Poll

Should archers have a pin point accuracy?

Yes
26 (28%)
No
63 (67.7%)
other opinion, post it below
4 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Pin-point accuracy with tatar and nomad bows.  (Read 3339 times)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
Pin-point accuracy with tatar and nomad bows.
« on: April 25, 2014, 09:42:44 am »
+26
All I want to say is:

Nomad and tatar bow are too accurate, ranged shouldn't have a pin-point accuracy.

Even modern sniper rifles have some deviations in "where i aim-where i hit", so why archers in c-rpg should have that? X-bows already have capped accuracy (asaik) and IMO it should be done same to those two bows i mentioned (i were using all bows amd onl whith those 2 i had pin-point accuracy)

Rest of bows are fine IMO (for ppl who don't know i have 198 WPF in archery) pin-point accuracy is only for nomad and tatar bows.

I also wouldn't mind if accuracy for all bows will be lowered a tiny bit, but devs probably won't do anything with that.

This is not a rage topic, i would like to see at least a shadow of realism while using bows by removing problem i mentioned.
Archer forever :D

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
Re: Pin-point accuracy with tatar and nomad bows.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:14:27 am »
IMO they should lower accuracy and raise damage on all bows..

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:18:24 am »
+1
Rising dmg is no needed. Have you ever been on strat siege or battle against drz?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 10:37:34 am »
+1
I would prefer ranged where accurate as that encourages rewarding player skill. BUT if we have accurate ranged the actual ranged mechanics need a lot more depth. The projectiles should be slower so that you need to lead a target more, or account for projectile dip more. The weapon should not be steady in the hand like you're firing from a fixed turret. The shallow nature of the shooting mechanics kind of preclude rewarding player skill with really accurate shots imo.

Its a shame because RNG is not really fun for anyone, but its necessary based on how the current ranged mechanics work.

Not saying ranged isn't accurate now, but it shouldn't be until there is more depth in the way that you shoot
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:30 am »
IMO highest missile speed should be one that Rus bow have, it's strongest compound bow in game.

I like missile speed that long bow have atm.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 11:24:09 am »
+2
I'm glad, very glad you are talking about that problem Steevee. Get a +3 nomad and a heavy armor, enjoy le pin point accuracy with huge missile speed, and the fact you can actually spam archers/crossbowmen or even stun people with 6 PD (damage bonus). Really a fucking plague. The accuracy should be capped like on crossbows.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 11:34:44 am »
+1
i had to make topik like this one, because 2h heroes can make only rage topics about our OP class ;D

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 11:42:50 am »
This is not a rage topic, i would like to see at least a shadow of realism while using bows by removing problem i mentioned.

Would also be nice if there was a small, random round/map based wind factor... so that for long shots one would have to take it into account. Shouldn't be impossible to place a small wind direction arrow on the corner next to nudge thingie? :)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:43 am »
Would also be nice if there was a small, random round/map based wind factor... so that for long shots one would have to take it into account. Shouldn't be impossible to place a small wind direction arrow on the corner next to nudge thingie? :)

Impossible to do in cRPG I believe, sadly. The warband engine never is probably not able to create new parameters in a simple way, don't know if Sebastian, the guy doing BoE (battle of Europe) managed to do it. But wind in cRPG would be a real change for archery.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »
+3
Love the archer who want some challenge

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 12:51:30 pm »
Making melee hits randomly miss would not increase the depth or skill of melee. Same thing with ranged. Maybe it would be more challenging..but is that the type of challenge you want in a game like this? Without depth in the first place what can you do though
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 01:34:12 pm »
Archer QQing about archery, now I've seen it all. Mod truly dead.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 01:37:43 pm »
Making melee hits randomly miss would not increase the depth or skill of melee. Same thing with ranged. Maybe it would be more challenging..but is that the type of challenge you want in a game like this? Without depth in the first place what can you do though

Yes because the current mechanics encourage unrealistic style of gameplay for all ranged (not only archers). Going for headshots shouldn't be worth it as it seems arcadish. Imo the headshot bonus damage should be nerfed in all classes, especially ranged. "No one likes to get onehit".

I respect people that consistently hit the head with bows, but the same people can do it with a rusbow and longbow as well. Those seem to be fine and I have no idea how to use those. Currently Tatar and Nomad are total noobproof semiautomatic sniper-rifles that anyone can use and even Horn bow is way too accurate and gives decent damage as well. Last time I played a pure archer, I had the option to choose between a long bow (11k) or a nomad bow (1.3k) and I did better with the latter. It's because I suck at manual aiming and Nomad doesn't require any skill whatsoever.

Encouraging people to use the higher tier - more skill based - ranged weapons would prolly help to alleviate the huge problem we've had on EU1 again in the last few days where melee just quits because of the unimaginable ranged spam.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 01:43:12 pm »
If you want to nerf archery, then lower missile speed or lower damage, but leave the accuracy as it is.

It is just annoying how everyone wants archery to be a gambling. Archers with wide cross-hairs can try to be as good as they want, if they perform well, it involves luck, not just skill. Pin-point accuracy or nearly pin-point accuracy is the only way for me to play archery, no matter how weak my bow is.

Also, less accuracy = more teamhits.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 01:45:22 pm »
+1
Archers should have a pin-point accuracy only if they have :

- fully invested in archery
- accurate bows in hand

And I think the actual game is just that: you have no 100% accuracy if you have high PD, low-average WPF or a strong and innacurate bow.