Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485464 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #315 on: February 20, 2014, 12:46:38 pm »
+2
This is fucking civil war, that's what it is.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:26 pm »
+1
Insane... :|

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2014, 01:37:15 pm »
+1
I never thought a european "ruler" would really start to kill his own people. I mean, I expect it from every ruler outside of north america and europe, but this is just fucked up.  :cry:

Implying a european ruler should just lay down his power when part of the population burn and shoot his shit up for random reasons.

Some of these reasons may be right, may be wrong, I'm not saying whats happening should or shouldnt happen : IT IS happening. But the "illusion" of a government that shouldnt defend against its own kind is only the result of piss poor mainstream media reports. There has been, there is, and there will be internal conflicts.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »
+1
Fuck..

Ukrainian people stay strong.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #319 on: February 20, 2014, 02:57:10 pm »
are you kidding me??? at Tuesday demonstrators wanted to capture the building of parlament! in this day some of demonstrators was using firearms, not police! in Lviv at last 2-3 days "demonstrators" was attacking and capturing  military buildings, administrative building on the western ukraine... is it democrative to attack the military building? by the soldiers codex military forces was allowed to open fire actually... but they didnt.
at last days this bunch of rebels is trying to attack and capture Kiev... yes its a civil war which was started by very agressive "demonstrators"... so what the hell are you talking about?
in all this situation I see one huge fault of Yanukovich - he is still trying to keep this in peaceful way because he is scared of foreign forces.

I never thought a european "ruler" would really start to kill his own people. I mean, I expect it from every ruler outside of north america and europe, but this is just fucked up.  :cry:
why you are not talking about dead policemen? about that man who was killed at Tuesday by angry demonstrators? why? they are not cintizen of ukraine??? they are REAL citizen of ukraine. especially policemen who died for ukraine, for the country who they sworn to prtorect.
thos demonstrators are destroying their own country capital and provoking and carring out the violence! dont you see it??? 

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2014, 03:14:00 pm »
+1
This definately looks like a beginig of a lovely civil war.

From BBC:

13:53: BREAKING: Ukrainian police given firearms and will use them in accordance with the law, says Acting Interior Minister of Ukraine Vitaliy Zakharchenko, according to Reuters.

Don't worry Dark Blade, I am sure that you will soon, together with east part of the country, be in a warm Putin's embrace. Because it's Russia that will profit from all of this.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2014, 03:18:39 pm »
+1
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/promintv

what are they discussing about?  :?:

*streamer is pretty hot  :mrgreen:

it seems a sort of a try of truce between militia and protesters...
ple someone that speak that language enlighten me :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:38:14 pm by Radament »

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2014, 03:23:26 pm »
it's Russia that will profit from all of this.
How?

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2014, 03:24:57 pm »
+1
The country will split in two, Eastern part with Krimea entering into some sort of confederation with Russia, something like Belarus. Boom, they gained half of Ukraine with majority of population.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2014, 04:16:42 pm »
+4
Both protesters and government are doing shit that can destroy our country.
Government's guilt is bigger only because it is government - they by definition are responsible for situation in country.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:57 pm »
Don't worry Dark Blade, I am sure that you will soon, together with east part of the country, be in a warm Putin's embrace. Because it's Russia that will profit from all of this.
thats why I was against maydan from the start. seems its really going to be same like about 100 years ago - Z(W)UNR and UNR and let it be. let all this collaborator scum stick in another country and sing about their heroic traiotors on another TV channels.  but the trouble is how much terriotory will be in the western side?
Because it's Russia that will profit from all of this.
and thats why russia is doing nothing but whole europe and chocolate american leader are trying to control ukrainian goverment, eh?
I dislike everything what gives a quack to me. I hate ukraine but I dislike every other country what trying to do something to my country because it will touch me apriory and i dont know any country what really care about ukraine and ukrainian citizen. all this is just politics, just social sphere.
I dislike this situation because I dont want to be in the country hated by the europe.

Government's guilt is bigger only because it is government - they by definition are responsible for situation in country.
well as you can see better all this get end at that winters night where peaceful demonstration was beaten by inhumane "Berkut".
was possible to finish it in peaceful way but leaders of maydan showed how useless they are. they had time and it was possible to finish all this but they wanted more power. and at Tuesday they started to fight inside "Rada" as it usually happens.
as I already said some time ago - Maydan wasnt made as peaceful demonstration. the target of demonstration was changing the president and government without constitutional reasons. its a rebelion and its a crime. are those actions are legal and democrative? freedom means anarchey not democracy. if you dont think so - you probably dont know what is freedom.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2014, 05:39:40 pm »
+4
The country will split in two, Eastern part with Krimea entering into some sort of confederation with Russia, something like Belarus. Boom, they gained half of Ukraine with majority of population.
On one point I actually agree with DarkBlade (hate to admit it) but the EU/US don't really give a damn about any civilians killed or war-like scenarios happening in a neighbouring country. There are rock-solid economical interests at work. Cheap labourers, a new market to sell their shit in...

Guess we all have to wait how it plays out, right? 3 likely scenarios, right? Ukraine becomes either Russian or European or they'll split it in half. Though the latter one is probably less likely to happen compared to the other two.

And what is this anyway? Some weird Arab-Spring copy?
When you take a look at Tunisia or Egypt: What did they gain with their super-uber revolution? Nothing. On the contrary, most common folks are off worse than before in both countries. Not to mention Syria. Jesus, they're royally fucked over there.

I wonder what those people on the Maydan expect to achieve or gain. Not "for the country" - which is a stupid statement in itself - but personally. Any ideas?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2014, 05:55:36 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

On one point I actually agree with DarkBlade (hate to admit it) but the EU/US don't really give a damn about any civilians killed or war-like scenarios happening in a neighbouring country. There are rock-solid economical interests at work. Cheap labourers, a new market to sell their shit in...

Guess we all have to wait how it plays out, right? 3 likely scenarios, right? Ukraine becomes either Russian or European or they'll split it in half. Though the latter one is probably less likely to happen compared to the other two.

And what is this anyway? Some weird Arab-Spring copy?
When you take a look at Tunisia or Egypt: What did they gain with their super-uber revolution? Nothing. On the contrary, most common folks are off worse than before in both countries. Not to mention Syria. Jesus, they're royally fucked over there.

I wonder what those people on the Maydan expect to achieve or gain. Not "for the country" - which is a stupid statement in itself - but personally. Any ideas?

You would have said the same about the French Revolution, or the American War of Independence. It's always a "dirty" business, to say the least, and a peaceful transition is always better. For example, if Yanukovitch actually backed down, organised elections or something like that instead of going all Tiananmen Square on the protesters.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2014, 06:10:09 pm »
+3
Some berkut forces are defecting from Yanukovich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKcG11a5HxI

and thats why russia is doing nothing but whole europe and chocolate american leader are trying to control ukrainian goverment, eh?
Except from starting all this shit by making Yanukovich Putin's bitch & giving him almost one olympiard $ for abandoning Euro integration. Sure, Russia has nothing to do with all protests. Blame evil Angela Merkel  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:14:47 pm by Segd »

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2014, 06:10:59 pm »
+1
I've read an article about protests since i don't know anything about Ukraine's politics. It's sad that i can't get enough information cause of the language.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/01/29/ukraine-and-the-rebirth-of-fascism/

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:21:06 pm by Xside »