Author Topic: hello again, its just me  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Re: hello again, its just me
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 07:21:16 am »
It's not my decision, but I do agree that Mike deserves a second (20th) chance here.  Obviously with a very tight parole, but another chance regardless.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 05:44:34 pm »
Here is the deal with Mike (aka Philosiraptor):

He will get in good with the people in charge and use that connection to run amok. He is convincing (he is a nice guy, after all) when he makes a plea to be unbanned. He will convince the folks in charge of either his innocence, or of his will to change. It has happened before. He's got over a dozen bans on NA official, and that's not even where it started. On the old Nditions teamspeak server (when I was given server admin there the owner said "on the condition that you don't ban Mike"), on the old Community/ATS servers, he always found a way to make an appeal. He always got people to repeal his bans, saying he was a changed man.

Well, he's never changed. Obviously everyone changes a little over the years, but never has he exemplified a care towards the rules on cRPG. There's always a callow justification for why he might break a rule in a way that it 'shouldn't count'. Words like "mindless fun" and "petty crime" are dismissive of the entire reason he (or anyone else) gets banned.

I'd like to point out the gravity of the "month ban" referred to in the original thread's post. Mike made a bargain with an admin to remove a ban of his early on the condition that he 'could be banned for a month' if he broke any rules afterwards. He broke some rules and got banned as per the conditions of the agreement. He couldn't honor a bargain he came up with (though he said "This ban is unwarranted and horse shit", I expect his being dismissive doesn't have much bearing on the actual rules which were broken), and he obviously hadn't learned any lesson up until that point.

What makes it seem like he's learned his lesson now? Being dismissive of the rules because of his own personal interpretation of what shouldn't count, what is too minor to warrant action? Begging for leniency because of personal reasons (or possibly an attempt at sympathy, as per the "too poor for a new CD key" thing which obviously is not a consideration looking through this thread)? Sarcastically deriding
the admins for doing what they're supposed to? What essay topic could possibly cover something that would be believable at this point?

Mike, I personally muted you on teamspeak because I didn't want to listen to the repetitious pleas of innocence and attempts to weasel your way out of yet another ban. I didn't want to hear the propagandizing and the rabble-rousing, getting people on your side because of a slanted view on what happened and without consideration for anything else. I like you, Mike, and that's why I didn't want to hear it anymore. But I also wanted to do my duty here and I have to be impartial to do it.

"I am a  harmless and innocent offender"
-Philosiraptor 2013

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 06:22:26 pm »
So in other words, free mike 2013?   :shock:

Not a fan of people who can't follow the rules after being given dozens of tries.   Then again, I'm not against giving someone another chance, even if it's the 20th time and see if he can play nice again (since server populations are diminishing). 

Warband was $5 last week, it will likely be again in the next month.   Get a job. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »
I think he should get one more chance, just one, then bam, uber ban out the ass.

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 07:28:25 pm »
I just got kesh'd! This is hilarious. You just proved that this is a personal thing bringing in a history of shit. Do you even understand why I had immunity on Nditions? A teamspeak server having nothing to do with my ban record which you decide to bring into this fight? What if i payed for the server for a month or 2? What if i was helping bulldog through a tough time in his life? What if i was the official DJ for those crazy europeans and they didnt want to be bothered unbanning me because of minor bullshit. The thing is people like me, i think that gets to you greatly.  EVERYONE knows that the ban you gave me was horse shit, you even know it. Your friends all agree. Everyone on our teamspeak knows the situation including you. Everyone believes that you made this personal and dthat the ban was stupid. Papasmurf was saying how he sees chaos doing shit like that all the time. but they are the infallible clan with the headmaster running it. A clan full of admins at one point im not sure if its still like that. But even still. i wish i was smart enough to come up with a long winded and embarrassing response to what you wrote but im just going to write what i feel

And dont you fucking bring in me being too poor, that is a personal thing that i told to fucking people i trusted. I am offended but i feel that now you have put me in a position to defend my poverty, who do you think you are?

Edit: i dont need to defend myself, tanken is right lol
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:02:23 am by Philosiraptor »

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:44 pm »
to be fair you were a terrible DJ :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »
UNBAN THIS MAN!
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 08:41:45 pm »
I just got kesh'd! This is hilarious. You just proved that this is a personal thing bringing in a history of shit. Do you even understand why I had immunity on Nditions? A teamspeak server having nothing to do with my ban record which you decide to bring into this fight? What if i payed for the server for a month or 2? What if i was helping bulldog through a tough time in his life? What if i was the official DJ for those crazy europeans and they didnt want to be bothered unbanning me because of minor bullshit. The thing is people like me, i think that gets to you greatly.

I do have personal experience with you, yes. That's why I muted you on teamspeak, to keep from being biased about it. I also have professional experience with you, as do a large number of the other admins who've punished you for breaking the rules. It may sound like a load of crap, but I have a positive opinion of you in general, in spite of the trolling.

EVERYONE knows that the ban you gave me was horse shit, you even know it. Your friends all agree. Everyone on our teamspeak knows the situation including you. Everyone believes that you made this personal and dthat the ban was stupid.

