Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485242 times)

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3030 on: April 22, 2014, 01:42:48 pm »
In the West, main medias are controlled by the military industry, not by government. Our governments control nothing but the police and the army, because they don't have power any more. They are under control of the Banks and private industry.
No conspiracy, only Oligarchy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2256
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: April 22, 2014, 01:45:39 pm »
There are many politicians like Zhirinovsky, his type is not exclusive to Russia. That guy Panos worship is exactly the same (I believe he's called Kasidiaris).

Also, before he died in car accident Jörg Haider was quite popular among some Austrians.

Russian problem is not Zhirinovsky being loud. Problem is that smart people in Russia aren't telling him to shut the fuck up.

Zhirinovsky should be imprisoned, but not because of his act. He stole a shitload of money from Russian citizens and that is why he should be in prison.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3032 on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:31 pm »
+2
In the West, main medias are controlled by the military industry, not by government. Our governments control nothing but the police and the army, because they don't have power any more. They are under control of the Banks and private industry.
No conspiracy, only Oligarchy.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #3033 on: April 22, 2014, 01:57:44 pm »
No, he should be free to be a complete raging retard to anyone he wishes. Arrested for that, really? Maybe you think he should take a vaction to Siberia as well? That he is still a politician, and a relatively popular one at that, is a symptom of Russia's current zeitgeist, not a cause.

Arrested for spreading of hatred, incitement to a crime, violation of the freedom of press, I am sure Russians have at least one of these criminal offenses in their Criminal Code. No Syberia, no summary trials, just simple implementation of laws.

And tell me, was Marine Le Pen head of third strongest party in France? I would like to hear your take about her and her daddy. Zeitgeist of France, much?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: April 22, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »
+1
@Oberyn, censorship of journalists is obvious in Russia, but in western Europe it's only hidden. Journalists are threatened to lose their job if they speak about specific subjects here too. A lot of subjects have become tabboos because nobody dares to speak about it anymore because they're afraid of consequences on their life and job. Anybody speaking against the system is fired, censored or even threatened by private milicias (Soral's an exemple, Dieudonné too, though i'll agree with you that they're both morons, I don't support them at all).

You can't speak about national pride without being insulted of being a natzi. You can't speak about imigration without being insulted of being a natzi. You just can't speak about criminality without being insulted of being a natzi. You can't speak about prisons overpopulation, about how a huge majority of those prisoners are not from european origins, about how as soon as they're released they commit crimes again, about drugs and crime networks that are completely ignored, about police not being able to do its job because the state doesn't support it. You can speak about some corruption. But not all of it because everyone knows what happens up there, you'd have to be a fool to believe politics are for honest people. Most of the corruption is ignored because the government leads the police. You can't speak about religions, whereas everyone knows muslims are doing a lot of conversions, moslty among foreigners but now even for europeans thanks to the support of all the governments that used public money to build muslim temples and financed their organisations whereas the governments let the churches being destroyed every year. I could continue for hours with specific examples of censorship but that'd be tltr.

Marine le Pen is leading the 3rd strongest party in France because both the left and the right parties are bullshit full of corrupted morons and everyone is sick of both of those parties that are slightly different but have a lot in common. Though it's mostly a reactionnary vote because people want changes and she's the only alternative atm. The censorship, the fail of the past government and the crisis help her a lot. A bit of growing nationalism and ethnical cleansing but really that might be 1% at most. People don't believe they'll ever be president, which is true, so they vote for her to vote against the system but not for her as a president as they know she'll never get elected.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: April 22, 2014, 02:56:50 pm »
You do know that Wikipedia has editors for every language and there is no possibility that something fishy stays on wiki for longer than week? You can always translate russian page to check it out.

It is quite disgusting that you're using Wikipedia to make a claim how everything "russian" is controled by their government.

Get out of my head, I wasn't claiming anything. Besides, there are differences in Wikipedia content depending on the language. And the english version is in general the most scrutinized of all, by far.

If I look at say, the articles on Napoleon in French and English, there is a massive difference in the tone and qualitative language being used.

