Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485375 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3195 on: April 26, 2014, 08:09:06 pm »
+2
The point is online IQ-test are bullshit. Most are just feel good test that make money with giving overly high scores and then offering a detailled report for payment. The real test is if you are clever enough to not fall for it. IQOUT is different and mostly done for research reasons but even they only use a small aspect of IQ-tests and are thus not a valid test(which they admit). A real IQ-test has to be done with a certified psychologists and under controlled conditions or else it goes into the trash. I never done one but I guess I'm in the 115-125 range because I got a STEM degree but also know many people that are a lot smarter than I am. But even then in my experience in the real world work ethic and reliability beats raw IQ most of the time.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 26, 2014, 08:46:17 pm »
IQ tests past a certain age are not "accurate".
Why? Isn't the result on a proper IQ test when you are 40 a good measure of your IQ at 40?

This test is more of a pattern recognition test, which is not everything there is to IQ. IQ isn't everything there is to intelligence either. This test is however quite a cleverly designed test which seems to do quite a job of zeroing in on your ability to solve pattern puzzles quickly, which is linked to general logical ability. Can't hurt if those self-proclaimed 130+ IQ badasses like Tovi and DaveUKR take this test to back-up their dickwaving.

I guess I'm in the 115-125 range because I got a STEM degree but also know many people that are a lot smarter than I am.
120 IQ would mean that out of a group of 10 random people there is one guy smarter than you on average. Perhaps you might have very specific intelligence, but reaching the 0,6th percentile on a test that is most likely made by a non-average demographic is quite something, you might be doing yourself a little short here.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 26, 2014, 08:47:36 pm »
IQ tests past a certain age are not "accurate". You get most accurate numbers in tests you make pre school, so unless you're numbers are from that period you all are just waving your cocks for nothing.
Total bullshit. Look it up. Or provide some research that proves what you're saying.

Because it's the opposite. IQ tests done as a child are not accurate, but tend to correlate. IQ tests get accurate after you're 18+, because you stop changing so much.

I don't even understand the logic behind what you're saying -- IQ tests test your current IQ. As a result, obviously current tests are more accurate than tests done 20 years ago. It's like saying "you get more accurate numbers about what a person's height will be at pre-school than you do after he's fully grown." Que?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 26, 2014, 08:52:16 pm »
+1
So basically you claim that you're more intelligent than me

Well, actually this isn't hard to believe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 26, 2014, 08:53:02 pm »
Well, actually this isn't hard to believe.

Haters gonna hate

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: April 26, 2014, 09:13:25 pm »
+1
Btw, Dorota Rabczewska "Doda", polish music "star", confirmed 166 IQ :P

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 1063
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 26, 2014, 09:30:03 pm »
+3
The point is online IQ-test are bullshit. Most are just feel good test that make money with giving overly high scores and then offering a detailled report for payment. The real test is if you are clever enough to not fall for it. IQOUT is different and mostly done for research reasons but even they only use a small aspect of IQ-tests and are thus not a valid test(which they admit). A real IQ-test has to be done with a certified psychologists and under controlled conditions or else it goes into the trash. I never done one but I guess I'm in the 115-125 range because I got a STEM degree but also know many people that are a lot smarter than I am. But even then in my experience in the real world work ethic and reliability beats raw IQ most of the time.

As I said, in elementary school we took a very similar test like the one you linked. But we had 45 minutes and there were a lot more tasks to solve (think it was 60). Organized by psychologists of course, but we weren't graded by any known scale. Results were in form of number of correctly solved tasks. I was 2nd best in generation, having scored 57 just like another girl from my class. In high school we did one of those language based tests after school in the late evening. Wasn't too shabby but completely failed memory part (no wonder, I was half sleeping by that time).

