Author Topic: Sheltered  (Read 464 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Sheltered
« on: June 12, 2014, 06:23:53 pm »
+1
PC gamer mag.- "Sheltered looks like a cross between FTL and Fallout, and is scavenging for Kickstarter cash."

It looks like a neat premise, it seems to have entered a kickstarter campaign and im glad to see they arent asking for much money.  Anytime i see kickstarter campaigns i always shit a brick at people asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Either way i dont know much else on the game, as i saw it while i was about to play FTL, but it looks very neat and the kickstarter stuff looks cheap.  So take a look, and decide for yourself if its your cup of tea.

"At the start of the game, the player must grab as many supplies from the supermarket as possible to stock their pantry in the shelter. Whatever supplies they manage to secure before the end of the four minute warning is what the player will start with in their shelter."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"The game contains a highly complex system that keeps track of the family water and food rations, their mental well being, their general fatigue and sickness levels. The clipboard will provide key information throughout the game, and should be checked upon regularly!"

PC gamer link:

Kickstarter link:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheltered
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:03 pm »
Can only be good if it has FTL in it.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:11:47 pm »
This game looks more tedious than fun IMO, I think there's a fine line with games like this and I feel this one could end up on the wrong side of that line. Of course that's just my own opinion which is only an assumption of the little I've seen and read about it.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 08:39:45 pm »
This game looks more tedious than fun IMO, I think there's a fine line with games like this and I feel this one could end up on the wrong side of that line. Of course that's just my own opinion which is only an assumption of the little I've seen and read about it.

thats why Sim's is one of the top selling titles of games.  Some people like those sort of games, i dont know if this will be that or not.  But from the little i have read of it, it looks neat, especially if its going to cost like 10 dollars.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 09:00:28 pm »
Looks quite solid to me. Would give it a shot.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 10:05:20 pm »
Can you name the father Christopher?

It would be the best thing ever

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »
thats why Sim's is one of the top selling titles of games.  Some people like those sort of games, i dont know if this will be that or not.  But from the little i have read of it, it looks neat, especially if its going to cost like 10 dollars.

Yeah but for some reason I don't think many of those die hard Sims fans are going to be buying this game lol, it seems quite clear to me that the target audience is completely different.

I'm not saying it WILL be bad or boring, but from everything that is written and that was said is that basically you're just going to be scavenging shit, fixing shit and hiding in a glorified hole, unless they add massive randomization and complexity to this style of gameplay then it will be boring after a couple of play throughs. Could that still be worth $10? sure it could, but there are enough mediocre time wasters on the market as it is.

But hey, that's all just my opinion and speculation, I enjoy being the negative nancy when it comes to games, mostly because the market is infested with false promises and shallow games, it's a nice surprise when I've doubted a game and it turns out good.  :D