Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485577 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #5100 on: July 30, 2014, 06:24:42 pm »
Nicko tell me exactly how is Kiev's power illegal? Seems quite legal to me. Kicked the corrupted president out because he refused to give up his position, people voted democratically, the one who people voted for won. Seems quite legal to me. Even russians deemed the elections to be fair before the war with the separatists began. Donensk is the real illegal power in the area. Half the people in charge in Donensk arent even Ukrainian. Fucking Alexander Borodai and Igor Girkin arent even from Donensk or any other part of Ukraine. They dont or even ever have lived in Ukraine. How can they rebel against something that they were never even a part of to begin with?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:30:35 pm by Tibe »

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #5101 on: July 30, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »
Nicko tell me exactly how is Kiev's power illegal? Seems quite legal to me. Kicked the corrupted president out because he refused to give up his position, people voted democratically, the one who people voted for won. Seems quite legal to me. Even russians deemed the elections to be fair before the war with the separatists began. Donensk is the real illegal power in the area. Half the people in charge in Donensk arent even Ukrainian. Fucking Alexander Borodai and Igor Girkin arent even from Donensk or any other part of Ukraine. They dont or even ever have lived in Ukraine. How can they rebel against something that they were never even a part of to begin with?
Ok, I don't talk about Poroshenko, but seems he is also smbd's puppet. How it was, maybe smbd can correct me, the agreement on settlement of political crisis in Ukraine — the document signed on February 21, 2014 by the president of Ukraine by Victor Yanukovych and leaders of parliamentary opposition with mediation of representatives of the European Union. Signing of the Agreement was urged to stop mass bloodshed in Kiev and to put an end to the acute political crisis which has begun in November, 2013 in connection with the decision of the Ukrainian authorities to suspend process of signing of the Agreement of association with the European Union.

The agreement on settlement of political crisis was signed by the president of Ukraine Victor Yanukovych and leaders of opposition Vitaly Klitschko (Strike party), Arseniy Yatsenyuk ("Batkivshchyna") and Oleh Tyahnybok ("Freedom"). As witnesses of signing Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Germany and Poland — Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Radoslav Sikorsky and the head of department of continental Europe the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the French Republic Eric Fournier (фр acted. Éric Fournier). The special representative of the president of the Russian Federation Vladimir Lukin participating in negotiations, refused to put the signature under the agreement.

The agreement provided return to the constitution of 2004, that is to a parliamentary presidential government, early elections of the president until the end of 2014 and formation "the governments of national trust". Also the termination of violence and delivery by weapon opposition were provided branch of security forces from the center of Kiev.
So in fact Yanukovych has already given up. Then there was armed revolution, not all maidan, that was made by forces of Praviy Sector. So where that was legal? New authorities didn't reject this revolution, they accepted it and started to put their people on state positions in all regions and firing previous ones. Well Maybe I missed something

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: July 30, 2014, 07:17:57 pm »

How is the motive behind the successful maidan movement related to the legality of its outcome, the new regime?
People voted democratically, AFTER the old one was forcefully and illegally removed, and not all regions voted, and those who did were logically in the mind to not elect any Russian friendly president (none presented themselves under that banner anyway, smart politicians even switched political parties!).
Leaders of a rebellion can be from a different country, it will be an argument against them from opposing forces, but those that follows them do it for their own reasons, same as in all rebellions. I would be more picky if it was a leader from a totally different part of the world, but as you may know this whole "affair" is because ethnic russian living in Ukraine are not as welcome as before; even a russian not living in Ukraine can understand and want to help (or be directly sponsored/commandeered by Putler; added this for less Kuujis quote-answer).

Donetsk auto-proclaimed republic is illegal, but if they succeed in creating a new country, and organize an election, will it will become a legal power?

A successfull rebellion/revolution/war = legal power that is legitimate?
An unsuccessfull one = illegal power that has been served justice?