Imho, IQ tests are waste of time. If someone wants to prove himself, better work on something awesome than wasting time doing silly tests. Being intelligent is just one smaller part of being successful, rest is hard work. If you're lazy person it doesn't matter how intelligent you are, you are going to fail.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: April 26, 2014, 10:15:29 pm »
Life is successful when you've got a Zlisch-a-like hater who minuses all your single posts and you don't even know who the guy is. Who is this Porthos? Just curious. The guy seems to never post here useful, just reads.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3203 on: April 26, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »
It was a test for a job (I did'nt get the job because I was potentially rebelling against my hierarchy...), but with another test at 10 yo, I had the same result.
Maybe IQ helps to bring arguments  instead of saying : "wut wut ? You retarded hipster/conspirationist/french/terrorist/nazee/zionist/pedophil/nigga (choose one), I don't want to improve my political culture, let's watch cartoon on TV ! lol "

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 26, 2014, 10:47:55 pm »
+1
Life is successful when you've got a Zlisch-a-like hater who minuses all your single posts and you don't even know who the guy is.

Now u're gonna make thread like this one: http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/mature-nords/ ?
Quote from: DaveUKR
Hello, guys. I wanted to stop flame wars and I personally stopped posting in this section in Nords threads. I also asked Andswaru to ask his members to stop these forum flamewars and stop giving me random minuses to my posts. He promised to talk to his members and stop this. One day passes and I see my infamy growing more and more. Guess what happens? Yes, Nordic Kids™ attacked my renown/infamy ratio.

Just visit this link http://forum.meleegaming.com/profile/?area=showposts;u=1815 and look at any of the last posts and you'll see minuses from at least 2 of Nords to each of my posts (sometimes other Nords do that aswell or other UIF forum warriors).
(click to show/hide)

Uh, maybe just try to ask him to stop giving u minuses if u care so much...

Quote from: DaveUKR
You can continue giving me minuses, I don't care if I have lots of them

Oh, right, I forgot, u don't care  :lol:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 26, 2014, 11:42:36 pm »
Now u're gonna make thread like this one: http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/mature-nords/ ?
Uh, maybe just try to ask him to stop giving u minuses if u care so much...

Oh, right, I forgot, u don't care  :lol:

What do you mean "care so much"? I don't care about minuses, I care about reasons why people give them to me. Also it's quite amusing that some people including you care about me so much that they even find some old threads  :D And yes, I still think that giving minuses to posts just to give minuses show some social problems of the one who does it. You're roleplaying girls so good that you even play their periods, you have my credits for that.  :lol:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2780
  • Infamy: 1426
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 26, 2014, 11:45:36 pm »
Downvotes are a nasty thing. Even I get all tingly inside and want to chop someone's head off after seeing that blinking red minus to my post. As you all know, I'm the only user of these forums who's practically unaffected by post voting system.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 27, 2014, 12:02:43 am »
+3
Dave, there are few people on this forum who care about minuses more than you. Also, do this test, I wanna see how someone with an IQ of 133 does.

http://www.iqout.com

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3208 on: April 27, 2014, 12:24:18 am »
+1
Hundreds of Greystone mercenaries (ex-Blackwater/Academi) are actually at Odessa. They are slowly incorporated in Ukraine special forces to provoke troubles with pro-russian protesters (by shooting at them).
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov revealed that CIA director John Brennan was in Kiev. One of his advisors told the newspaper Vzgliad that Brennan had not come to oversee the "anti-terrorist" operations conducted by the Ukrainian authorities, but to seek information and rescue twenty Greystone Ltd mercenaries of whom there has been no news.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: April 27, 2014, 12:30:31 am »
+2
And yes, I still think that giving minuses to posts just to give minuses show some social problems of the one who does it.

But.. how you can know the difference between "giving minuses to posts just to give minuses" and giving them cause you don't like a post?  :?

You're roleplaying girls so good that you even play their periods, you have my credits for that.  :lol:

Yup, I'm roleplaying girl cause I borrowed a nickname from my favourite book's character and have girl as an avatar. If I didn't know better I'd say your IQ is 233 not only 133.

Btw,
The result of the test

By the answers you submitted your IQ is

The same or a better result is reached by

99.81% of the people taking the test.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:49:58 am by Falka »