Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485206 times)

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ivani4
  • IRC nick: Ivani4
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #765 on: March 03, 2014, 11:09:49 am »
+1
I know it. I mean I want to know your official salary in rubles.
I often meet at sites with engineers and workers from Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, and Sumy. They know how many people receive Russian oil and gas facilities. Ask them. We have such information is a commercial secret. I have no right to disclose. However, I can report is that even a simple worker receives $ 1000-3000. However, workers from other States is not there. There is only the representatives of the countries of suppliers of technological equipment.

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #766 on: March 03, 2014, 11:10:43 am »
+2
I think you got the numbers wrong, 70 billion in personal wealth would make him the second richest man in the world. Even if it isn't personal wealth you can't extract 50-70 billions yearly out of a country that only produces 180 billion a year. It was probably millions.
Russia is just as relient on the income of those gas exports as the EU is relient on the gas. EU has the power to wreck Russia's fragile and stagnant poorly managed energy export economy. It will definitely cost the EU as well, but if they share the costs between member states they could get Russia to back down. Sadly the EU probably does not care enough or member states will be completely unwilling to sustain the costs of any sanctions.
It was in the billions. I've read that in the newspaper. A whole pyramid scheme of corruption. And from every layer a bit went to the higher ups and then to Yanukovych.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 03, 2014, 11:42:17 am »
+2
...The White House

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release March 02, 2014 G-7 Leaders Statement
We, the leaders of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States and the President of the European Council and President of the European Commission, join together today to condemn the Russian Federation’s clear violation of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, in contravention of Russia’s obligations under the UN Charter and its 1997 basing agreement with Ukraine. We call on Russia to address any ongoing security or human rights concerns that it has with Ukraine through direct negotiations, and/or via international observation or mediation under the auspices of the UN or the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. We stand ready to assist with these efforts.

We also call on all parties concerned to behave with the greatest extent of self-restraint and responsibility, and to decrease the tensions.

We note that Russia’s actions in Ukraine also contravene the principles and values on which the G-7 and the G-8 operate. As such, we have decided for the time being to suspend our participation in activities associated with the preparation of the scheduled G-8 Summit in Sochi in June, until the environment comes back where the G-8 is able to have meaningful discussion.

We are united in supporting Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, and its right to choose its own future. We commit ourselves to support Ukraine in its efforts to restore unity, stability, and political and economic health to the country. To that end, we will support Ukraine’s work with the International Monetary Fund to negotiate a new program and to implement needed reforms. IMF support will be critical in unlocking additional assistance from the World Bank, other international financial institutions, the EU, and bilateral sources.

Don't get why Italy in G-7 though.  Wasn't too stronk for last 2000 years  :)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #768 on: March 03, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »
but I blame not Putin for destabilisation.
I hope you blame Yanukowych for stolen money in Ukraine....
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #769 on: March 03, 2014, 12:35:49 pm »
+1
god damn silly eu scum.. USA USA USA :!:

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #770 on: March 03, 2014, 01:11:38 pm »
+4
All i got from this thread is tons of Russians coming in saying Russia deserves Crimea/Ukraine, tons of EUs hating on USA cuz they invaded Iraq and that means Russia and every other country should be allowed to invade atleast 1 country each and Butan going pro-Russia. And some EUs lolzing at Russian bear invading Ukraine.

Not hating on our anglo cousins :P

I just find it funny that we (UK and USA) go around the world invading countries on trumped up pretexts like WMDs and protecting ourselves then we come out with stuff like this

John Kerry, the US Secretary of State

"You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext,"
When that's exactly what we have been doing :D
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 03, 2014, 01:21:12 pm »
+2

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #772 on: March 03, 2014, 01:28:18 pm »
+3
Russia is basically chocolate chip cookie Germany in the 1930's. Racist, facist thugs ironically calling the west chocolate chip cookies. Crimea = Sudetenland. Except of course the only reason Crimea has a narrow majority of ethnic russians is because the soviets deported all the tartars, not to mention that little thing called the Holodomor that they still insist never happened or was "exagerated".

EU isn't going to do shit militarily or economically of course, the only thing Russia has of any worth (oil and gas) means they have the whole continent's balls in a vice.