I was unaware that what some people ("everyone") believed was what determines the truth of the matter. You hit some guy at spawn, that is against the rules, there is no other way to slant that. You got a permanent ban because you never seemed to heed the rules before and broke the rules too many times already. The ban only seems stupid because the crime was stupid.

And dont you fucking bring in me being too poor, that is a personal thing that i told to fucking people i trusted. I am offended but i feel that now you have put me in a position to defend my poverty, who do you think you are?
see:
Too poor to buy a new cd key.

you want to know my justification for being poor? In may my house got foreclosed because of medical injuries my father couldnt work, but he isnt eligible for disabilities. So they couldnt pay the bills. Fuck you canary, i AM too poor, every paycheck i had went to my parents so that i could help them get outa fucking debt you piece of shit. You know what just happened to me? I was in a god damn train accident, i almost fucking died ...

I don't want to know, that was my point, before. You're trying to harp on peoples' sympathies and I'm not going to fall for it.

and really all i want to do is play the fucking game, before you went so ungodly far out of your way to ban me there wasnt a complaint, because i havent been trying to get banned.

You should have thought about what you were doing more carefully. Turning around at spawn to deal with a rulebreaker may be going out of my way, but that's why I'm an admin. That is what we're here to do. It had nothing to do with who you were except that I knew who you were already and knew you had at least a dozen bans previously.

I haven't explicitly ruled out the possibility of an unban essay, but at this point it seems like you'd rather just try to troll me and get a bunch of people to agree with you about how horrible I am.

Offline Pappy

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Papasmurf_FIDLGB
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 09:18:45 pm »
For the record, I dont think your horrible Canary. I actually like you, but I do disagree just on this one topic.  I know being admin is a shit job, and being the guy who has to pull the trigger and say when enough is enough is a hard area to judge, and I do agree Mike has an excessive ban history and should've been more on point with walking the line, but you gotta look at the crime and not the history. People do change, and everyone deserves a chance at redemption especially if the sum of all the parts is gathered from the smallest of pieces. This is the most ban happy game I have ever seen, with threads posted daily if not twice daily about somebody because people are vindictive and like to hurt those they perceive wrong them. I did say that I have seen chaos do the same thing, and I dont deny it. I see people from every clan doing minor rule breaking, TWs, kicks while reloading, shield nudges whiles running on a ledge or bridge, horse bumps, bro coding etc.. while against the rules, the behavior is so rampant and pervasive it would leave the servers emptier then they already are to ban every guilty party and may attribute to the current emptiness. Unless its hugely disruptive to the fight I just write it off as the equivalent to getting pumped up, and psyched for battle. While Mike was on thin ice, and is an idiot for doing it, its Christmas.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:32 pm »
Just saying, dont know mike at all, but this is the only community I've been in that doesn't insta perm ban after 2 or 3 bans. If he has fucked up 20 times then he should just get a new CD key if he really still wants to play.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline defodijabox

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 19
  • Ball so hard that shit crazy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta
  • Game nicks: Malta_Defodijabox_AKC, Some_Weirdo
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 11:10:14 pm »
Just saying, dont know mike at all, but this is the only community I've been in that doesn't insta perm ban after 2 or 3 bans. If he has fucked up 20 times then he should just get a new CD key if he really still wants to play.

My thoughts exactly. And again I don't really know him at all but the amount of rage he responded to canary with makes me wonder if he really has changed/learned his lesson at all. If you're going to rage that hard at someone pointing out that you might not deserve an unban after 20 bans, who's to say you won't rage like that ingame. And if you really did want to get unbanned raging isn't the best way to do it, maybe pointing out that you actually have changed and refuting what Canary says about you in a polite manner that shows your maturity would be the best way to go.
No sense in nonsense when the heat is hot

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:48 pm »
To clear up some misinformation, he does not actually have 20 bans on his record. No one has that many. Roughly 10-11 bans have been issued to Mike.

EDIT: On NA official that is.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:01:25 am by Phantasmal »
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 12:37:21 am »
I've never met Mike before, unless he goes by an actual gamer name in world other than Mike. I was entirely on his side until he posted in response to Canary's message. Hearing his kiddish crybaby reaction to Canary's post and willingness to cuss and accuse instead of using common sense as to why Canary mentioned him being poor..

Keep him banned.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Philosiraptor

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Scrubnerdbasementlord
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company MurderBoner GoD
  • Game nicks: Philosiraptor_PxC; Thousands of alts..Just call me mike :D
  • IRC nick: Philo
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 01:09:31 am »
listen, all i want to do is write my essay so that i can be considered for an unban. I know that im not likely to get that, or even for my essay to work, but im trying here. I just want this to be over with, its very tiresome trying to deal with all this.

Anders you have a fucking ban thread every day it seems, you lead a sad life my friend. Ban threads are the cancer that kill this mod.

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 03:57:25 am »
To be quite honest, I don't think that's he should eligible at this point.  It's quite close to a child realizing that he has to face the consequences and if he says sorry, maybe, just maybe they'll give him his game cube bac- I mean account.  If anything you should just make him wait a little while longer until he actually realizes his mistakes.