Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485371 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1020 on: March 05, 2014, 02:50:57 pm »
+2
Oh boy, here we go.

(click to show/hide)
Don't.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #1021 on: March 05, 2014, 03:03:29 pm »
+2

Oh, someone (with fake titles or not) who say putin is le bad and need to be killed militarily, so counter-mainstream  :lol:

Also point 1 of his article was the same argument used to excuse violence from maidan demo... love how conspiracy theories are accepted only when it fits your political side... its growing old.

ASSUMING the given credentials are right, and assuming this is not fake http://www.eastcapital.com/ja-JP/Corporate/Press-Room/Press-Releases/East-Capital-Financials-Fund-sells-holding-in-Platinum-Bank-Ukraine/, you are calling a CEO of  Top 5 Banks in Ukraine a conspiracy theorist... Also - provocations and immitations of this kind are far from uncommon when talking about Russia. It has quite a history for putting low value on human life (starting with "penal batalions", ending with forced exile of whole nations, belogomor and the like).

I would rather call you an uninformed regular western EU citizen who CANNOT imagine such things to be true. And somehow - I believe I am closer to truth, sorry  :rolleyes:

Oh boy, here we go.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know Catherine or that other Estonian guy? Can you recognize them by voice? From my POV - too good to be true, but I really can't tell... For all I care - the guy may have been fed bull shit on his trip and then reporting this shit forward... which ofc would be quite convenient for putler.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:24:52 pm by Kuujis »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 05, 2014, 03:21:47 pm »
+4

Oh, someone (with fake titles or not) who say putin is le bad and need to be killed militarily, so counter-mainstream  :lol:

Also point 1 of his article was the same argument used to excuse violence from maidan demo... love how conspiracy theories are accepted only when it fits your political side... its growing old.
You're trying very hard to equalize both sides in this conflict, as if both had the exact same amount of truth to them and both stood on the same moral ground. But what if they simply don't?

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #1023 on: March 05, 2014, 03:43:05 pm »
+1
@Prpavi

Fake. Or at least this guy who has a diploma in international relations doesn't know how UN operate. For UN to send NATO troops as observers it would be necessary to have a decision of Security Council, in which both Russia and China have veto right.

And this part about Ukraine developing nuclear weapons in couple of months and then waging nuclear war is just crazy.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #1024 on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:49 pm »
+1
actions of world community to protects the Ukraine against russian invaders
(click to show/hide)
historical view on the ukrainian territory. looks like russian propaganda but however mostly its truth.
(click to show/hide)
russian occupators
(click to show/hide)

as I already said - I dislike the fact of russian invading but because I am scared of results... from little conflict to ww 3. but its not about emotions...
picture that you liked but with little explanation
(click to show/hide)
all ukraine should wait for president's voting and then it will be totally another deal. current official president lost all his legitimate, new, temporary leaders are not legitimated yet... the country is actually frozen till the voting... there is no such things as idependent ukraine for now... only the region between russia and EU with pupet eu temporary leaders.

and yeah, Prpavi, only full retard will call peacemakers to his land.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 05, 2014, 03:45:00 pm »
You're trying very hard to equalize both sides in this conflict, as if both had the exact same amount of truth to them and both stood on the same moral ground. But what if they simply don't?

Very good question, and quite impossible to answer without all-seeing-eyes unfortunately. Thats like asking if god exist or not? Some are ready to believe without the slightest proof, some deny the possibility of such a thing even if they saw miracles. I accept the possibility it might be true.

I'm prone to believe there is individuals which are more inclined to do evil things than others, but I dont believe in "good vs evil" cold war theory. Especially when you see that people always deem themselves good, and the others evil. How can millions of Russian can end up being more evil than millions of Ukrainians? They are all humans.

A french comedian once said about war and fights: 

The enemy is stupid: he believes we are the enemy while he obviously is.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 05, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »
+14
Putin is pulling some Sudetenland level shit here and you can be all clever and take every headline with a pinch of salt, but regardless through which news source you look at it, a foreign army is occupying the territory of another nation and that is in no way justifiable. Butan, Russia is the bad guy here, sorry to break it to you.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 05, 2014, 04:33:04 pm »
+2
Very good question, and quite impossible to answer without all-seeing-eyes unfortunately. Thats like asking if god exist or not? Some are ready to believe without the slightest proof, some deny the possibility of such a thing even if they saw miracles. I accept the possibility it might be true.

