Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 28524 times)

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 03:07:42 pm »
So there wasn't any capable crossbowman to shoot their horse or directly him ?

seems its easier to whine
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »
valour stealing meanies is what they are
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »
+1
Not possible  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sure, nerf it to hell, make it completely useless.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 03:23:02 pm »
+9
Did you spectate and check so that they no one on the other team fed them score at the end of the round? its become a thing apparently for clanmates to never attack eachother during battles except in the end where one stands still and feeds valour to the other. Im looking at you barabe scum, i saw you all playing HA's and not shooting a single shot at eachother even when you got switched so you had like 3 HA's on each team. Lazy ass admins didnt do shit to ban when teamworking across teams either.

Seriously, teamworking when on different teams should not be allowed.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »
+5
Did you spectate and check so that they no one on the other team fed them score at the end of the round? its become a thing apparently for clanmates to never attack eachother during battles except in the end where one stands still and feeds valour to the other. Im looking at you barabe scum, i saw you all playing HA's and not shooting a single shot at eachother even when you got switched so you had like 3 HA's on each team. Lazy ass admins didnt do shit to ban when teamworking across teams either.

I though I was paranoid when I saw this, I was charging with a barabe one day and he refused to help me kill this other barabe, instead he kept running in my swing blocking them and even reporting the TH..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 03:26:41 pm »
I forgot to mention that with it comes a significant damage buff, individual arrows will cause more damage but they will be more scarse - this will result in archers having bto think before they shoot - mindlessly shooting shields, for example, will be a waste of arrows.

This is in no way a nerf to archery, this is solely a way to make archery less unforgiving then it currently is.

Is it a nerf? Yes, to their playstyle - not their effectiveness. Will this destroy archers? Yes, but only those who cant aim for shit and are, up untill now, allowed to mindlessly spam their arrrows without any concern of going out of arrows.

Ps: if you really want to understand my suggestion id say read and comprehend the thread - I am 100% sure that this could work and bring more depth to archery.

The damage buff would have to be immense. At the moment I am using a MW Rus Bow and have 6 Power Draw. Some people can take like 6+ arrows and still walk around like nothing happened.
If I had only 10 arrows (Read that you want the 5 Arrow quiver to be 0 slots), even with a reasonable damage buff, I would still need like 4 arrows to take some people down. That is one quiver gone right there assuming I miss only one shot.

I agree that the amount of arrows need to be decreased, but such a huge change to archery is uncalled for.

In the end of the day there would be countless people crying about how OP Archery damage is. Because nobody notices the arrows flying into the middle of nowhere, but everybody notices the arrow stuck in their torso.
And that arrow would deal a lot more damage than it is the case right now.

People would not notice being shot at less often. But they will notice an arrow hitting them and they will cry about it taking 70% of their hitpoints.

Leave everything as it is, except for reducing the quiver size by 5 arrows or so. (But then you gotta reduce the quiver weight as well)
Then nerf HA a bit more by making Yumi unusable on Horseback, or reducing their angle of firing or whatever is being suggested.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:28:11 pm »
+1

Agreed, a certain degree of brocoding is fun and all, like when you see a peasant or something, but especially brocoding between clanmates should not be allowed.
Especially when it changes the outcome of the battle in total, or maybe even only a duel or so.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 03:29:19 pm »
+1
[...] HA shouldn't be able to use heavy horses.

+1

Offline Ncromancien

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 9
  • The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Ncromancien / Barabe_Yuno_Mononoke
  • IRC nick: Ncromancien
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 03:30:38 pm »
I though I was paranoid when I saw this, I was charging with a barabe one day and he refused to help me kill this other barabe, instead he kept running in my swing blocking them and even reporting the TH..

I'm kinda sad to hear that something like that happened to you :/
I knew my guys were teamworking when they are not in the same team, but I didn't know that this kind of thing occured, I'm sorry and I'll try to speak to my guys to see if I can make them stop that, eventhough I know that they won't stop giving each others valour.
"Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do? But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 03:31:49 pm »

we are not byz gayvoth!

you are mad for two days....sad!

BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Barabe_Zibart

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 03:33:58 pm »
Just because im good as HA (Zero_SaT) doesnt mean that it should be nerfed? btw teeth, u took 15 arrows before you died so dont complain.. see u in-game. //Zero_SaT and Barabe_Zibart

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 03:39:11 pm »
+3
we are not byz gayvoth!

Are you claiming that Byz practices teamwork when on opposite sides?
Hahaha! Joke of the day mate :)

You know what everyone of us thinks when seeing another Byz on the other team? We ignore everybody else and try to hunt that fucker down to eventually bath in his blood!

Offline Thorvic

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ordre de l'Étoile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Thorvic
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 03:40:48 pm »
About the suggestions of 5 arrows, do you really think a soldier will go to fight with 5 arrows ?  Well played there  :lol:

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 03:41:15 pm »
+7
Just because im good as HA (Zero_SaT) doesnt mean that it should be nerfed?
The point, is that it shouldn't have the killing potential that it has. Topping the scoreboard in kills, which is often done by HA, necessarily means it has too much killing potential. It should not be on equal footing as melee, period.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 03:42:54 pm »
+1
we are not byz gayvoth!

We may be byzcuntium abusing whatever we find enjoyable, but atleast we dont break the auto balance by not attacking eachother, we do the complete opposite, the one who gets switched is the one who dies first.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA