Author Topic: I am a chinese Server Admin, I have something to say about that DTV issue  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Sonic

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Greeting my lord chadz, Meow, and Crpg crews,

I am Blood_Sonic, an admin of CHN & WB . firstly, it is really awkward for me to see this event tookplace in our server. I am really sorry for this. I promise this would not happen again.

admittedly, it is our fault that we didnot change the gamemode from DTV to battle before we leave the server. without the presence of admins, some of our players lack awareness of  following the rules. I warnned other admins to shoulder the responsibilties, however, they might forget what I said before my leave the serve. they finnally forgot change the mode back to normal.  Leaving server to some of our players finnally contribute this event.

we will strictly follow your rules in the following days and I do appologize again for this. Please be noticed that, not all chinese players intending to break the balance of Crpg. it is only a minority group who not concern the whole integrity  of  Crpg.

PS: some of our Players were kicked out without any reason when they jiont the EU server. may be just coz the high ping. Plz donot judge a person by his Ping, but by his behavior in the game.

yours honestly,

Blood_Sonic

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
may be just coz the high ping. Plz donot judge a person by his Ping, but by his behavior in the game.

Only thing I have to say about this part is that those 300+ pingers from china (or wherever, not specifically china) that come to the servers where they don't live are taking up a valuable player slot from someone that would have a lower ping and actually lives in that area.  Not to sound mean, but when you have your own server in your own area of the globe in a mod with limited space to play you really have no reason to go take up a slot anywhere else.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cellex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cellex
  • IRC nick: Cellex
Only thing I have to say about this part is that those 300+ pingers from china (or wherever, not specifically china) that come to the servers where they don't live are taking up a valuable player slot from someone that would have a lower ping and actually lives in that area.  Not to sound mean, but when you have your own server in your own area of the globe in a mod with limited space to play you really have no reason to go take up a slot anywhere else.

Thats being kinda racist.... not letting other people join the server because the people who are from where the server is based also want to join? It shouldnt matter where the person from, only that their contributing.

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile

I guess you forgot that we play cRPG for fun, right?
Valuable slot?  :arrow: there are plenty of servers and lot of slots are open, you only said that to be mean.
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
you only said that to be mean.

No, believe it or not I didn't.  I said it because it's retarded to have some laggy, warpy, non-factor 300-400 ping player taking up a slot on the server (and thus increasing server lag by whatever %) instead of playing on their own perfectly good local server.

I feel the same way about any of us NA guys playing on the CHN or EU servers.  It's retarded.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
(and thus increasing server lag by whatever %)

High-ping players don't increase "global server lag" or anything (believe it or not, the netcode is not that bad). They're just annoying per se.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
High-ping players don't increase "global server lag" or anything (believe it or not, the netcode is not that bad). They're just annoying per se.

It's not the high-ping increasing the global server lag I was referring to, just the general increase in server lag from that extra player being on it.

Server lag @ 30 players vs 100 players for instance.

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
That's true.
But then, who decides whether one is "worthy" of playing on a server or not?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
That's true.

Well... noone decides.   :P  Was simply stating an opinion that I feel it's rather retarded to waste/take up that slot when you're just going to be a super laggy/warpy 300+ pinger.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
That's true.
well from what i read the EU decides who is worthy....
People might want to spread the love on the EU sever, kinda seems Cmpx is saying that EU severs hates high ping players  :shock:

Offline cmp

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
well from what i read the EU decides who is worthy....
People might want to spread the love on the EU sever, kinda seems Cmpx is saying that EU severs hates high ping players  :shock:

Are you retarded?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I feel the same way about any of us NA guys playing on the CHN or EU servers.  It's retarded.

Sometimes I wander to the NA servers' darkness and chaos...

Funny thing is my ping doesn't really go up that bad. Plus, my kill count increases greatly. :3

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Funny thing is my ping doesn't really go up that bad.

Then what I said above wouldn't really apply in this situation.   :P

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Sometimes I wander to the NA servers' darkness and chaos...

Funny thing is my ping doesn't really go up that bad. Plus, my kill count increases greatly. :3

That's because they suck.

:lol:

But yeah, considering my clan is multi national we have NA players playing on EU and sometimes some of us EU go play with the NA guys on the NA servers, don't see an issue with that tbh.