Author Topic: [NANONOKO] Fastest player in the world [POKER]  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [NANONOKO] Fastest player in the world [POKER]
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 12:55:07 am »
Not half as impressive as playing/winning 20 simultaneous chess games blind. Honestly if I would play poker on 24 tables for a few hours a day, I wouldn't see the big difference with doing an assembly line job. It's quite a boring and shallow game.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 08:27:57 am »
+1
It's quite a boring and shallow game.

What.

Okay it's only online poker but still. He's playing on high stakes, most of the players are not absolute idiots at that stage. Every table is different and unlike for example chess, you can't have a perfect overview of the situation just by looking at the table. I can hardly think of something less similar to an assembly line job.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 09:58:00 am »
Not half as impressive as playing/winning 20 simultaneous chess games blind. Honestly if I would play poker on 24 tables for a few hours a day, I wouldn't see the big difference with doing an assembly line job. It's quite a boring and shallow game.
well he is a "supernova elite" on pokerstars. so you get a shit load of benefits, you are pretty much the shit when you get that, and with it comes a shit load of money, he can play anytime he wants, he doesn't have a boss, he doesn't have a limit of hours, he can decide to play whenever he wants for however long and has the opportunity to win big anytime.

not many assembly line jobs get you a custom built house just for you at his age..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 10:52:37 am »
Obviously the circumstances and pay off are much better, but I mean that the action itself could get very tedious. It all depends on to what extent he is able to actually play the full reach of poker on 24 tables, whether he is analyzing 160 opponents at the same time or not. Which would make him a serious wizard, but I can imagine he doesn't have to. The thing about playing 24 tables is that he doesn't need to win big on any single one of them, he just needs to get a good average and win big through the sheer amount of hands he plays. I could imagine he is playing 24 tables very safely, probably estimating his own win chances correctly everytime due to sheer experience and game knowledge, but without concerning himself too much with the long term patterns of other players. In which case poker becomes a fairly boring game at least I'd think so, after a time it just becomes folding or calling systematically.