Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485473 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2014, 06:16:21 pm »
+1
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/euromaydan-falcon

what is happening?  what are those green lazers?  has the police taken half of the maydan or are those guys standing there demonstrators?  ahrg
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2014, 06:19:29 pm »
+2
On one point I actually agree with DarkBlade (hate to admit it) but the EU/US don't really give a damn about any civilians killed or war-like scenarios happening in a neighbouring country. There are rock-solid economical interests at work. Cheap labourers, a new market to sell their shit in...

Not only that. USA is half a world away, and they are not going to mess in Russia's backyard for sure, their support will remain declarative. We have all seen in Georgia example what happens to those in Russia's sphere of interest that count on Western help. They get run over, while USA and EU "strongly condemn use of force for resolving political issues".

And about EU, I've seen just how impotent and ineffective EU is in Bosnia and Kosovo, especially Bosnia. EU is a paper tiger and bureaucratic structure, unable to solve ANY serious crisis without American help. Sad, but true.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2014, 06:34:59 pm »
+1

(no use of spoilers its suppose to hit you in the face like that)

someone (or something?) planned and organised the shit happening. the people are puppets :/

edit:
Not only that. USA is half a world away, and they are not going to mess in Russia's backyard for sure, their support will remain declarative. We have all seen in Georgia example what happens to those in Russia's sphere of interest that count on Western help. They get run over, while USA and EU "strongly condemn use of force for resolving political issues".

And about EU, I've seen just how impotent and ineffective EU is in Bosnia and Kosovo, especially Bosnia. EU is a paper tiger and bureaucratic structure, unable to solve ANY serious crisis without American help. Sad, but true.

its not cus "they" are unable "they" are very very pro at what "they" do and you can be sure everything that happens is planned and organised months or years ahead.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:49:58 pm by Sniger »

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2014, 06:56:42 pm »
+3
I must say I'm rather worried about the current situation in Ukraine. What Yanukovych should have done is reach out to the opposition and hand over the majority of presidential powers to parliament, a first step towards real democracy. If protests were still to continue after that, he should call new elections. His current policy of repression will only further escalate the situation, and he has already lost all legitimacy, both nationally and abroad. I really can't see Yanukovych maintaining his position for much longer, at least not without plunging the country into chaos.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:18:57 pm by Bob_Ross »
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2014, 07:06:40 pm »
+3
Problem with that Ross is we dont know how many people want him out :P It could be a very loud violent minority rioting in the capital and he has every right to defend his position. The point is you shouldn't just take the uprisings position and assume they are fighting for their rights and freedoms and are just oppressed
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2014, 07:07:21 pm »
+1
we dont know anything at all cept what we are suppose to (think we) know

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2014, 07:17:01 pm »
+2
Problem with that Ross is we dont know how many people want him out :P It could be a very loud violent minority rioting in the capital and he has every right to defend his position. The point is you shouldn't just take the uprisings position and assume they are fighting for their rights and freedoms and are just oppressed

Even if it is a minority, it is still a large and one that simply can't be ignored. New elections, under the strict surveillance of international observers, are the only way to regain legitimacy. Democracy isn't only about carrying out the will of the majority of the population, it also involves consensus and the protection of minorities. Otherwise democracy simply becomes tyranny of the majority.
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »
+3
Problem with that Ross is we dont know how many people want him out :P It could be a very loud violent minority rioting in the capital and he has every right to defend his position.

Most of ukrainians want him out, another thing that there is only "loud violent minority" who are ready to fight and probably die for that. Most people really want him to go but would prefer him to stay rather than have civil war.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2014, 07:34:18 pm »
+1
every community is tyranny of majority. sad but true
Most of ukrainians want him out, another thing that there is only "loud violent minority" who are ready to fight and probably die for that. Most people really want him to go but would prefer him to stay rather than have civil war.

well there is no good ways for ukraine. everyone is liying and noone really cares about citizen. that how its going ... but with years of this things its became normal, as for me. and as Serr said - better this leader than civil war and anrachy.

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2014, 07:39:09 pm »
+4
every community is tyranny of majority. sad but true

That's why democracies should have constitutional limits, separation of powers, supermajority rules, and a Bill of Rights.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »
+1
Note however that what I wrote is what I see in eastern Ukraine. It may be(and probably is) really different in central and western Ukraine. I don't know how many people are supporting riots there. What you can be sure about is that there are even less people who would support Yanukovich.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2014, 08:01:58 pm »
+1
That's why democracies should have constitutional limits, separation of powers, supermajority rules, and a Bill of Rights.

It's easy for us to say things like that but when you are a prime minister or something in politics. I'm not sure if any of us can still talk like that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:11:33 pm by Xside »

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2014, 08:02:22 pm »
+1
I don't think it's been posted yet here.   :(

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #343 on: February 20, 2014, 08:04:15 pm »
+1
"loud violent minority" who are ready to fight and probably die for that.

67 did already over last 3 days. Sad.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2014, 08:12:01 pm »
+1
That's not sad, that's horrible.
And the worst thing is that I don't see good way to end it. It was possible, though very difficult, a week ago. But now.. I'm afraid it can be too late.