/6/2014 (Work In Progress)  (Read 6495 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: My collection of stuff for cRPG. Updated 8/24/2014
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2014, 08:10:51 pm »
The upper one is awesome, but a bit standardized in style compared to your other models (e.g. new version of Ninja Steppe Armor, same color scheme). Do you mind giving the red another shot? Please try a darker shade as in
http://images.kaneva.com/filestore9/4976516/6111561/VelourUDarkRedU05.jpg
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »
+2
The upper one is awesome, but a bit standardized in style compared to your other models (e.g. new version of Ninja Steppe Armor, same color scheme). Do you mind giving the red another shot? Please try a darker shade as in
http://images.kaneva.com/filestore9/4976516/6111561/VelourUDarkRedU05.jpg

Like this perhaps?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2014, 08:37:36 pm »
+1
Yea, sankyu :D I don't think the second one looks bad 8-)

What's your opinion about it?
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2014, 08:55:36 pm »
+1
Imo its not a good one ;p

Duh!

Behold the awesomeness of black and red T_T

(click to show/hide)

Also

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/retextured-kaftan/

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2014, 08:57:29 pm »
Yea, sankyu :D I don't think the second one looks bad 8-)

What's your opinion about it?

Well i don't know ;p, its hard to tell is it good or not unless people tell you what they think. same goes to game developers who need people to find bugs and stuff.

the retextured kaftan is a bit over *gritty* in my opinion, still good overall and you have talents in this, how come you stopped Panuru?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2014, 09:00:50 pm »
+2
You just come to learn that the community is probably going to be split on most things. Just look at the poll results of the retextured kaftan. Do what you think is best :)

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2014, 09:02:56 pm »
+1
the retextured kaftan is a bit over *gritty* in my opinion, still good overall and you have talents in this, how come you stopped Panuru?

I never really started =D All I have done is a B/R version of Kaftan, a B/R version of Leather Armor and a fix for the Worn Desert Robe model. And I suggested the Black Leather Gloves (but 722 made the model). Basically it is because I never looked into the fancy software stuff. I simply edit the .DSS raw textures directly, without any 3d view on it. That takes time and is probably not the easiest way of retexturing, but one I understood ;)

TL;DR I got the ideas but lack the technical knowledge to implement them without major efforts.

Edit:
You just come to learn that the community is probably going to be split on most things. Just look at the poll results of the retextured kaftan. Do what you think is best :)
Maybe there is an option to add alternative instead of retex items? I dunno, you are the council =p

Offline George_of_Nottingham

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2014, 10:15:05 pm »
+1
the new gothic plate model is very cool, but what about new plate gloves and plate boots in gothic plate style??

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »

Thanks man, indeed there are people who prefer western stuff while some people like samurai stuff.  Will do.

Interesting, but what i am saying is if you try to learn more things from it i am sure you will become a good modder someday, if only if you keep practice that is ;). if you got any more requests do post them here ;).

the new gothic plate model is very cool, but what about new plate gloves and plate boots in gothic plate style??

They are there but i didn't have the time to post them yet. they do fit cRPG very well in my opinion, will post them soon.

Edit: Posted some small samples on 1st page, take a look whenever you can and see if you like them
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:44:18 am by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Afina

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 135
  • cRPG Player
  • «This is where we fight, this is where they die!!»
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Other
  • Game nicks: Afina
  • IRC nick: Afina
Re: Collection of stuff for cRPG. Updated 8/24/2014
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2014, 07:23:41 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Madness…? This is Sparta!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:55 pm »
+1

Not sure if you just have a crappy PC like me and play on very low graphic settings, or if the models are actually eye-cancerish ugly :(

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2014, 05:12:50 pm »
+1
It was decided a while ago that we wouldn't be adding many more recolours (unless they were extremely high quality), and cmp hates armors that mix & match meshes from various other armors. One of the things we look for in new meshes, is whether or not it will blend in well with a large number of pre-existing items. We have to check whether or not many items in crpg will for example, clip through large parts of the new mesh (necks/wrists/knees.) We have to check to make sure the bump/spec maps are properly designed for the armor (there was a bit of a backlash with some armors not adhering to this, recently.) Then of course we always have to check to make sure the items are realistic (Afina's previous post would utterly fail that test, for example).

Edit: Some of those new plate sets could probably be added.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:29:23 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »
It was decided a while ago that we wouldn't be adding many more recolours (unless they were extremely high quality), and cmp hates armors that mix & match meshes from various other armors. One of the things we look for in new meshes, is whether or not it will blend in well with a large number of pre-existing items. We have to check whether or not many items in crpg will for example, clip through large parts of the new mesh (necks/wrists/knees.) We have to check to make sure the bump/spec maps are properly designed for the armor (there was a bit of a backlash with some armors not adhering to this, recently.) Then of course we always have to check to make sure the items are realistic (Afina's previous post would utterly fail that test, for example).

Edit: Some of those new plate sets could probably be added.

Interesting, so thats what happened.  Tydeus could you perhaps download the new meshes posted here and see if they are fit for cRPG? I did some quick test while playing in my sets and i think its ok. What do you think?

Good to hear my efforts are not wasted. BoE is already using some of them, the new sets will definitely bring something to cRPG if they were implemented
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:34:12 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Collection of stuff for cRPG. Updated 8/24/2014 (Work In Progress)
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:28 pm »
Yes, please, we need an item manager, the reason I started playing again was because there was so many new armors which got me inspired again. Please, please, please.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Collection of stuff for cRPG. Updated 8/24/2014 (Work In Progress)
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »
~nvm~