Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485345 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1800 on: March 18, 2014, 04:26:41 pm »
Let's not get into why Germany attacked Poland, and why it attacked other 10-11 countries. And let's not get into what Germany did in Ukraine. Enough to say that poor Ukrainians and all of the other people under evil germanz genuinly needed protection. Comparing Putin's agression, and for that matter, any other agression in history with the one Germans did would be ridiculous, disrespectful to the victims, and downright stupid.

And regarding Kaliningrad, I think that was a small price to pay to SU for 20 million dead. Wouldn't you agree?

a bit OT;

Poland was attacked because it did not want to join the evil side and attack the SU. So it was more or less in the way.
Well i have not written it, but my point was, they always say that they want to save or protect someone. You will never hear that they just want more land, more resources or do not like the other government.

The point about Königsberg is that there is an international treaty, in which Germanyland accept the current borders and does not raise a claim on the lost areas.
And guess what, this treaty is not broken yet.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #1801 on: March 18, 2014, 04:27:41 pm »
+1
As I said in another thread there are some big differences:

3. Crimea's prime minister is not an international terrorist (Adem Jashari albanian national hero is)
7. EU and US are against of Crimea being added to Russia, but ok with Kosovo's massacre.

Not going to bother to reply to everything. but uhm you're clearly biased and probably don't even know shit about Kosovo. Yes it's a shit place and very very corrupt, everyone knows that including the Albanians. I'm not a nationalist but claiming that Adem Jashari was an international terrorist proves my point that you do not know shit. He started the insurgency against police and military units and was therefore classed as a terrorist by the Serb government. His skirmishes lasted for one year until they sieged his home and killed him and his 20-30 relatives in there.

"Jashari was convicted of terrorism in absentia by a Yugoslav court on 11 July 1997. Human Rights Watch subsequently described the trial, in which fourteen other Kosovo Albanians were also convicted, as [failing] to conform to international standards."

He was never trialed by an international or serious court, ever. Which many later KLA commanders were. And they have been imprisoned. No one was "OK" with kosovo massacres. KLA commanders have been arrested and entire KLA was disbanded and all their weapons removed. I know from experience that UN keepers have went from home to home and confiscated weapons. Don't forget that it was a two sided-massacre.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 563
  • Infamy: 2455
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 18, 2014, 04:39:39 pm »
+1
Who cares? America is bad and that's why good Russia can annex Ukrainian lands  :rolleyes:

There is no good or bad, just those who can and those who can't. Both foreign sides have their interest and neither are there because they like you guys.

All this foreign occupation and "support" aside, do you realize that current minister of defense of your country is self proclaimed, full fledged nazi. He probably ain't much worse than Yanukovich and company, but doesn't that bother you the slightest bit?

I'm not a nationalist but claiming that Adem Jashari was an international terrorist proves my point that you do not know shit.

Every soldier is a terrorist, because his job is to spread terror among people of other countries. I mentioned Kosovo and Monteblack in spanish together with Crimea only because those are 3 independent countries. Dude who quoted me is misinformed. There were killings on both sides, Albanians were in bad position longer than Serbians.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 04:45:54 pm by Leshma »

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1803 on: March 18, 2014, 04:57:33 pm »
current minister of defense of your country is self proclaimed, full fledged chocolate chip cookie.

Is he?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 704
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 18, 2014, 05:06:34 pm »
+1
You want to say that Svoboda isn't right wing, neo-fascist party?

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1805 on: March 18, 2014, 05:12:45 pm »
You want to say that Svoboda isn't right wing, neo-fascist party?

It is right-wing nationalist party, not neo-fascist or neo-chocolate chip cookie.
I don't like this party, there are too many retarded nationalists, who make things worse and basically play for Russia, but not most of them. And afaik Tenyukh(minister of defence) is not one of them.

Also most retards from that party switched to right sector recently(which is more radical right-wing organization, but also not neo-chocolate chip cookie)

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #1806 on: March 18, 2014, 05:16:15 pm »
And Obama, with his killer drones, Guantanamo and world massive spying is the champion of Democracy, always on the good side of History !  :mrgreen:
 If you don't believe in this huge fairy tale, you are a conspirationist, a racist or maybe a terrorist (let's check this with torture).

