Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485459 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #8610 on: March 19, 2015, 07:36:54 am »
The sad thing is while the (more or less) civilized world focusses on unneccessary shit like this, ISIS and friends keep cutting off development aid worker heads and blowing up world cultural heritage sites. This is something a combined effort of the world's best special forces should take care off.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #8611 on: March 19, 2015, 08:23:10 am »
Really? And what exactly is there to know about the people of Donbass and their misguided opinion of the political affairs?

What would have possibly happened to the people in Donbass if they chose not to fight and stay in Ukraine. Would have they been massmurdered? No way. Ruled by na zis? Ukr government is not fascist. Russians in Donbass would have lost a lot of their rights? Doubt it. Compared to rest of Europe, russians in Russia have actually less rights than other people in EU. They would have economically suffered? They are suffering right now and much worse. Crimea is even economically suffering, althou there is no battles there atm. And its going to suffer for atleast 10 years.

Russia doesnt care about russians, it just uses them. All russian government cares about is squarekm and being a counterpower to the West, even if it means just being straight up wrong and at the cost of its own peoples wellfare. Once again, nothing bad would have happened to people of Donbass if they stood together with Ukr.
Well new power was against Russia from the beginning, some of them wanted to remove russian language, some wanted to remove russian port from Crimea. Before revolution in Donbass there were a lot of antimaidan on the south east. It was biggest fault that new power began a war against them, but it was after visiting of USA generals. Now Donbass for a long time will be separate from Ukraine. Also if you would know russian you could see what Donbass citizens say about ukranian army.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: March 19, 2015, 10:02:09 am »
The sad thing is while the (more or less) civilized world focusses on unneccessary shit like this, ISIS and friends keep cutting off development aid worker heads and blowing up world cultural heritage sites. This is something a combined effort of the world's best special forces should take care off.
I hope you're being sarcastic.

That part of the world has been and will always be a goatfuck. ISIS isn't markedly worse than what they've had before. Any westerners getting their heads cut off there deserve a Darwin award. The Kurds are the only decent thing there, and they are getting help, especially from US veterans who were in the area.

But I'm sure if ISIS gets killed off, the rest of the Muslims in the area will embrace democracy and be virtually indistinguishable from your average westerner, singing kumbayah my lord around a cozy fire.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: March 19, 2015, 02:06:09 pm »
+1
What's worse than being kidnapped by Chechen terrorists? Being rescued by Russian Special Forces.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #8614 on: March 19, 2015, 02:45:25 pm »
What's worse than being kidnapped by Chechen terrorists? Being rescued by Russian Special Forces.
Finish humour sucks

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: March 19, 2015, 02:51:21 pm »
Well new power was against Russia from the beginning, some of them wanted to remove russian language, some wanted to remove russian port from Crimea. Before revolution in Donbass there were a lot of antimaidan on the south east. It was biggest fault that new power began a war against them, but it was after visiting of USA generals. Now Donbass for a long time will be separate from Ukraine. Also if you would know russian you could see what Donbass citizens say about ukranian army.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:39 pm »
I do not talk about Crimea, but Novorossia. Russia had a military base in Crimea, they don't have to justify their presence there. Does americans need to justify the presence of their troops in Poland, Balts, Rumania etc. ?

And to be correct, Steinmeir talked about a "dangerous propaganda". Because informations from german services are completly different from US asserts (especially from General Breedlove).
Why do you think that NATO and the USA were not invited at Minsk 2 ? Because everybody know they will try to deteriorate the situation.
It was even more obvious when they adopted new sanctions just after the cease-fire.

Tovi, can you read at least Wikipedia? You don't even have a basic simple knowledge of what you're speaking about. Do you even know where the base was? Do you know that it was (and still is, even under Russian jurisdiction) a separate region with its own local government? There were 27 IIRC regions in Ukraine, Crimea was one of them, Sevastopol was also one of them (there were only 2 city-regions in Ukraine: Kiev and Sevastopol). Nothing to say that Russian soldiers were not only forbidden to move out from Sevastopol but also from military bases at all.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: March 19, 2015, 03:11:06 pm »
Page 2 of this thread:
Recent pages Xant is either about poor Ukranians being abused by evil Russian military (suddenly he cares so much), or posting gifs compiled of selfies he's taken lately. It's amazing how much can change in 500 pages without the posts becoming any more intelligent.

