Author Topic: Long Hafted Spiked Mace  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Long Hafted Spiked Mace
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:36:19 pm »
+5
One of the coolest weapons in the game. I haven't used polearms for a long time but I decided to check out some of my old favourites and this weapon looks like shit now. It does have  knockdown and 138 length but as we all know this is polearm length and it's also a polearm that is meant to be swung, the thrust sucks. It has just 92 speed and it also suffers the unbalanced trait and just to note, it doesn't crush through either. It only has a weight of 3.

BUFF THIS WEAPON!! I wanna see this back on the battlefield as a viable choice. The bar mace beats it in every field barring length, which it doesn't actually beat it by much when we consider the 2h animation swing range bonus, and the polearms range loss on all attacks barring the thrust. Bar mace gets 1.5 more weight than the LHSM which is a pretty substantial amount when knockdowns enter the calculations, the Bar mace also has 3 more damage ( again adding to the knockdown % ) and 1 more speed. Do something with this weapon to make it balanced, even if it costs more, it's cool as fuck, making it heavier, more damaging or one of either would make the most sense to make it fair when comparing with the bar mace. But just do something, plz, just plz.

Would love to use this again one day without feeling gimped, SO FOR THE LHSM, BUFF BUFF BUFF.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:47:16 am by Kalam »

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
Re: Long Hafted Spiked Mace
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:41:39 pm »
+11
It's actually a pretty good wepon as is in my opinion.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 05:43:55 pm »
+1
Pretty good without buff, just not mainstream enough to be adopted en masse, which is doubly good.

Maybe +0.5 weight but not more, the thrust sucks ok but almost all knockdown weapons doesnt have thrust so its a pretty gifted weapon, like the long iron mace.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:47:06 pm »
+1
Well my point is Butan is that the thrust is the only polearm swing that gets a range bonus, seeing as this weapon has a sucky thrust ( because its blunt ), it actually loses a lot of range on all of its viable swings, meaning the 138 length is not as big of an advantage as it would first seem. BUFF BUFF BUFF, MOAR WEIGHT, MOAR DAMAGE, COMPARE TO BAR MACE AND SEE HOW UP IT IS. BUFF

It's actually a pretty good wepon as is in my opinion.

Yeah well you can take your opinion and get out of my thread before I come to your house and kick your bollocks in you little gobshite.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:51:01 pm »
+2
I think ''Unbalanced'' nerf killed this weapon.

Offline Armycook_of_KSantiago

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • No mercy! No retreat! No remorse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 11:55:05 am »
Actually, unbalanced meant that the swing speed of this weapon is actually faster, but the starting of attacks are slower
just compare it with another balanced polearm that has 92 speed, you will found the LHSM to be faster than it
just hold more, and remember the new left and up swing buff for polearm does this weapon a lot of good.
Dinner is served!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 12:59:21 pm »
Just make a few duels with Zhidovt when he's using this weapon (or even with me) on EU3, I think you'll realize how good this weapon is even without a buff.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 01:08:36 pm »
+2
Regardless of how good some people are with it, its completely out of balance when comparing to the only slightly more expensive bar mace, BUFF BUFF BUFF.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 03:59:48 pm »
Its a spammable knockdown long reach blunt, with low stress requirement. What else do you need
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »
Edit: Nvm, read that wrong.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:39:22 pm by Rhekimos »

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 05:33:35 pm »
Its a spammable knockdown long reach blunt, with low stress requirement. What else do you need

Spammable with a long reach? 2h swords have better reach and better speed, if you can spam someone with this weapon they just suck. And I don't need anything, this weapon on the other hand needs a BUFF BUFF BUFF.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 05:35:45 pm »
I'm a big fan of this weapon, having used it a lot, and I also own a +3 LHSM. It's not as weak as you suggest, but maybe a bit more weight (0.5 or so) would make it more balanced with the bar mace
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 05:43:39 pm »
+2
The real question... is any polearm truly balanced with its 2h counterpart?  :lol:

But seriously, this is a great wep. Just because it is not mainstream (read: arguably OP) doesn't mean it can't do work on the battlefield. Despite it being unbalanced, it is one of my favorite support weapons. The reach and knockdown ability really helps out your teammates in a gank. Once used this alongside an ally using a warhammer against maybe 4-5 enemies... barely 2 were on their feet at any given time.  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:36 pm »
+1
I'm a big fan of this weapon, having used it a lot, and I also own a +3 LHSM. It's not as weak as you suggest, but maybe a bit more weight (0.5 or so) would make it more balanced with the bar mace

Not saying it's weak, saying it is unbalanced compared to other weapons, especially bar mace. I used to own a +3 LHSM myself and used it all the time, even back then it was unloved compared to other weapons, not weak, just overlooked and rarely balanced.

There are 1h blunt weapons that aren't far behind on chance to knockdown where % is concerned, which is why one of my suggested buffs was to raise the weight, a weapon like this should have a much better chance to knockdown than a little 1h blunt weapon.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 07:23:23 pm »
The real question... is any polearm truly balanced with its 2h counterpart?  :lol:

Well, they shouldn't be imo. The range of 2H weapon types is small compared to the one of polearms and that's what balances it.
2H doesn't have any spears or pikes.

I own a +3 LHSM by the way and I'm polearm myself.