Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485505 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #5685 on: August 16, 2014, 09:04:26 pm »
my favorite is still this one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the picture says Simferopol but the video was made during the riots in Kiew. (unfortunately, the news report and the viedeo are long gone.)

but i have found this one, this was a few days after the "not so russian" gunmen have showed up
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqI5gTZjXz0[/youtube]

a nice little PR stunt. both times the message was the same "right sector is coming, you need protection".

They claimed that those soldiers were special forces, but yes before they denied it to prevent more conflict. Anything else? If you say that they lie more then russian propoganda then I want moar Xant moar.

special forces? that seems to be a central issue, a not thought-out cover storys. well, even the USA have this problem (see Iraq war 03).
back to to the special forces, at the first thought it sounds somewhat plausible, but at the second thought not anymore.

what prevents aggression more, when i know that my opponents are a bunch of untrained militias orwhen they are a group of professional soldiers?

then a more recent event, the russian aid convoy. personally, it looks like another PR action to me, then again the second thought.
the aid itself comes from a unnamed/unknown organisation. thats sounds a bit fishy, is it so hard to come up any name ( i mean even "ministry of emergency situations" will do the trick here)?

there are 287 trucks, mostly half loaded, because to have some spare vehicles if a couple of them break down.
after a while this makes no sense. trucks and drivers cost money, a lot of money for help organisations which exist mostly from donation (well, it can be state founded but it is still a waste of resources).
if you really need some spare trucks, then two or three should be enough and not 100.

at the third  thought, maybe the real reason for the inconsistence is another PR stunt. now it looks like russia wants to help the people in east-ukraine but is stoped by the ukrainian government.
so in the end you still have the aid, gained some positive karma points by the population of the east ukraine which hates the government in kiew even more now.
but i think i am quite paranoid here.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #5686 on: August 16, 2014, 09:30:20 pm »
Interesting Mala, where did you get the info that 100 trucks are empty. I can't find that info, only on Ukranian sites, can you give links. Or you meant that they must be full loaded in 140 trucks and have 2-3 empty spare vehicles? If so then it seems like really PR

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #5687 on: August 16, 2014, 09:55:33 pm »
DonNicko

As per your request for how the russian media lies:
I recommend you research Serr and DaveUKR in previous posts. Both have done an admirable job of convying info from the UKR side. Dave is Russian(descent) and you might find his info more appealing, but he is very nationalistic(now) thanks to this conflict.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #5688 on: August 16, 2014, 09:58:38 pm »
DonNicko

I recommend you research Serr and DaveUKR in previous posts. Both have done an admirable job of convying info from the UKR side. Dave is Russian(descent) and you might find his info more appealing, but he is very nationalistic(now) thanks to this conflict.
Thanks, I know about russian propoganda, and know about western one. I requested another thing, but doen't matter now

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #5689 on: August 16, 2014, 10:01:11 pm »
+1
Thanks, I know about russian propoganda, and know about western one. I requested another thing, but doen't matter now

Just saying DaveUKR did a very good job debunking several Russian Propganda biased BS.(with links, facts, etc)

But that stuff is buried in this good ol' 300+ page thread(longest on forum, or near it now).

Also, NUKE THE MIDDLE EAST, all the worlds problem will End forever!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: August 16, 2014, 10:29:42 pm »
Just saying DaveUKR did a very good job debunking several Russian Propganda biased BS.(with links, facts, etc)

I'm jelly, I dont have anyone coming here and saying I did a good job  :cry:

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #5691 on: August 16, 2014, 10:38:46 pm »
DonNicko

1. there are enough ukrainians in DRZ so he is much closer to those things than you think.
2. its not like i dont know why, but i want to read why exactly you didnt count me?  :wink:

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #5692 on: August 17, 2014, 02:21:31 am »
1. there are enough ukrainians in DRZ so he is much closer to those things than you think.
2. its not like i dont know why, but i want to read why exactly you didnt count me?  :wink:

you post very little.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #5693 on: August 17, 2014, 02:35:35 am »
pls tone it down xant..  :rolleyes:

other than that, interesting article by editor of moscow times. (True, but a bit apologetic in its purpose)
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/04/western-media-coverage-ukraine-crisis-russia?commentpage=1

Other than that I recommend checking out http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinion/

Russians probably see them as horribly pro-west, but I find them interesting, as their pov seems to be something between west and east, although more western than eastern. And they are based in Russia, so less BS. They seem to be cool-headed.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #5694 on: August 17, 2014, 08:49:08 am »
If you would have asked russian citizens that before Ukr crysis, you would have gotten a list of shitton of countries from every single person for sure. Even if you asked them the same question after Ukr, quite sure that list would still remain the same.

lol
 I'm ordinary  russian citizen can you give me example of list  or something?  :)
Now I see. You are not any better than Tovi. Just on other side.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: August 17, 2014, 09:15:22 am »
pls tone it down xant..  :rolleyes:
Please suck a dick, Thomek.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: August 17, 2014, 09:33:26 am »
Interesting Mala, where did you get the info that 100 trucks are empty. I can't find that info, only on Ukranian sites, can you give links. Or you meant that they must be full loaded in 140 trucks and have 2-3 empty spare vehicles? If so then it seems like really PR

Not fully empty, but there have been lots of photos and reports from those who have been shown the trucks that many of them only had a little goods stacked up relative to the truck's capacity and were mostly empty. It seems strange, why bring so many trucks but so little goods? Could be they just wanted to make the convoy look more impressive by adding more trucks, but I dunno, might be something else behind it as well.

Here's one example: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28799627
Don't.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: August 17, 2014, 09:44:17 am »
lol
 I'm ordinary  russian citizen can you give me example of list  or something?  :)
Now I see. You are not any better than Tovi. Just on other side.

How am I not better than him? I dont make any random conspiracytheories and basically deny all the most obvious facts whenever they dont support my ideology. That was a sentence based on my opinion. You are an average russian, you cant honestly tell me that your media isnt concentrated on making Western countries look like your enemies in the eyes of your public. Ive basically seen quite a bit of russians and id say roughly 70% of them would pretty much be willing to support Russia in whatever it wanted to invade, nomatter what the reason is. Im quessing yea, you guys and your friends wouldnt, but you cant honestly say that there isnt shitton of people in your country that would.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:56:02 am by Tibe »

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #5698 on: August 17, 2014, 11:53:56 am »
You are an average russian, you cant honestly tell me that your media isnt concentrated on making Western countries look like your enemies in the eyes of your public.
Negative things - yea, but not enemy.  Same thing on West side.

I don't know where you are getting your information but "every single person for sure has a list of..." - bullshit.
Everyday I see something like that

every person from the West hates russians?  I don't think so.   

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: August 17, 2014, 11:56:33 am »
Also I think I found Tovi in another forum :lol:. Just read this shit, its pure gold:
(click to show/hide)
http://english.pravda.ru/world/ussr/13-08-2014/128268-boeing_crash_ukraine-0/

Man english pravada is one of the worst shit ive ever read in my life. Good god, it has no other news besides "the west is evil" news. All if its news is offensive agressive anti-west. It really is amazing. Other Russian pages dont seem much better. All basically concentrated on hate. Open CNN or some other western news site, its got other things to write about, mybe a few news about how Russia is bad here and there but mainly other things. My own countries news has mybe 2 new news on Russia and even those are relatively on the neutral tone.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:00:37 pm by Tibe »