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: July 30, 2014, 07:46:48 pm »
+1
Ive basically explained all this to you before but okay, lets circle once again:

How is the motive behind the successful maidan movement related to the legality of its outcome, the new regime?
People voted democratically, AFTER the old one was forcefully and illegally removed, and not all regions voted, and those who did were logically in the mind to not elect any Russian friendly president (none presented themselves under that banner anyway, smart politicians even switched political parties!).
Leaders of a rebellion can be from a different country, it will be an argument against them from opposing forces, but those that follows them do it for their own reasons, same as in all rebellions. I would be more picky if it was a leader from a totally different part of the world, but as you may know this whole "affair" is because ethnic russian living in Ukraine are not as welcome as before; even a russian not living in Ukraine can understand and want to help (or be directly sponsored/commandeered by Putler; added this for less Kuujis quote-answer).
Ofcourse it was forcefully and illegally removed. The old government was basically totally corrupt and the president was embezzling statemoney and was holding on to his power with great determination. And the fact that ethnic russians living in Ukraine are not as welcome as before is once again Russias own fault. Had it not given Ukr so much shit and let Ukr go, no person would have held a single grudge on a single russian. Again its kinda similar to Baltics. When Russians and Baltic governments were on the negotiationtable and indepence was discussed. Kremlins main bullshit explanation was that once they move their troops out of Baltic the ethnic russians are gonna get  the shit discriminated out of them and almost refused to give us indepence cause of that. Now its been like over 20 years and nobody has been discriminated(mostly). The minorities are quite happy here. And we have even more rocky history and less things in common with russians than ukrainians. So I think if Russia dicked Ukraine less the russian minorities would hardly even sense a change at all. The more Russia and Donensk push Kiev the more anti-russian Ukraine becomes.

Donetsk auto-proclaimed republic is illegal, but if they succeed in creating a new country, and organize an election, will it will become a legal power?
A successfull rebellion/revolution/war = legal power that is legitimate?
An unsuccessfull one = illegal power that has been served justice?
Theres a massive difference between the two and you know that yourself. Stop playing dumb. Ukraine's main goal is to be an independent country. Donensks main goal is to be annexed by Russia or totally controlled by it. Alexander Borodai and Igor Girkin are basically Russian agents. Look it up they really are. If Donensk was a truly rebelling country wanting independence, I think majority of the world would be happy with that(publicly anyway). But the rebellion in donensk is nothing but a form of annexation. So its hardly suprising majority of the world frowns deeply at Russia for trying to claim lands for itself practically at the center of Europe.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:59:30 pm by Tibe »

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #5104 on: July 30, 2014, 08:03:26 pm »
I don't need to watch eastern infos. Just watch Ukraine TV :

That's exactly the way all pro-Kiev are acting here.

That's fascism.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: July 30, 2014, 09:08:31 pm »
Didnt see your past answers, maybe it was directed to someone else?
Anyway dont take it personaly, I appreciate debates too much for my own health :wink:

The old government was basically totally corrupt and the president was embezzling statemoney and was holding on to his power with great determination.

Only Yanukovitch corruption was proved, and that was AFTER the movement was over. It began on the "usual" accusation of corruption that all opposing forces always uses for such movements to increase their legitimacy.
You believe the new government is totally pure and uncorruptible? How do you know? If I start a movement today, and it fails to remove the old power forcefully, even though we have the proofs that the new regime is as corrupt as the old, where is truth and where is legality having a place?
Both movements were/are illegal and based on assumptions/lies.

And the fact that ethnic russians living in Ukraine are not as welcome as before is once again Russias own fault.

How is ethnic russian ukrainian responsible of Russia diplomacy with Ukraine and other states?

Ukraine's main goal is to be an independent country.

Because if a part of Ukraine becomes a new country or join another, Ukraine will lose independance?

Donensks main goal is to be annexed by Russia or totally controlled by it.

If thats what the new legal and legitimate government of Donetsk wants, how can you legally intervene in the decision process?
I also remind you that many "demands" have been processed to the government of Kiev since the first days of the revolt, and it the list included far more than just "being annexed to Russia", not even "becoming new country". Ask serr or dave what has been the various demands and he will give you more details than I could.
Why has the list become more "extreme"? Being called terrorists and actively warred on could have influenced, or maybe the demands gradually increased to push to the limits.

If Donensk was a truly rebelling country wanting independence, I think majority of the world would be happy with that(publicly anyway). But the rebellion in donensk is nothing but a form of annexation. So its hardly suprising majority of the world frowns deeply at Russia for trying to claim lands for itself practically at the center of Europe.

If by any chance, the only demand had been to become a new independant state, it would still have been deemed a move to create a puppet state or something alike, rinse and repeat, world diplomacy would not have supported it.

My opinion (its far too rare that I express it directly :P) is that, if you deny Russia involvement, eastern ukraine uprisings have as much legitimacy as maidan, and as much reasons they should succeed.
Russia is polluting the rebellion with its own ideals, and probably manpower, and thus depriving it from having a much needed popularity boost, be it from their own population, and worldwide.