I feel a bit bad for Nicko given that in threads like this everyone circle-jerks for the first pages, then gets bored of agreeing with each other and actually asks for a Russian person to give their perspective, then it's back to circle-jerking against them as thanks for being devil's advocate. Some degree of it is understandable, but getting to the point where every time Nicko says anything there are suddenly half a dozen posts full of personal attacks or generic internet memes it's amazing he even bothers. But if he didn't you'd all get bored of this thread, so show him some respect, he's kept it alive for 500 pages even if it has descended into Xant posting selfies.

Instead of a real discussion about the situation - we have a bunch of brainless clowns making this thread a misleading piece of shit. At first nobody even asked to give their perspective a million of times. One post was enough. Nicko gets this amount of personal attacks because he deserves actually much more than this. I would actually beat the shit of a person with such "point of view", I'm trying to keep it in a funny way because it actually hurts, I've lost a couple of people I know during this war, some more are wounded. And everytime this idiot Nicko or Tovi or any other says that it's a civil war like Ukrainian fascists fighting Ukrainian civilians it hurts even more because there are really many people especially in Russia who truly believe it.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: March 19, 2015, 03:35:54 pm »
I must've been thinking of a different thread where someone asked for a Russian person's perspective. I tried to find the post in the first few pages here but about 70% of the posts are Xant trying to sound like a big man (he's still doing it on the same thread 15 months later lol) and it's pretty tedious to try and find anything of value. I'll take your word that no one asked for a second opinion here.

Many people had a negative opinion about rioters on Maidan and the whole action including me and I repeated it like how many times? Though it has nothing to do with what's happening on the east of Ukraine. It's a mythical reason used by Russia to annex territories and destroy Ukraine. Have you ever thought about simple things? Okay, lets imagine those people are all local miners from Donbass (I don't even say that Ukraine never had those nationalities there), where were they during Maidan? Why didn't they fight for their opinion there against rioters with wooden shields? And they suddenly got weapons, tanks and so on to fight against regular army of Ukraine.

That's a completely different story. Russian current propaganda is a complete fascism. The way they act is just ridiculous and childish, it reminds me kindergarden when someone farted and immediately blamed someone in farting. The whole topic is just bullshit: There is no Ukraine, Ukraine is not a country, there is no Ukrainian culture, there are no Ukrainians, Ukrainian language doesn't exist - it's just a mix of other languages, Khohkly/Ukry/Ukropy/Benderovtsy (that's how they call Ukrainians), More than a half of Ukraine historically belongs to Russia (including Kiev), the rest belongs to other countries (Poland, Hungary, Romania and so on). The Ukrainian flag is considered as a sign extremism (and they don't even accept that they fight against Ukrainie) and so on, so on and so on.

Okay, lets say that jews are not the nation, there is no jewish culture and jews don't deserve their own land. And lets deny Holocaust. GGWP.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #8619 on: March 19, 2015, 04:29:49 pm »
And everytime this idiot Nicko or Tovi or any other says that it's a civil war like Ukrainian fascists fighting Ukrainian civilians it hurts even more because there are really many people especially in Russia who truly believe it.
I saw, that you just hate Russia from your posts, even when you posted a fake about russian veterans. As my grandma said most of Ukranians believe that they fight against Russian troops. So same situation. Russia media calls it civil war. I think about 25% of armoured people in Donbass are from Russia, but still 75% are Ukranians. This conflict made not only by Russia. Can Russia support separatists with weapon? Yes they can, even some businesmen can do it from Russia. Zhirinovskiy did it as I know. My aunt lives in Luhansk (Thanks she is alive), and she says opinion of the most people in Donbass. They just can't understand why ukranian army was shelling their towns, and then they see that on ukranian TV journalists say that they shelled themselves. And that was every day. You know opinion in Ukraine, I was trying to show opinion in Donbass. But I think you know it just prefer to keep silence.
And I will show protests against maidan again
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2506
  • Infamy: 2913
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: March 19, 2015, 06:13:37 pm »
+1

