Poll

Who thinks we should have a bank as part of the market system?

Buy any MW item for 1 million gold, sell any MW item for 750K, x2 for 500K, x1 for 250K and basically help establish a going market rate
9 (29%)
No, I am Professor Chaos and everyone shall spend millions on my heirloomed stones, MUAHHAHAHAA.
22 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 23, 2011, 09:03:21 pm

Author Topic: Sell/Trade  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Sell/Trade
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:52:59 pm »
I have several items for trade or sale (i will state if can be sold for gold or not, so don't ask me):

x3 Crossbow  (item exchange)

I am looking for:

x3 Bec de Corbin
x2/x3 heavy lance
x3 Great Long Axe
x3 Miaodao
x3 Longbow
x3 Longsword
x3 body or hand armor
x2/x3 hounskull bascinet
x2/x3 khergit guard boots
x3 bastard sword
x3 heavy bastard sword
x3 military/steel pick
x3 broad 1handed axe

I know I am asking for a limited range of equipment, but both the xbow and langes messer I can use a lot and are VERY useful 1 slot items.  Please post not pm if you have 1 of these items for exchange or want to make a reasonable gold offer on the hafted blade.  i will then pm you back if interested.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:06:53 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
Re: Sell/Trade
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:09:26 pm »
Added poll, please vote on if you think chadz should offer a sort of market rate for heirlooms (through his own store/bank) so people can more fairly deal.  it would be much higher than current rates, but would offer a max ceiling support, like 1 million gold for any MW item, 750K for any x2 item and 500K for any x1 item and then for selling to said bank 750K for any x3 item, 500K for any x2 item and 250K for any x1 item.  Would facilitate more active trading as people would lsoe the fantasies about what they think their heirloome is worth and keep trading within a reasonable range for most people.

Offline Mushy

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • For the Tea!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MUSCHI
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »
PM Sent.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:14:36 pm by Mushy »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 09:16:24 pm »
this would also help to keep the market price of for example a MW item the same. and not that you just bought a MW item last night and the next morning you find out all of those now have a price 50 under the price you bought.

+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Punisher

• Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:00:06 pm »
Added poll, please vote on if you think chadz should offer a sort of market rate for heirlooms (through his own store/bank) so people can more fairly deal.  it would be much higher than current rates, but would offer a max ceiling support, like 1 million gold for any MW item, 750K for any x2 item and 500K for any x1 item and then for selling to said bank 750K for any x3 item, 500K for any x2 item and 250K for any x1 item.  Would facilitate more active trading as people would lsoe the fantasies about what they think their heirloome is worth and keep trading within a reasonable range for most people.

The inflation and variable prices is part of the fun of trading in my opinion. Hunting the market for deals, barganing, buying out all items of 1 kind and sitting on them for a while to increase demand and so on is the exciting part. If all items are sold for standard prices, where is the fun in that?

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:01:36 pm »
The inflation and variable prices is part of the fun of trading in my opinion. Hunting the market for deals, barganing, buying out all items of 1 kind and sitting on them for a while to increase demand and so on is the exciting part. If all items are sold for standard prices, where is the fun in that?

+1

btw, what is the price for your LHB? (gold)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 10:06:39 pm »
+1

btw, what is the price for your LHB? (gold)

Was 350K, but i just sold it to a clanmate, will update.  I am down to a masterwork xbow for trade, if it doesn't trade, shrug, I like it, itsa  good weapon and heirloom.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 10:15:20 pm »
Market system idea is bad, the entire thing should be run by players, the entire point of a market is to have something that is completely player based so that there is no "minimum" sell and buy rate, this would also push the amount of money to astronomical figures and people would never be able to obtain these items successfully. Mass money horders such as you and myself would corner the market and, well, a monopoly would quickly emerge leaving small partners out.

No, I am all for a near-perfect market situation where no one is able to launch a monopoly due to being able to pay more than the computer and thus hording all items.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
Market system idea is bad, the entire thing should be run by players, the entire point of a market is to have something that is completely player based so that there is no "minimum" sell and buy rate, this would also push the amount of money to astronomical figures and people would never be able to obtain these items successfully. Mass money horders such as you and myself would corner the market and, well, a monopoly would quickly emerge leaving small partners out.

No, I am all for a near-perfect market situation where no one is able to launch a monopoly due to being able to pay more than the computer and thus hording all items.

But thats kind of the point, the monopoly would disappear as it would come down to money.  AND it would be the best way of pushing people toward suing lighter equipment  (right now many still run around in high end mail/light plate with most expensive sword/polearms/bows/etc.),  Combination of upkeep and being able to buy very expensive heirlooms (in addition to retirement system) would produce the original intent of the upkeep system, people would actually moderate their equipment.

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:04 pm »
1m gold is an equalivment of leeching this game for 185 hours
(playing completely naked, no repairs and counting you have x2, 50% of the time on average)

Who's gonna afford that?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:13 pm »
1m gold is an equalivment of leeching this game for 185 hours
(playing completely naked, no repairs and counting you have x2, 50% of the time on average)

Who's gonna afford that?

Thats for the x3 item.  You would be able to afford a x2 item before that and retire once to get a amsterworked item.  Much more reasoanble than current system of waiting 3 retirements worth of time to get amsterworked item if you can't find what youa re looking for in the market.  And if you happen to want an item that is popular or running cheaper in the market its a way tos ave some money.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 10:40:50 pm »
i'd love to have some market where you can buy stuff for shitloads of money, but where you cant sell it (like; i would be able to buy lordly mail mittens and kuyak!)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 10:43:50 pm »
But thats kind of the point, the monopoly would disappear as it would come down to money.  AND it would be the best way of pushing people toward suing lighter equipment  (right now many still run around in high end mail/light plate with most expensive sword/polearms/bows/etc.),  Combination of upkeep and being able to buy very expensive heirlooms (in addition to retirement system) would produce the original intent of the upkeep system, people would actually moderate their equipment.

Well no, you would do extremely well in a market like that, with the amount of money you have I have no doubt that you'll be able to pay above the "computer store". (I'm using you as an example because I know you have the money)

With that happening people would rather buy and sell to that than trade and put the effort in to get a lower deal because you wouldn't be able to trade any lower than the prices set by that. That's my problem, when there is no opportunity to actually do business, you just say "i'll give you more money for this that the shop, deal?" and you've got the items.

I can understand where you're coming from with the idea, but it would just kill off people selling heirlooms between themselves for different prices and would stop proper trade.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:00 pm »
There is actually a thread discussing these thing better under general discussion.  And I just did my last trade in the market.  So have fun trading, i will be locking this thread.  Peace out.