Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485510 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #810 on: March 03, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »
+2
A good comment on that video for the morons who don't seem to understand what fascism means:

This definition lacks many things. First, you need to have an ideology that is "official ideology", taught in schools, at work and being the only one allowed in the country. Second, you need to have citizens living in fear of secret services, being affraid to speak their mind, or bad things would happen to them. Complete control over media also falls under this one. Then, you need to have common enemy, one hated by majority of population, such as Jews, communists, black people, Arabs, immigrants, take your pick. These people would usually be blamed for everything that's wrong with the country. For example, you don't have this shit in Russia, but it exists, in part, in France. Then, you would need to have completley non-democratic and useless elections, where you would have shootings of political rivals, beating up of masses at political rallies.

Anyway, I disagree that Russia today is facsist country. I believe that it would fall under "authoritarian" countries in sociological classification, but definately not fascist or totalitarian (fascism being one of the forms of totalitarion regimes).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:25:33 pm by Corwin »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 03, 2014, 04:22:42 pm »
+4
The personal, as everyone's so fucking fond of saying, is political. So if some idiot politician, some power player, tries to execute policies that harm you or those you care about, take it personally. Get angry. The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs, hardware and soft-. Only the little people suffer at the hands of Justice; the creatures of power slide out from under with a wink and a grin. If you want justice, you will have to claw it from them. Make it personal. Do as much damage as you can. Get your message across. That way you stand a far better chance of being taken seriously next time. Of being considered dangerous. And make no mistake about this: being taken seriously, being considered dangerous, marks the difference – the only difference in their eyes – between players and little people. Players they will make deals with. Little people they liquidate. And time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it's just business, it's politics, it's the way of the world, it's a tough life, and that it's nothing personal. Well, fuck them. Make it personal.

Words to live by, from an individual to a country.  :wink:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 03, 2014, 04:23:47 pm »
I don't want a 2nd Cold War. I want a 3rd World War.

LETS DO THIS SHIT!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #813 on: March 03, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »
+3

LETS DO THIS SHIT!

Only if it happens at your doorstep, enjoy it then

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #814 on: March 03, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »
+2
LETS DO THIS SHIT!
we got video games for that, it´s like war, but you can turn it on and off and nobody actually gets killed

modern times, huzzah

anyways, I still hope for some kind of miracle in Ukraine, it´s really getting bad now :/

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 03, 2014, 04:44:25 pm »
+5
Calling other people names and trying to degrade other countries is fascism aswell...
Did you just called yourself a chocolate chip cookie?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 03, 2014, 04:45:14 pm »
+3
I just find it funny that we (UK and USA) go around the world invading countries on trumped up pretexts like WMDs and protecting ourselves then we come out with stuff like this
When that's exactly what we have been doing :D

But not in Europe :) And noone cares about middle east, africa and the rest of the world, as long as you don't fuck shit up in europe you're fine in our eyes :P

You're a fucking retard Ivani. The closest thing to the third reich around is your fascist shit country.

It's hard not to agree with Oberyn :P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:58:18 pm by Falka »

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #817 on: March 03, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »
You're a fucking retard Ivani. The closest thing to the third reich around is your fascist shit country.
the way how democractive conversation is going... and the main thing is to respect other people, their rights and preferences... like gays, like tolerance to other races and nations... like nationalists in ukraine...
most of you are just contradicting yourself... dont you see?
(click to show/hide)

Dave, did I call russians as ukrainian brothers? you read much more than I actually wrote.  I just wrote that I dont want to fight for country I hate.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #818 on: March 03, 2014, 05:05:48 pm »
+1
Don't mind Panos. His mind is so blown up by now, he contradicts himself in every 2nd post. Just lean back and enjoy the show :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 03, 2014, 05:07:51 pm »
+2
the way how democractive conversation is going... and the main thing is to respect other people, their rights and preferences... like gays, like tolerance to other races and nations... like nationalists in ukraine...
Yes, Oberyn. You're just as bad as the evil men in Ukraine because you post on forums like that.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #820 on: March 03, 2014, 05:27:37 pm »
+1

Who said I wrote that as a bad thing  :rolleyes:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 03, 2014, 05:53:18 pm »
+2
Ukraine peaceful patient wise guys  :o and Russia cold bloodthirsty bastards   :twisted:  are you serious dave?  pls I dont want to sound harsh but your comments are growing even more brainwashed than those you accuse of brainwashing  :P

Ukraine is on standstill not because of a morale high ground, but because they are waiting for external help because they know they would get crushed like Georgia if they are alone in the war against Russia.

You're right only particularly, Ukraine doesn't want to engage into a fight without support because it will lead to huge loses. Although to win a war against Ukraine Russia should actually use its all military forces which is impossible. The thing is that there will be no war and Russia only tries to escalate the situation. Trust me, you don't sound not brainwashed either as you only more or less support/justify the Russian side in all your posts in this thread. The only difference is that you live miles away and I live here in the centre of actions.

Anyway, how would you call a country that wants to annex the part of its neighbour and intrude it with military forces? How is it any different than Hitlеr's?

Dave, did I call russians as ukrainian brothers? you read much more than I actually wrote.  I just wrote that I dont want to fight for country I hate.

So you've basically just confessed that you hate Ukraine. You know, you can hate government, you can hate politics but hating your own country? How dare you asking for your opinion to get attention in the country which you hate then? That actually proves it even more that you're typical "bydlo" - low-educated guy who hates his own country and I wouldn't be even surprised if you can't connect 2 words in Ukrainian. Or am I wrong and just made a reckless announcement about you?

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #822 on: March 03, 2014, 05:59:50 pm »
+15
Seeing the Russian threat getting bigger day by day, the French decided to take action.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #823 on: March 03, 2014, 06:00:37 pm »
+1
Russia gives Ukrainian forces in Crimea ultimatum to surrender - Interfax

Quote from: Reuters
Russia's Black Sea Fleet has told Ukrainian forces in Crimea to surrender by 5 a.m. (0300 GMT) on Tuesday or face a military assault, Interfax news agency quoted a source in the Ukrainian Defence Ministry as saying.

The ultimatum, Interfax said, was issued by Alexander Vitko, the fleet's commander.

The ministry did not immediately confirm the report and there was no immediate comment by the Black Sea Fleet, which has a base in Crimea, where Russian forces are in control.

"If they do not surrender before 5 a.m. tomorrow, a real assault will be started against units and divisions of the armed forces across Crimea," the agency quoted the ministry source as saying.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #824 on: March 03, 2014, 06:10:09 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
<...>

You are QUITE a rebel in rUSSIA to presume, that there is someone willing to SPEAK to and someone deserving RESPECT in government of rUSSIA right now. I would say fuck you and fuck your pathetic wish to be treated with respect, when your own country does not deserve this.

West-brain-washed at least have the courage to be self-critical, while propaganda machine in rUSSIA does not allow for such fallacies, because you just CAN'T be wrong, aye?

So fuck your "democratic" talking. Oh... sorry, its actually already fucked, I must have missed that somehow...

Get out of Ukraine, get out of Georgia, allow for free referendum in Chechnya, THEN come talking and presuming, that you actually have some place at the table where people with mutual respect speak.

UNFORTUNATELY, there is a serious lack of people in western government, who understand the simple truth, that rUSSIA can't be spoken to in civilized fashion. After all - if I did not know differently - I would say that "a word and a gun is much more powerful than only a word" phrase came right out of pUTLER's handbook of phrases to live by.