Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485331 times)

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3345 on: May 02, 2014, 08:45:35 am »
At first they legislate retarded law about Russian language, then failed ATO, now conscription(like they are really preparing to fight with Russia) . What's next? Doubling taxes? Janukovich looks better & better every new day compared to new dudes. I'll hope that Poroshenko will bring some sense to the government.

Btw, I should have been conscripted to Glorious Russian Red Army about 2 years ago. Too bad they can't find me  8-)

great music:

Although, that would happen if Russia will escalate to direct conflict with NATO:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:00:30 am by Segd »

Offline Segd

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: May 02, 2014, 09:40:27 am »
Btw, UA military tried to assault Slovyansk today. Lost 3 helicopters *facepalm*

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3347 on: May 02, 2014, 09:47:10 am »

Fighting resumes in Sloviansk, Ukrainian pilot killed (LIVE UPDATES)

Ukraine pilot killed in Sloviansk military operation

Actually the report says that they bocked  Slaviansk entirely.

Now this seems like playing into Putin's plans, triggering an invasion, but..

I'd really like to see this neo-fascist Putin worshipping russia fall because of their arrogance.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:51:28 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3348 on: May 02, 2014, 09:53:36 am »
Recent reports say 4 helicopters down.

Guess the casualty list is gonna get higher during the day too.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Segd

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 02, 2014, 10:21:07 am »
+1
One of my favorite movies:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: May 02, 2014, 10:54:48 am »
+4
Its good to hear some sense 3 months after people were mocked and insulted in this thread whenever we said that extremists were in maidan AT ALL. Not even going to talk about how the new government was formed.

I believe that most all the decisions and speechs done since Eastern Ukraine protests began could have been done by the right sector leader himself, so does it really matter?
They speak of war but they are yet the only one sending soldiers in and mass recruiting against an invisible enemy: Russia.

Who was the one who ever said here that there were no extremists on maidan? I don't remember, but I remember a bunch of people saying that the WHOLE maidan thingy was made by nаzi and government is nаzi maidan-made. Also it's difficult not to insult a person like you because you refused to acknowledge the presence of external Russian military forces in Crimea even after even they confessed it. Same shit here again "invisible enemy Russia" and people who are "peaceful protesters" launching rockets to destroy helicopters. Yes, because Maidan ultra-nаzis used nuclear weapons against police  :rolleyes: I don't and I never considered hostile actions of protesters during Maidan as acceptable. But these separatists are just out of box. Robbing banks, stealing cars, blocking roads and etc. How are they different to terrorists? Once you take a gun - get ready to get shot.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #3351 on: May 02, 2014, 11:18:55 am »
Recent reports say 4 helicopters down.

Guess the casualty list is gonna get higher during the day too.
Must be Russian soldiers. No untrained civ can down a heli with an AK47.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: May 02, 2014, 01:39:00 pm »
Who was the one who ever said here that there were no extremists on maidan? I don't remember, but I remember a bunch of people saying that the WHOLE maidan thingy was made by nаzi and government is nаzi maidan-made. Also it's difficult not to insult a person like you because you refused to acknowledge the presence of external Russian military forces in Crimea even after even they confessed it. Same shit here again "invisible enemy Russia" and people who are "peaceful protesters" launching rockets to destroy helicopters. Yes, because Maidan ultra-nаzis used nuclear weapons against police  :rolleyes: I don't and I never considered hostile actions of protesters during Maidan as acceptable. But these separatists are just out of box. Robbing banks, stealing cars, blocking roads and etc. How are they different to terrorists? Once you take a gun - get ready to get shot.

And here I thought I was the worst analogist of this thread  :P

You wont find any messages of me saying 100% of Maidan is extremist. How can someone say that since at one point the protest was a perma 100k+ event? I dont think there is even 100k people in Ukraine who would be ready to take up arms to oust Yanukovitch even at that time.
It is already more debatable to say that nationalist and fascist did the heavy lifting and probably pushed their pawns in the newly made government, which is something I believe, and believe even more seeing all the decisions they have made since then : one-sided diplomacy, full force stupid use of the police/spec ops/army and populist speechs that even you Dave must not be very proud of.

All the rest of your argument "they have uniforms/guns/rpg so they are russians" is a proof you dont know whats an insurgency that goes bad.

Once you take a gun - get ready to get shot.

Totally agree.
And I would add, when you send tanks, prepare to get RPG-ed.

If Maidan had been repressed by the army, you can bet your shirt that, first, you would be crying your eyes for justice to decapitate whole government, and second, that the people would begin arming themselves more seriously too.
When a rebellion doesnt die, it tries to arm himself proportionally to the threat to its own existence/continuity (also proportionally to those who are ready to supply them under the table, see next reveleation...  :P )

Been a long time I've really stated my own opinion, so here I'm gonna drop a bomb on you : I also believe Russia is actively supporting the rebels in the east of Ukraine.

But. And thats a big but, I dont think that every masked gunmen is a russian operative nor do I believe the eastern protests started thanks to Russia. Thats the 2 big lies running around that makes me wanna go blind sometimes to not see that kind of posting, especially when it is said by people who said the exact opposite lie (maidan only made of good natured ukrainians :P) in the recent past.

