Author Topic: Peroidic auctions  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Peroidic auctions
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:51:09 pm »
+4
At the moment we have some periodic auctions. Such include "training lessons", "Heirloom exchange", "Exclusive Banner", "Blacksmith services" etc. You get what I'm talking about.

Why are they auctions after all? Why can't they be bought off from a shop for some "hefty" prices?

(click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but we can discuss.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Peroidic auctions
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:57:51 pm »
+1
Because then the prices wouldn't depend on the amount of prople that want it. Selling as normal trade means only one provider, so the prices won't change being very high when only one person wants to buy it and very low when all horse archers want to respec hopefully bext patch :3

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 05:16:00 pm »
+2
Considering you need to sell like 6 loompoints to get 2.5 million gold, that is still only 50 million worth of xp if you had been retiring. Don't know what level character you are trying to respec but if you are level 35 you are talking about saving 100 million xp compared to a normal respec, stop being a cheapskate and get more money. Its purpose is being a gold sink after all, auctions makes sure the sink adapts to the amount of gold available because people are going to be willing to spend more, which is good. Also, you'd think people got their respecs with the wpf rework.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:16:21 pm »
The problem is not really the price. Only one person can use it per a week.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:28:00 am »
+4
Would like to play other build? U wish... here is cRPG. Money-sink n1 priority, fun is 4 pussies. Things wouldn't be precious if anyone could afford them.

I am big enemy of what we have now and support whatever idea you have that could change what we currently witness here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 02:07:54 pm »
+21
It would be briliant if you can change attributes/skills anytime for specific, but quite high amount of gold.
For example, decreasing 1 attribute or skill point would cost 100k gold. Decreasing 1 weapon proficiency point would cost 10k.

So let's say you want to change 21/24 build:
(click to show/hide)
To 24/21 one:
(click to show/hide)
Firstly, you will have to decrease AGI by 3 attribute points, which will cost 300k. Then Weapon Master/Athetics/Two Handed weapon proficiency points will turn red (you can't have 8 WM/ATH and 184 2h WPP with 21 AGI), so you will have to take off 1 WM and 1 ATH point, which will cost additional 200k. Then you need to decrease Two Handed WPP from 184 to 170, which will cost 140k gold (14 WPP points x 10k gold = 140k gold). Then confirm button appears and you can make whole change for 640k gold - if you need just slight build adjustment, it's fair price imo.

Buying training lessons for 2+ mln just to change your build by 3 attribute points makes no sense atm, so it would be cool to have this kind of alternative.
This quick build change feature will be expensive enough to keep training lessons popular for full respec, just like they are now. This will also solve the problem of putting wrong attribute or skill point to your build - for the price of 100k you will be able to fix the build again (right now you have to stick with broken build).

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:26:57 am »
Angellore post +1
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 12:03:02 am »
Yeah, good suggestion by Angellore.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 09:57:04 pm »
bump
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 10:17:24 pm »
Despite I hate being back slashed by Angellore, I think devs should reflect about what he said. I hate to see those rich trolls having respecs after scamming or whatever they do to get their money, and I would love to see a less punishing way to respec a character level 34/35.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 06:53:35 pm »
bump

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 07:12:39 pm »
+4
People underestimate how long it takes to make your own money without using the marketplace. It takes a good day in light armor to make 10k-30k if you play an hour or 2. 1 person paying a few mil every week ain't gonna do shit to be frank. It'll only make those who lost the auction annoyed for a week.

I think being able to respec at will with a base price of 200k (to avoid cheating the system) and another variable based on how much your build deviates with an extra cost for leaving points unallocated would work wonderfully.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 12:10:59 am »
+2
In my opinion, it would be great if they had a respec feature where you paid per skill/attribute point removed. Instead of adding a point to each stat or skill, you remove it. Then, you simply do whatever you want with it... convert an attribute to 2 skill, or vice versa, or simply reassign them to a different skill or attribute. For example with my build I currently have some shield skill, but at a super high level I would ideally wish to convert that and a couple points of ironflesh into more attribute points, and thus more athletics or WM. I would have to remove a total of 5-6 skill points, I believe. If it cost maybe 100k per skill and 200k per attribute point you wish to reassign, respeccing would actually be feasible for minor build tweaks. However, if you want to go from being a level 36 cav to a level 36 foot-based archer, well... that might be a bit more costly, as it rightfully should, in my opinion. Converting my 4 shield and 2 ironflesh into more agility, and thus athletics and/or WM is a relatively minor tweak, and would cost 6-700k, which is pretty reasonable, I would argue. This method would also really help anyone who has ever fucked up a build by clicking + in the wrong skill or attribute. I just recently ruined my planned 21-15 build by not really paying attention and hitting + in front of the agility when I already had 15. I realized my mistake within the hour, and really could have used either an undo button or a mini 1-point respec... now I'm just gonna stick with this build until I retire, since respeccing isn't really worth it at level 30.

To those of you saying that 6-700k isn't expensive enough to be a good gold sink, you should take a course in economics sometime. It is all about supply and demand. Currently, since demand is so high, and yet the supply is very small, it sells for a large amount once per week, which makes sense. However, if the quantity were increased, the price would then be lowered automatically. You might think that the lowering of the price is a bad thing, yet it is quite the opposite. Lower price allows for more buyers who were turned off before from the absurdly large pricetag. If  you have 1 person losing 3.5 million per week, then the economy loses 3.5 million per week. But what if this was changed so that there are 15 people losing 400k per week? This would result in a loss of 6 million per week, nearly double what was being lost before. As I said before my relatively minor respec would cost me 600k at least, so odds are most people would be spending over 400k when respeccing. Now you might say that this might look good on paper, but it will only hold up for the short term, since once everyone gets the respec they want they will stop respeccing and then there is no gold sink left. Once more, not true.

With the reduced price people will respec more often as they wish to tweak their build to keep the game from getting stale. Currently if someone dislikes their high level build and they don't have nearly 4 million gold lying around, they can either respec and lose half of all their hard work, or they can retire, and be stuck as a weak peasant for a long while. Instead with the "pay what you want" styled respecs, people buy them much more often, and continually be able to tweak their build. Not only does this make for a larger gold sink, but it also keeps the game from getting stale for many players, and therefore helps keep the community alive. It's a win-win in my book. Honestly don't see why any of you would be opposed unless you have the "I had to pay 3.5 million so you should to" attitude, in which case grow up.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:25:00 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 04:43:31 pm »
bump

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 11:10:02 am »
bump