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 18, 2014, 05:33:34 pm »
+1
Not taking true third world countries into account Russia has by far the dumbest people. You know the post is going to be retarded just by seeing the poster is Russian. Except for Segd the bicycling russian
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 18, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »
+2
And regarding Kaliningrad, I think that was a small price to pay to SU for 20 million dead. Wouldn't you agree?

Nope. From my point of view Soviet russia was "almost" as evil as germany, so talking about some kind of gratification for them... The fact that they helped with overcoming chocolate chip cookies doesn't make Russia a good guy  :rolleyes:

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 18, 2014, 05:44:45 pm »
+3
Not taking true third world countries into account Russia has by far the dumbest people. You know the post is going to be retarded just by seeing the poster is Russian. Except for Segd the bicycling russian
I'm only doing my humble job by destabilizing Russian soil  8-)
(click to show/hide)

Was playing Prophesy of Pendor mod today:
(click to show/hide)
Warband is so realistic! :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:49:39 pm by Segd »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #1810 on: March 18, 2014, 05:51:01 pm »
a bit OT;

Poland was attacked because it did not want to join the evil side and attack the SU. So it was more or less in the way.
Well i have not written it, but my point was, they always say that they want to save or protect someone. You will never hear that they just want more land, more resources or do not like the other government.

The point about Königsberg is that there is an international treaty, in which Germanyland accept the current borders and does not raise a claim on the lost areas.
And guess what, this treaty is not broken yet.
First of all, the reason why Germany attacked Poland wasn't to get access to Russia. Motives for the attack were to get back for backstabbing in WW1, to get Lebensraum, and to enslave the Polish population. All of this is well documented in the plans and directives of German leadership.

And the last time Germany violated an international treaty there was a war. In which you were buttkicked by none other than USSR. My point being, you could never even attempt to take Kaliningrad from the Russians, because if you could you would have tried. But the Russians are too strong to even consider such a move, they would kick your ass. And now it is easy to brag how you respect international treaties.

I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1811 on: March 18, 2014, 05:51:33 pm »
+3
I don't really see the similarity with Kosovo. If ukrainians and russians had been deploying death squads and ethnically cleansing each other's villages there would be a similarity. If I truly believed even a fifth of the bullshit coming out of russian state owned and/or controlled media, you would think crimean russians escaped genocide by the skin of their teeth. Obviously that was not the case, and still isn't. Crocodile tears about scary neo-chocolate chip cookies aside, I have yet to see any of this vaunted opression supposedly endured by the poor victimized russian minority. Especially not anything on the scale of the albanian and serbian deathsquads.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #1812 on: March 18, 2014, 05:58:51 pm »
Nope. From my point of view Soviet russia was "almost" as evil as germany, so talking about some kind of gratification for them... The fact that they helped with overcoming chocolate chip cookies doesn't make Russia a good guy  :rolleyes:
Helped? I believe you are under the influence of Hollywood Gebels like, private Ryan propaganda. USSR win about 90% of the war and ha 40 times more casulties than rest of the Allies. If there wasnt stuborness to resist in USSR, the darkness would still dominate Europe, and all of us would be living in nazzi countries. Stoping that makes them, but Ukrainians also, good guys in my book.

@Oberyn

There was a good article about that in Figaro yesterday.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #1813 on: March 18, 2014, 06:01:13 pm »
Stoping that makes them, but Ukrainians also, good guys in my book.

Don't forget about 50 years of occupation, gulag, installing puppet governments, and spreading bullshit propaganda, ruining economies, using secret police, sending in tanks to kill people..

Good guys my ass.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #1814 on: March 18, 2014, 06:04:41 pm »
Gut guys :

The Wiesenthal Center also cited Oleg Tyagnibok (No. 5) from the fascist Ukranian Svoboda party. He urged purges of the approximately 400,000 Jews and other minorities living in the Ukraine and has demanded that the country be liberated from the “Muscovite Jewish Mafia.”

Ukrainian MP Igor Miroshnichenko was cited for anti-Jewish remarks as well: He called Ukrainian-born American actress Mila Kunis a “zhydovka” (dirty Jewess).

Wiesenthal Center, top 10 antisemitic people 2012

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-Features/Wiesenthal-ranks-top-10-anti-Semites-Israel-haters

Svoboda : 38  deputies.