Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485513 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6270 on: September 07, 2014, 03:16:40 pm »
+1
you mean the terrorist, russia is not involved.  :wink:

No, he meant the anti-fascists freedom fighters  :wink:

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #6271 on: September 07, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »
you mean the terrorist, russia is not involved.  :wink:
terrorists beat fascists, terrorist now russia, russia won XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #6272 on: September 07, 2014, 04:24:34 pm »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: September 07, 2014, 04:48:22 pm »
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftherussiantimes.com%2Fnews%2F12541.html&edit-text=

Finland is Hong-Kong. Right.

They need to put down the Vodka
Hahaha, this shows the level of Russian journalism perfectly. "Finland wants to join Russia." Uh... no.... it was a single member of the fourth biggest party sarcastically remarking that joining Russia would be as good as joining Nato. But hey, I guess FINLAND WANTS TO JOIN RUSSIA.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #6274 on: September 07, 2014, 04:56:39 pm »
+1
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftherussiantimes.com%2Fnews%2F12541.html&edit-text=

Finland is Hong-Kong. Right.

They need to put down the Vodka
Hmm I think the original article is from March 2013, just about big Finnish corporations and how they should invest in Russia and use the Russian market, not about being a part of Russia. I guess they have just read the head-line and misunderstood on purpose. So the article isn't really an answer to economical sanctions for Russia :P.

Rest of the quoted people have nothing to do with it and are wackos anyway. Awesome journalism.

Here it is if you can get anything out of it by translating

http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/jutut/mielipide/puheenvuoro/voisiko-suomi-olla-venajan-hongkong/

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #6275 on: September 07, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »
Ahahaha, good find Elmuri

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #6276 on: September 07, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »
Captured Ukrainian POW spills the beans on foreign mercenaries amongst the Ukrainian regime's forces.

As I said previously, both sides are playing dirty.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9f7_1410094833

But of course, video evidence isn't enough for those raised on anti-Russian propaganda on this forum.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:23:39 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #6277 on: September 07, 2014, 06:23:27 pm »
Captured Ukrainian POW spills the beans on foreign mercenaries amongst the Ukrainian regime's forces.

FYI: Mercenaries have been around for...10k plus years. It's a legit job. You fight for someone and they pay you(more than regular troops) and if they stop, you leave.

So, they are not mercenaries in that sense. What they are is a People's Volunteer Army.

Though, i guess the "modern" version of a mercenary is a PMC.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: September 07, 2014, 06:26:17 pm »
FYI: Mercenaries have been around for...10k plus years. It's a legit job. You fight for someone and they pay you(more than regular troops) and if they stop, you leave.

So, they are not mercenaries in that sense. What they are is a People's Volunteer Army.

Though, i guess the "modern" version of a mercenary is a PMC.

Many may go over to volunteer for battalions in which the soldiers are meant to receive a monthly wage. Essentially they crossed the Ukrainian border, joined the battalion and are now paid cannon fodder for the Poroshenko regime. I didn't state they were professionals, although I wouldn't hold much doubt that paid professionals are also being utilised in the conflict by both sides.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: September 07, 2014, 06:30:43 pm »
You want to make me cry? Because that's how you make me cry. BTW - you are a liar, why should ANYONE listen to you? But if you keep insulting my friends in Ukraine calling them naztees - I WILL CRY, I GUARANTEE IT!

Oh, and Butan - I know full well, that this might be a fake. Problem with that is that there is a bunch of journos, who got this message and somehow I do not feel like they would be tweeting it, if it was not from "usual" or "known" source or deserved significance due to some other reason. I take this with a pinchpile of salt anyway. Whole ceasefire business is not going to hold, because russians don't have Mariupol+land route to Crimea at the very least, and there is this guy http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/05/russian-ambassador-anticipates-liberation-of-mariupol-in-ukraine who says that these people need to be liberated... so.
Ces't la vie (pardon me french  :? ).

Oh, and some lying German MP obviously... can someone from Germany confirm, that she is a know liar please?

http://www.interpretermag.com/ukraine-liveblog-day-201/#4168

I am a liar? Where have I lied?

I don't call your "friends" na azi's unless they are na zi's then the deserved to be called just that, and there are many of them, (maybe not so many now, after being obliterated) amongst the Kiev regime's armed forces.

Also, please tell me why are you crying? Are you crying for the civilians being murdered by the Kiev regime, or crying for the neo na zi columns now turned to ash by the separatists grad systems in Mariupol?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: September 07, 2014, 06:48:19 pm »
+1

But of course, video evidence isn't enough for those raised on anti-Russian propaganda on this forum.
How is Ukraine "playing dirty" even if they have foreign mercenaries? Or are you honestly naïve enough to believe that most soldiers sign up because of their undying patriotism? How does it matter at all whether Ukraine has "foreign" soldiers on its paylist to fight Russians?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: September 07, 2014, 06:59:10 pm »
How is Ukraine "playing dirty" even if they have foreign mercenaries? Or are you honestly naïve enough to believe that most soldiers sign up because of their undying patriotism? How does it matter at all whether Ukraine has "foreign" soldiers on its paylist to fight Russians?

Because some people believe they have the moral high ground in lambasting the separatists for taking on Russian, Chechen and other volunteers and accuse these volunteers of being Russian soldiers, although still provide little to no evidence to support this assertion. Hiring foreign fighters, especially along political lines is dirty, underhand and not in line with the Geneva convention, of course the Geneva convention has been completely disregarded by the Ukrainian regime in Kiev anyway so they might as well continue right? And who cares about international law, not NATO/West that's for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Mercenary_Convention

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: September 07, 2014, 07:24:29 pm »
+1
Because some people believe they have the moral high ground in lambasting the separatists for taking on Russian, Chechen and other volunteers and accuse these volunteers of being Russian soldiers, although still provide little to no evidence to support this assertion.

Way to completely misunderstand the situation here (it's not like you ever show any understanding of anything anyway). The problem is not that there are Russians and Chechens in the separatist forces. The problem is that separatist forces are Russians and Chechens, and the few locals are for show. These aren't freedom fighters but rather a foreign invasion force.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: September 07, 2014, 07:49:16 pm »
Because some people believe they have the moral high ground in lambasting the separatists for taking on Russian, Chechen and other volunteers and accuse these volunteers of being Russian soldiers, although still provide little to no evidence to support this assertion. Hiring foreign fighters, especially along political lines is dirty, underhand and not in line with the Geneva convention, of course the Geneva convention has been completely disregarded by the Ukrainian regime in Kiev anyway so they might as well continue right? And who cares about international law, not NATO/West that's for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Mercenary_Convention
"Some people" have the moral high ground because Russia is invading Ukraine, and having Russian soldiers fight for the "separatists" proves that. And yeah indeed, who gives a fuck about some international law about mercenaries? All soldiers are mercenaries, saying anything else is just play-talk.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6284 on: September 07, 2014, 08:00:54 pm »
Besides, how many armed forces are active for the Ukraine right now? 10k? 20k? 30k?
To be honest, I don't know, doesn't really matter any way.
Let's assume 10k Ukrainian solders. 500 are Nazis. Wow, 5%... let's panic. They have all to be Nazis then, right?

Murmi, you can shake hands with the likes of Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyne and Panos. They make a fuzz cuz Norway has 2.5% Muslims and you generalize a whole states apparatus as Nazis cuz some random wankers act up.

But yes, you know a lot of things cuz <random reason> and we judge things with our brain feels. :lol:

Moving on...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.