Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485654 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1500 on: March 10, 2014, 10:30:05 pm »
+1
Putin needs to protect the Russian people from the genocide that's happening in Ukraine, damn right.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #1501 on: March 10, 2014, 10:35:47 pm »
+5
None of those arrogant types have been able to actually back their "you're an idiot" claims with actual arguments as reliably as Xant, though.

You're an idiot, Kafein.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 10, 2014, 10:44:16 pm »
+4
from FB. made me  :)

(click to show/hide)

Now, that shit is beyond retarded, please never post again for the sake of this thread.
The level of silliness is just through the roof.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #1503 on: March 10, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »
+1
Didn't this pic appear some pages back?

Still not really imaginative

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #1504 on: March 10, 2014, 11:01:42 pm »
+1
but its funny :P and more seriously probably portrays how a lot of Russians feel about the west being up in arms :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #1505 on: March 10, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »
+8
Anyways it's time for pics more relevant to the topic:
Meanwhile in Ukraine
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1506 on: March 11, 2014, 12:11:33 am »
+2
Now that cat is some proper intellectual input for the thread.

I bet even Xant agrees... How could he not? It has cute kitten. Kitten can't be wrong.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 11, 2014, 12:31:31 am »
+2
Anyways it's time for pics more relevant to the topic:
Meanwhile in Ukraine

beast combo with your profile avatar  :P

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1508 on: March 11, 2014, 12:58:22 am »
+1
Calling idiocy for what it is makes idiots cry. QQ, idiots, QQ.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 11, 2014, 01:06:30 am »
+7
I dont see how he should ban himself, if you and Oberyn and Xant stays  :rolleyes: A debate table isnt a circlejerk with 99% people agreeing with themselves, thus people like him should be able to stay, whatever you think of his views.

Yeah. There is nothing wrong when people agree on things. There is nothing wrong when people don't agree neither. But with your attitude it's just all wrong. You pick your position in debate because "look mom, I don't support mainstream, I'm special" and it's hardly even an opinion because you question a lot but then refuse to hear answers. You speak just to speak bringing nothing useful into actual discussion. What is strange that you don't even try to hide it. And instead of discussing actually Ukraine and what is happening there you get your attention. I guess you should be happy now.

If you want any useful discussion or debates, you have to come with facts, trustworthy links and news. There is no need to make this thread a flamewar.

Some recent info: self proclaimed prime minister of Crimea Aksyonov wants to "nationalize" private and Ukrainian property after joining Russia. It will cover not only Ukrainian military property in Crimea (vehicles, vessels, aircraft), but also energetics (even private). He mentioned that the list will be wider but majority of private factories will stay private. I personally see it as a huge pile of money, Aksyonov will sell a lot of ground there and will steal billions of dollars. That's quite obvious.

Just some of my thoughts in case Crimea gets to Russia: As I've already stated in one of my posts - Crimea will be isolated pretty bad. First of all: electricity, gas, water, food, communications. It all comes from the North and will come from the other country for international prices (read as extremely high). Crimea is a region with almost no production, it consumes significantly more than it produces. Even if all taxes will come to their local budget - they would be barely able to pay even a half of their needs (if they were in Ukraine). While being a part of Russia all the problems will get to a critical level. Their main source of money and working places is tourism. 2/3-3/4 of tourists came from other parts of Ukraine. It doesn't require to be smart to understand that people will avoid unrecognised country (will be the same situation as always: recognized by Russia and a couple of 3rd world countries). Also it's quite obvious that Crimea will not compete with tourism rivals (just rebuilt Sochi in Russia or Odessa in Ukraine). I guess it will require A LOT of money from Russia to make things working at least somehow. Because if it will get annexed without fight - there will be nobody to blame (like you can't blame Ukrainians for destroying their economy with tanks). So other regions of Russia feel new territories with their own pocket.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #1510 on: March 11, 2014, 01:14:36 am »
+4
Dave, you have to stop overintellectualizing things, i.e explaining them to people as if they were more than 5 years old. It hurts the brain of moronic conspiracy theorists. Also don't use rough language, it makes little pigtailed schoolgirls cry

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 11, 2014, 01:22:18 am »
+2
Even if someone says something absolutely retarded, you have to say "that's a very valid point of view, we all have opinions and they're all just as right, you can't argue about opinions, kumbayaah my lord, kumbayaah" or feelings will be hurt. And we wouldn't want that.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #1512 on: March 11, 2014, 01:36:38 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 11, 2014, 02:04:11 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Crimea may become isolated, but if the Russians are pushing that bad for it, they certainly have a "step 2" of their annexation program ready. Else they are both expansionist AND stupid, and the way they dealt with Ukraine uprising and subsequent weakness, they may be called brash but not stupid (and one may call for the other but only in time  :mrgreen:)

Since they have a fleet in their ports for so long, and most probably the many army personel and barracks that comes with them, it wouldnt be totally impossible to understand that they know how to supply themselves, and by extension, the region. Thats for sure going to be a problem if they dont do anything, but most probably only in the mid-long term, and I heard they had plans to build more bridges (for land transport, electricity transport, gas?) from Crimea to Russia to alleviate those problems.

It may not look like it on the global map, but Crimea is quite close to Russia :

Also tourism is always bad when there is war (looming or for real), but except if the war is long and bloody, it will soon be time to open up shops and continue the life.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 11, 2014, 02:16:11 am »
+3
Else they are both expansionist AND stupid
I think that if you are the size of Russia being expansionist when it comes to tiny swaths of territory is fairly stupid in itself. Think they are gonna have to give a good slapping to whoever did the cost/benefit calculation for this course of action at the end of all this.