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 03, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »
+1
By The Way, Dave. There are a lot of vacancies. Look on the Internet. If you have health. If you do not faint you in spirit. Get a Russian passport. And, welcome! In these works employs millions of Russians. Only, however, cars more than one year are seldom aged. But many people stronger. Why put people on their knees, throwing in other stones or shoot? Work is always more beneficial (materially and spiritually).
http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v154458300ee

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 03, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »
+2
Nobody in their right mind would go to Russia for work.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #775 on: March 03, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »
+2
economically of course

I'm sure the future sanctions will severely hit Russia on the 'wallet' -- not to mention stocks have been plummeting in Russia due to the crisis.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-03-03/bp-s-1-billion-loss-in-russia-overnight-highlights-rosneft-risk

Quote from: Business Week
“Russia as a place for foreign direct investment would be hurt by any kind of war effort,” said Jason Kenny, an oil equity analyst at Banco Santander SA in Edinburgh.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 03, 2014, 01:46:20 pm »
Nobody in their right mind would go to Russia for work.
From Finland?   :rolleyes:  However, people from Ukraine and Moldova already for a long time and a lot of work in Russia. And, believe me, they are completely healthy. In contrast to the group of the sick people like you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:52:36 pm by BIA_ivani4 »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 03, 2014, 02:01:09 pm »
+5
By The Way, Dave. There are a lot of vacancies. Look on the Internet. If you have health. If you do not faint you in spirit. Get a Russian passport. And, welcome! In these works employs millions of Russians. Only, however, cars more than one year are seldom aged. But many people stronger. Why put people on their knees, throwing in other stones or shoot? Work is always more beneficial (materially and spiritually).
http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v154458300ee

Okay, no need for your propaganda here. Everyone knows that Russia outside Moscow and Petersburg is definitely not a 3rd world country. And teachers/doctors have more than $500 monthly salaries. And also you have the best roads in Europe. Also your government and police is not corrupted at all and it's only rumours that people can even kill others and avoid the prison only by paying money.

Also Russia has the strongest army and military service grows patriotism in hearts of young Russians (no one ever tries to avoid military service because everyone likes Putin and is looking forward to serve for Mother Russia!). Here are some pics of glorious service in Russian Army:

On this picture you can see that brave Russians love muslims (Ingushetia definitely doesn't revenge for the war on its territory and in Chechnya)
(click to show/hide)

Same "Ingushetia" (also that sign with a finger is an islamic symbol there)
(click to show/hide)

Russians are so proud to serve that they are ready to show it to Sakha Republic (Yakutiya)
(click to show/hide)

Here comes Dagestan. Another completely friendly muslim nation that never helped Chechnya in the war.
(click to show/hide)

One more Ingushetia
(click to show/hide)

Dagestan again
(click to show/hide)

Friendly Chechnya!
(click to show/hide)

Azerbaijan
(click to show/hide)

Dagestan again
(click to show/hide)

Even own Russian folks are happy ignite bravery in hearts of their soldiers by making very important signs on their heads (DMB 2010 means demobilized in 2010)
(click to show/hide)

Being serious: I got bored finding more pics. The internet has shitloads of them because muslims upload them in social networks considering as something that they should be proud of. Also you can search for loads of videos where soldiers beat others just because they don't want to do stupid things.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 03, 2014, 02:11:04 pm »
+1
Could we refrain from flexing our own countries muscles over the internet? We will have time for that in our very own barracks and behind the front line if shit goes down.

If Russia didnt invade Ukraine, but unrest happened in Eastern Ukraine + Crimea, asking for a pro-russia government, I wonder what the pro-europe government in Kiev would have done... Russia took actions too fast, and maybe the people wouldnt have rioted without their action.

I think like others that people have right to show their disagreement with the country they live in (the only thing I disagree with is that they should be ready to die then, and not cry when they get shot), it would have been preferable if pro-russians had been starting the same kind of protest without the help of russia military, because it decreases the legitimacy of such protests.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:14:31 pm by Butan »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #779 on: March 03, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

a year later, the guys with the letters on their backs will write on recruits  :P

but how do you can know you're officer and not a soldier  :P