Special forces killed Osama and what changed? What needs to be done is USA to stop supporting oil rich countries, who are financing ISIS.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #8621 on: March 19, 2015, 06:45:09 pm »
Special forces killed Osama and what changed? What needs to be done is USA to stop supporting oil rich countries, who are financing ISIS.
USA supported Taliban to fight against USSR in Afghanistan, then they send troops to fight against Taliban. They supported opposition in Syria, who became ISIS. Now they try to fight with them. What next?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #8622 on: March 19, 2015, 07:09:02 pm »
@Nicko:

Well USSR supported lots of anti-US movements through the COLD WAR as well. Don't be an idiot please. The cold war was a long series of IDEOLOGICALLY MOTIVATED proxy wars between USSR and US. They tried to fight each other in any possible way, without fighting directly.

@Heskey

This thread would be more interesting if it were not for people like Xant and Tovi. Both just spewing their different kinds of BS..

Still though, it's a little bit scary how so many people believe the absurd notion that Ukraine can blame itself for this. You have to stand on a mountain of conspiracy theories to believe it. Of course, credit to the russian propaganda machine for making so many people believe in their shit, and probably make many more insecure about whats actually going on.

Funny thing is that this whole story has been played back before in georgia for example. Russia supporting small separatist area, to keep strategic advantages, as having a dagger in Georgia's side they can twist whenever they want.

Exactly the same in Ukraine, they have organized a situation where they can never be free. A weak, shitty Ukraine is great for Kremlin. They can get cheap workforce, as well as selling the idea that even thinking about western ideas will lead to hell. They can just point to Ukraine, and scare their own population with chocolate chip cookies...

Anyway.. The extreme polarization of opinions, no one seems to be "in the middle", is caused because RF propaganda is so insanely upside down. It's futile to buy "half of it", because you need the whole package if it is to make any sense.

Here it is:

* RF is surrounded by enemies  (NATO is not an enemy of RF. The idea of a war between RF and NATO is absurd. MAD ensures peace.)
* West is weak, corrupt, morally and sexually degenerate. (Truth is Russia is the most corrupt and oppressing - no morals country )
* The west is just as bad, if not worse than Russia for its people. (LOL, go travel to see a normal, working society Nicko, Tovi go to Russia and see for urself how shitty it is. And I don't mean the extreme poverty and differences between rich and poor. Just see how the system itself is extremely rotten. )
* Russia is not to blame for its poverty and shitty situation. (It is. You have not been able to fix your society after communism like many other countries has.)
* New gvnm in Ukraine are fascists. (This is perhaps 5% true and 95% untrue.)
* Russians in Ukraine was under threat. (Simply, no. But yes there was some anti-russian sentiment, considering a lot of people was sick of following the Russia way, and they had a corrupt, useless president that was nothing more than a russian puppet in the end. Also considering ex-presidents poisoned by russian agents in the past. Yes.. considering the past. Not strange at all.  Still, most people had nothing against russians or russian language. )
* If west can do as it likes, then so can russia. (None of them should.)
* CIA snipers/UKR shooting down MH17 kind of sentiment. Totally unproven BS taken from thin air.

----- In the end though, I'm curious of the first emotion of Russians when Ukraine was about to slide away. Was it humiliating? Are you happy your president took action? What did you FEEL? (I think this is interesting..)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:15:34 pm by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #8623 on: March 19, 2015, 07:25:52 pm »
@Nicko:

Well USSR supported lots of anti-US movements through the COLD WAR as well. Don't be an idiot please. The cold war was a long series of IDEOLOGICALLY MOTIVATED proxy wars between USSR and US. They tried to fight each other in any possible way, without fighting directly.
Syria too?
* The west is just as bad, if not worse than Russia for its people. (LOL, go travel to see a normal, working society Nicko)
Did I say something about EU society, seems you missed something, and all other things you wrote are just trolls from internet

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #8624 on: March 19, 2015, 08:15:15 pm »
Tell me what you felt when green men took crimea Nicko.

Putin supports Assad because it is the only ally of RF in the middle east.  I also root for Assad, but for entirely different reasons, the main one being that the alternative is ISIS and other insane religious groups.

US, under their retarded media pressure, supported the maniacs, but most of the weapons and money was given by equally religious maniacs from Qatar and aligned countries.

In the end, you cannot compare Syria and Ukraine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.