Author Topic: Lvl 33 cav build help  (Read 751 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Lvl 33 cav build help
« on: June 01, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »
+1
Im currently lvl 31

16/24

5ps
8ath
8riding
3wm

At 33 I will have

18/24

6ps
8ath
8riding
3wm

1 point left, i feel like 1 IF will be useless as I dont really need it as cav since im already marked for death whenever I get dehorsed.

One more wm, shield or if?

Tyvm for your help,
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Lvl 33 cav build help
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:22:27 pm »
+6
WM

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:49:23 pm »
+1
I wouldn't get any ath, but I see it's too late already. And maybe you just want to play siege too.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 12:53:33 pm »
+1
go with WM. 3 WM is kinda low and the extra wpf points will give you the needed spam bonus :)
Bros never die!

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 12:56:36 pm »
WM

yep, that was my first thought aswell.

I wouldn't get any ath, but I see it's too late already. And maybe you just want to play siege too.

If theres anything I hate it is a cav build without Melee capabilitys.. and yes I do want to play siege aswell, though I ride my horse on the walls. :P

go with WM. 3 WM is kinda low and the extra wpf points will give you the needed spam bonus :)

yh, I made my choice, thanks for the input guys just wanted to be sure!
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »
I play 18/21 with 0 Athletics on level 32 as 1h cav and I can fight dismounted just fine. Ok, your footwork and turning is really slow, but with good hold attacks (mostly overheads) and some fast left-spam you will win any 1vs.1 or 1vs.2 without any problems, even without athletics.

my 1h cav does have 0 ath, its just that I like to be ninja on this one aswell, it's OK w/o ath but I just like it more this way for this char.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »
+1
Characters without athletics are really unplayable, in my opinion. When you have tons of strength and ironflesh and use +3 plate armor, it might be okay to simply tank the hits, but otherwise, athletics gives you evasion that is much more important than additional damage from wpf, protection from a shield or a tiny bit of extra hp due to ironflesh. It was a good decision to go for athletics, and even as cav player better to prioritize it over WM for example.

If others tell you to respec and go for a build without athletics, don't listen to them :D It is unrealistic to assume that your horse will survive every round, and you cannot even spawn a horse on every map and use it well. Also, when your horse is dead and another one is close, athletics can help you to run from close enemies and mount it. Melee footwork to maximize your speed bonus and minimize the enemy's speed bonus is super crucial, too.

I fully support your priority setting.

And as Macropus said, go for WM next.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 04:54:51 pm »
Characters without athletics are really unplayable, in my opinion. When you have tons of strength and ironflesh and use +3 plate armor, it might be okay to simply tank the hits, but otherwise, athletics gives you evasion that is much more important than additional damage from wpf, protection from a shield or a tiny bit of extra hp due to ironflesh. It was a good decision to go for athletics, and even as cav player better to prioritize it over WM for example.

If others tell you to respec and go for a build without athletics, don't listen to them :D It is unrealistic to assume that your horse will survive every round, and you cannot even spawn a horse on every map and use it well. Also, when your horse is dead and another one is close, athletics can help you to run from close enemies and mount it. Melee footwork to maximize your speed bonus and minimize the enemy's speed bonus is super crucial, too.

I fully support your priority setting.

And as Macropus said, go for WM next.

Indeed, having no ATH really punishes me more then the higher stats in other skills benefit me. Though with the amount of alts I got its not so bad having one char solely for horseback warfare. No ath can work OK when you are ganking with teammates but when you find yourself outnumbered it will be your death.

WM it is!

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Batuhan_of

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Violence
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Northumbria
  • Game nicks: chocolate_Kebab_Vio
  • IRC nick: Violence