I'm prone to believe there is individuals which are more inclined to do evil things than others, but I dont believe in "good vs evil" cold war theory. Especially when you see that people always deem themselves good, and the others evil. How can millions of Russian can end up being more evil than millions of Ukrainians? They are all humans.

A french comedian once said about war and fights: 

The enemy is stupid: he believes we are the enemy while he obviously is.

Two sides are not equal just because there are two sides to an argument. That's like comparing evolution and young earth creationism and arguing that they are equally legitimate. Sure, the truth is more complex than one biased view or the other, sometimes, but that doesn't make them equally wrong. To utter a quote I can't find back: "Criticizing a system of two colors, you replace it with a system of one color".

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #1028 on: March 05, 2014, 04:38:05 pm »
+1
Russia is the bad guy for sure but then again the USA UK etc are not exactly good guys when it comes to invasions.

So far there hasn't been much bloodshed and sanctions? well i know the UK is against most economic sanctions for sure
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 05, 2014, 04:40:03 pm »
+1
ofc Poland is gonna be agains everything Russia does, this has nothing to do with Ukraine. They are not for Ukraine, they are simply against Russia.

It's not the whole truth. Yes, poles don't like, hate or are afraid of Russia and since in last 5 centuries Russia was always our enemy it's quite understandable I think. But there's also a lot of warm feelings toward ukraine. Not only now but also during orange revolution a few years ago polish society was supporting ukraine.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1030 on: March 05, 2014, 04:48:54 pm »
+2

Okay I know this is serious and all but the russian and ukrainian soldier's chat was so bizarre it was fun

-The tall one was ripping shit up
  -The cossack?
 -Yeah the cossack, who the fuck knows who he is
  -What a fucking weirdo.
First part of those... haven't seen it posted yet.

When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 05, 2014, 04:52:58 pm »
But there's also a lot of warm feelings toward ukraine. Not only now but also during orange revolution a few years ago polish society was supporting ukraine.

Because orange revolution was anti-Ianoukovitch-Russia already so your point is invalid.
Maidan is round 2 of orange revolution after Ianoukovitch-Russia won the election again against Iouchtchenko-Tymochenko-Europe in 2010 and the subsequent events.

I dont want to philosophe that much on a concrete thing like what Ukraine is going through, I prefer to add one more question : if its highly probable that Russia is bullshitting to the max to gain undeserved benefits in Ukraine, why shouldnt it be highly probablt that Europe/USA was bullshitting to the max behind the scene for Maidan to be successful to gain undeserved benefits in Ukraine?

One side avoided proper election to place puppet new government in Kiev by using escalated protests, the other avoided proper referendum/sovereignty principle to place puppet new government in Simferopol by using army: who is good, who is evil?

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1032 on: March 05, 2014, 04:59:27 pm »
+2
Do you really not see the difference between some shady business behind the scene and military intrusion?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:03:12 pm by serr »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 05, 2014, 05:02:59 pm »
+1
why shouldnt it be highly probablt that Europe/USA was bullshitting to the max behind the scene for Maidan to be successful to gain undeserved benefits in Ukraine?

One side avoided proper election to place puppet new government in Kiev by using escalated protests, the other avoided proper referendum/sovereignty principle to place puppet new government in Simferopol by using army: who is good, who is evil?

What? Eu and USA established new ukrainian government? Right...  :wink: It's good to have pro EU government in Kiev and not Janukowycz, but let's not exaggerate, it doesn't make much difference, whoever rules in ukraine gas and oil will be transported to europe anyway.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 05, 2014, 05:04:22 pm »
+1
Because orange revolution was anti-Ianoukovitch-Russia already so your point is invalid.
Maidan is round 2 of orange revolution after Ianoukovitch-Russia won the election again against Iouchtchenko-Tymochenko-Europe in 2010 and the subsequent events.

I dont want to philosophe that much on a concrete thing like what Ukraine is going through, I prefer to add one more question : if its highly probable that Russia is bullshitting to the max to gain undeserved benefits in Ukraine, why shouldnt it be highly probablt that Europe/USA was bullshitting to the max behind the scene for Maidan to be successful to gain undeserved benefits in Ukraine?

Even using your incorrect profiling of the protests, Russia is the most evil.