They must have a few hundred agent provocateur running around (may have had lower/higher peak, closeness to the russian border help), setting up arm dealings with the local gung-ho and doing some priority targeting, but thats it.
Doing anything more and that would really start to show everywhere on the net. And no, the few vids showing organized groups of 20-30 people taking down a police station or two is nor proof enough that they are russian; nor that if they were, would mean they have invaded with whole army divisions.
When Putin will want to do that, he will just use his "ethnic russian protection" card; and frankly, looking at what the Ukrainian army is trying to do (utterly crushing the resistance) that would be a totally legit pretext. The only thing stopping Putin atm is the complete incompetence of the Ukrainian army: since they fail without any Russian army intervention, why reveal your cards? But if they start to have any form of success and permanently re-take control of any nerve point of the Eastern Ukraine, Russia will probably react.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 01:47:19 pm by Butan »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: May 02, 2014, 02:51:08 pm »

Been a long time I've really stated my own opinion, so here I'm gonna drop a bomb on you : I also believe Russia is actively supporting the rebels in the east of Ukraine.

I meant Tovi not you, but anyway. If you've just said that how come that Russia isn't an enemy of Ukraine? Nobody says that there are only Russians there among separatists, I clearly understand that the majority are locals but they're getting recruited/trained/armed by you know who. Also there are a lot of Russian citizens there who are God knows who: FSB, military forces, cossacks or anyone else.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: May 02, 2014, 03:11:48 pm »
I meant Tovi not you, but anyway. If you've just said that how come that Russia isn't an enemy of Ukraine? Nobody says that there are only Russians there among separatists, I clearly understand that the majority are locals but they're getting recruited/trained/armed by you know who. Also there are a lot of Russian citizens there who are God knows who: FSB, military forces, cossacks or anyone else.

If Russia is enemy of Ukraine because they do behind the curtains operation inside Ukraine, then every countries in the world are at war with each other which have secret agency doing funny shit  :P
Everyone spy on everyone and there is thousands of people paid to notice events such as whats happening in Ukraine, and think of how to use it to further their own interest. Its more a matter of "how far" and "do we have the budget" than a moral stand. Pretty sure there is operative of dozens of foreign nations in Ukraine right now, trying to determine their number and mission is mostly a guess game. All of what we do except commenting official statement is a guess game anyway  :o

But its not hard to presume that the Russian interest are pretty big there, so they must be the biggest provider of the pro-RUS ukrainians; like US/EU having provided Maidan with various things. Also since the border between Russia and those eastern provinces are hardly patrolled right now, it must be piss easy to pass on armement and people unnoticed. So you are right to believe they are your #1 arch nemesis, but it wont be war until real armies clashes.

I still think that 99% of the people in the streets are Ukrainians, and thus 99 out of 100 bullets fired at them will hit an Ukrainian. Whether he has been armed by Russia or Saddam Hussein doesnt matter much in the end, they arent mind controlled and the reason they started the riots/insurgency are the same than EuroMaidan but reversed...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:17:40 pm by Butan »

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #3355 on: May 02, 2014, 03:40:38 pm »
+1
EDIT: Sorry for comparing tragic events with a computer game. Still the analogy is ... well ... not far fetched.

You play Europa Universalis 4?

You will understand this: Ukraine granted fleetbasing rights to Russia. Later Russia went to war with Georgia. Ukraine told Russia to stop war with Georgia, else fleetbasing rights wont be prolonged. Russia played some spy-options and turned the political opinion in Ukraine (forced event: new president) so fleetbasing rights were prolonged again. The price for this spy-option was some money (cheaper gas). Later there was civil-unrest in Ukraine again (becouse of Russian spy-action). Russians Diplo-Annexing of Crimea finaly suceeded. Result is trade embargo from EU / USA. Next steps: Ignore embargo. Annex East Ukraine. Wait until aggresive expansion penaltys wear off. Continue with other plans.

German Wiki inspired (it says this - sorry - only goole translate here)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:06:52 pm by Eugen »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: May 02, 2014, 03:43:39 pm »
+1
Got some videos.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Nice "protesting".

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3357 on: May 02, 2014, 03:53:26 pm »
Got some videos.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Nice "protesting".
do u think they must wave transparats while helicopter launch roskets in them? ))

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: May 02, 2014, 04:00:30 pm »
+1
But its not hard to presume that the Russian interest are pretty big there, so they must be the biggest provider of the pro-RUS ukrainians; like US/EU having provided Maidan with various things.

It has been two months and I still have no idea what you are talking about when you say US/EU provided Maidan with "various things". Until you actually clarify (and let's not kid ourselves, you will avoid doing so), I will assume you meant sandwiches.

Whether he has been armed by Russia or Saddam Hussein doesnt matter much in the end, they arent mind controlled and the reason they started the riots/insurgency are the same than EuroMaidan but reversed...

In what way are they the same ?

If Russia is enemy of Ukraine because they do behind the curtains operation inside Ukraine, then every countries in the world are at war with each other which have secret agency doing funny shit  :P

Can you write something else than false equalities ?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: May 02, 2014, 04:03:57 pm »
do u think they must wave transparats while helicopter launch roskets in them? ))

Still not funny.