Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485640 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #5235 on: August 04, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »
This thread as nothing to do with being anti-russian, and everything to do with sympathizing with the Ukrainian people who had enough of corruption and russian dominance. (the two goes hand in hand)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: August 04, 2014, 05:28:25 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Simply by encircling but not fully assaulting Donetsk and Luhansk is basically cutting them off from food and ammunition and confining them to a smaller area. Dunno if this is true but the army said that their positions got bombed near the border by the russians. If by any chance this is true, than they are making the right call, cause otherwise they would lose soldiers for nothing cause they cant fire back at the russians for obvious reasons ofcourse. If its not true, than yea, I dunno why dont they just cut off the border.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:07:38 pm by Tibe »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: August 04, 2014, 11:03:30 pm »
I'm a little surprised why the Russian or the terrorists have not yet been bombed OSCE mission or EU commision on crash site  :?

Because they're not at the crash site since it's not possible to go there without risking getting shelled.
Don't.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #5239 on: August 05, 2014, 05:31:54 am »
+1
27 000 Russian tourists stranded abroad as travel company collapses after economic sanctions
this is unlikely due to the sanctions, looks like an common scam. We had  the same  in the previous years  :P

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #5240 on: August 05, 2014, 06:36:54 am »
+1
this is unlikely due to the sanctions, looks like an common scam. We had  the same  in the previous years  :P

Have a better article.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28637794

Have to say after a second read that the euronews one is shit.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: August 05, 2014, 07:42:23 am »
Have a better article.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28637794

Have to say after a second read that the euronews one is shit.

This article is even more wild mess of facts unrelated to each other )
Labyrinth cooperated with Orienburg  airlines, which if I'm not mistaken is not affected by the sanctions, and furthermore took the transportation of "Dobrolet" that really hurt.

By the way, our government right now is thinking about closing the aviation area for western airlines XD
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:55:16 am by Vovka »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:32 am »
One thing I don't understand from military point of view, and I would really appreciate if someone would explain it to me.

Looking at the map, I don't understand why UKR army is focusing on encircling directly Donetsk and Luhansk. I expect this would be followed by an attack to those cities.

The most logical thing would be, IMHO, to concentrate to cutting off border with Russia. In doing so they would be able to use planes, tanks, artillery and whatnot, because there would be no fears of rebels using human shields or protecting themselves in basements and buildings they would in Donetsk and Luhansk. And at the same time, it would mean effectively cutting off both of these cities, since food and ammunition are definately coming from across the border. Eventually if the border is firmly held, they would have no choice but to surrender. Urban warfare, as proven here in former Yugoslavia, is a nightmare for the attackers, even when they don't give a shit for lives of civilians.

I am sure there is a logic behind what UKR army is doing, but I don't get it. If someone would explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Russians brazenly use artillery around 10 miles into the Ukranian border or something like that. Its what that Russian soldier nerd kept tweeting photos of himself doing, he was an artillery crewmen bragging about shelling Ukraine soil in between selfies. And if Ukraine does anything to silence those batteries, it would be a perfect propaganda tool for Russians to escalate the intensity of their involvement in order to preserve supply lines over the border. So it looks like Ukraine is working on creating pockets from their side of the territory for mini envelopments while struggling with seperatists being resupplied and rearmed with heavy weaponry and advisors.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: August 05, 2014, 07:27:18 pm »
+1
This article is even more wild mess of facts unrelated to each other )
Labyrinth cooperated with Orienburg  airlines, which if I'm not mistaken is not affected by the sanctions, and furthermore took the transportation of "Dobrolet" that really hurt.

By the way, our government right now is thinking about closing the aviation area for western airlines XD

It will hurt your government and country more than the west.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #5244 on: August 05, 2014, 08:23:30 pm »
+1
Didn't you know, that what does not destroy you - makes you stronker! Like... DRINKING VODKA! Thusly - russians can drink stronkest and muchest vodka (or samagon, or odekalon).

In other news -  https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rebel-fighter-speaks-against-east-ukraine-separatist-leaders-125523159.html#CCsVRLU .

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: August 05, 2014, 09:11:47 pm »
+1
In other news -  https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rebel-fighter-speaks-against-east-ukraine-separatist-leaders-125523159.html#CCsVRLU .
no news is better than this trash  :P

Hot news. From our source that confirms our source we learned that the Russian group of patriots (we can not name them for security reasons) is going in the evenings at the apartment (we can not call address for security reasons), they drink whiskey and sing all night insulting songs about Putin and Medvedev.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #5246 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:00 pm »
+2
"Separatists bomb themselves" Kiev says

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #5247 on: August 06, 2014, 07:04:16 am »
Ukranian troops cross the border into Russia to save their lifes, about 400 troops have already crossed the border. Russia helps them and sends back to Ukraine, where they will be judged for desertion. Ok let's listen what Jen Psaki thinks about it

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:11 am »
Anti-russianism would be "There are so many russian alcoholics, they must be weak-willed to succumb so easily to the bottle".

Anti-russianism isnt limited to that, and even if it was just about blaming russian alcoholism, then there is plenty of anti-russians in this thread :lol:
Anyway, its not like I was waiting for you guys to confess in public, within your own circlejerk, that you are all too busy trying to find anything to call names on Russians in a thread where they are the main villain.

Both blocks are pretending the opposite, with no care for how it impacts their population. Their people are even almost happy when they hear unemployment or bankruptcy is increasing abroad.
It looks like cold war 2, except that you replace the arms race with economical sanctions race: who will collapse the first?

On the warfare part, as long as Ukraine keeps struggling internally and Russia/EU/US doesnt involve themselves in more than unconventional warfare, there should be no worldwide consequences.
Nothing says it doesnt go up a notch in the future though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:09:36 pm by Butan »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #5249 on: August 06, 2014, 12:03:23 pm »
+1
One thing to consider:

Living standard in Russia drops 150%. What happens? Support to Putin drops maybe 10-15% and nothing else.

Living standard in (insert name of democratic Western country) drops 10-15%. What happens? Government falls, social turmoil, general strikes, support to right wings grows etc.

What I am saying is that Russia can dish less than the West, but it can take a hell of a lot more.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!