@Oberyn, censorship of journalists is obvious in Russia, but in western Europe it's only hidden. Journalists are threatened to lose their job if they speak about specific subjects here too. A lot of subjects have become tabboos because nobody dares to speak about it anymore because they're afraid of consequences on their life and job. Anybody speaking against the system is fired, censored or even threatened by private milicias (Soral's an exemple, Dieudonné too, though i'll agree with you that they're both morons, I don't support them at all).

You can't speak about national pride without being insulted of being a natzi. You can't speak about imigration without being insulted of being a natzi. You just can't speak about criminality without being insulted of being a natzi. You can't speak about prisons overpopulation, about how a huge majority of those prisoners are not from european origins, about how as soon as they're released they commit crimes again, about drugs and crime networks that are completely ignored, about police not being able to do its job because the state doesn't support it. You can speak about some corruption. But not all of it because everyone knows what happens up there, you'd have to be a fool to believe politics are for honest people. Most of the corruption is ignored because the government leads the police. You can't speak about religions, whereas everyone knows muslims are doing a lot of conversions, moslty among foreigners but now even for europeans thanks to the support of all the governments that used public money to build muslim temples and financed their organisations whereas the governments let the churches being destroyed every year. I could continue for hours with specific examples of censorship but that'd be tltr.

Marine le Pen is leading the 3rd strongest party in France because both the left and the right parties are bullshit full of corrupted morons and everyone is sick of both of those parties that are slightly different but have a lot in common. Though it's mostly a reactionnary vote because people want changes and she's the only alternative atm. The censorship, the fail of the past government and the crisis help her a lot. A bit of growing nationalism and ethnical cleansing but really that might be 1% at most. People don't believe they'll ever be president, which is true, so they vote for her to vote against the system but not for her as a president as they know she'll never get elected.

Oh wow, "You can't speak about national pride without being insulted of being a natzi." really ? If you speak like nazi, have the decency of admitting you do. There's a difference between going to prison and being rightfully accused of being a nationalist nutjob. For example, you should have the decency of admitting you are just being fed Geert Wilder's propaganda, eating it and asking for more.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: April 22, 2014, 03:05:23 pm »
Oh wow, "You can't speak about national pride without being insulted of being a natzi." really ? If you speak like nazi, have the decency of admitting you do. There's a difference between going to prison and being rightfully accused of being a nationalist nutjob. For example, you should have the decency of admitting you are just being fed Geert Wilder's propaganda, eating it and asking for more.

Thanks for proving my point. Everyday is Godwin day in France.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #3037 on: April 22, 2014, 04:00:34 pm »
I think you are aiming besides the point here. WHOLE GENERATION in France, Germany (well - the western part), UK have no clue what a proper dictatorship-level-censorship is. Try creating something like hard-talk on bbc in russia. You will end up being fired from your job by some shit-head-old-school-moron like Zhirinovsky in NO TIME. NADA. Insta-fucking-ntly.  :rolleyes:

And as someone put it well - freedom of speech guarantees you a right a speak your mind and then everyone else can tell you that you are shit and should go and hide. And that is what freedom of speech is. It's not about keeping your job, if you talk bullshit, or protecting you from being called an idiot, if you compare censorship in russia vs e.g. France or UK. Both are MORE than likely to happen, but they have nothing to do with your freedom of speech being limited.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: April 22, 2014, 04:37:55 pm »

So, what is for you "freedom of speech" ? You spew racist crap and everybody else must agree ?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: April 22, 2014, 04:49:28 pm »
*brings up Nazis multiples times*
*brings up Godwin when someone mentions it once in a reply*
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3040 on: April 22, 2014, 05:05:06 pm »
+1
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: April 22, 2014, 05:15:05 pm »
+2
Reading this thread always pisses me off.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3042 on: April 22, 2014, 05:24:41 pm »

Why do you thank somebody else when you can prove your own "godwin day in france" point with yourself, already?  :mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ivani4
  • IRC nick: Ivani4
« Reply #3043 on: April 22, 2014, 08:14:03 pm »
The detention of an American in the form of the Ukrainian special forces:

Offline Xant