Maidan was a very long and warry siege of a part of the Ukraine capital and had, at the end, a hundred dead. They fought to change the course of their country to become more european centered.
The eastern ukraine revolt is not yet over, has been longer than the maidan occupation and has claimed more than tenfold lives. They are fighting to change the course of a corner of their country to become more russian centered, even totally Russian.

I dont see any moral highground.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:16:55 pm by Butan »

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:35 pm »
+1
New and legal? I dont understand how you arent getting it. Ukraine needs that to be whole again. It is ukrainian soil. Borders exsist you know. You cant annex lands based on the principle that if your minority overpopulates the native population they can pretty much decide to rip appart from its original country via elections and join another one. Thats not how politics work you know.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #5107 on: July 30, 2014, 10:04:37 pm »
A warn :

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #5108 on: July 30, 2014, 10:31:52 pm »
A warn :

nah, terrorist attacks it's a murica trick but not ua
The easiest way to ensure coming NATO forces it's a capture the crash site of Boeing, bring here more recruits and European Commissions, and then shell them all with "Grad", and leave at the crime scene St. George's ribbon, a bottle of vodka and two gunlayers with a tattoo Putin face on his chest XD

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #5109 on: July 30, 2014, 10:35:17 pm »
Only Yanukovitch corruption was proved, and that was AFTER the movement was over. It began on the "usual" accusation of corruption that all opposing forces always uses for such movements to increase their legitimacy.
Not really, it wasn't usual accusation of corruption and it wasn't corruption how you probably understand it.
It was more of robbery - impudent robbery of businesses. Some had to pay tributes, some just suddenly lost their companies by some strange court decisions. When Yanukovich(mostly his son) or his henchmen already had company in some sphere - their competitors suddenly were stopping due to constant inspections or for some other reasons. And it wasn't behind scenes, it was obvious, everyone could see it, yet noone did anything. Before maidan started...

How is ethnic russian ukrainian responsible of Russia diplomacy with Ukraine and other states?
Who told you that ethnic russian have any problems in Ukraine? People here don't care about ethnicity, never did. Russian symbolic is another matter, if you walk down the street with russian flag - you will likely get in trouble, but who force you to do foolish things?

Because if a part of Ukraine becomes a new country or join another, Ukraine will lose independance?
As leaders of rebels told many times - they won't stop on two regions, their goal is Novorossia - 8 regions, almost half of Ukraine.
Another thing... About religion. While many, probably most of rebels don't care about religion, their leaders are orthodox fanatics, which make them more dangerous.
And I don't agree with Tibe, this isn't form of annexation, Russia doesn't need those regions, Russia need week Ukraine torn apart by civil war.
We can't just stop war and let them hold what they have now - they will wait for some time, get from Russia more heavy weapons including aviation and attack us to get what they think is rightfully their.

About DNR... For russian speaking(or try to google translate it) - read this http://icorpus.ru/za-chto-srazhaetsya-opolchenie/
This is not fake, that's their official site, it was many times confirmed by leaders.
Would anyone want to have neighbor like that?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:45:42 pm by serr »

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: July 31, 2014, 08:28:54 am »
As you see it began without any armed people)

Yeah, and the demonstrations were small, and it lasted only days before they started raiding official buildings with armed groups.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/world/africa/ransoming-citizens-europe-becomes-al-qaedas-patron.html?emc=edit_th_20140730&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=58377820&_r=0

Bitch please, nobody asked Oman to pay that ransom.
Don't.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #5111 on: July 31, 2014, 08:50:16 am »
Yeah, and the demonstrations were small, and it lasted only days before they started raiding official buildings with armed groups.
Where did you get  this? where you saw that demonstrations were small? And where you get info that it was only days before? Please Okin show me your sources please, becasue seems I missing something.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: July 31, 2014, 09:04:34 am »
It's not like I've memorized all the news links from five months ago, but photos, video, articles -- it was pretty clear there were never anywhere near as many people in the streets in the East as in Kiev, and it took a very short time for them to start capturing administrative buildings and police stations. Same in Crimea, they went very quickly from just protesting to capturing the regional parliament. I don't know why you're even trying to challenge this, it's common knowledge. Just do a bit of searching (outside Russian media maybe) and you can verify it for yourself easily enough.
Don't.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
« Reply #5113 on: July 31, 2014, 10:00:43 am »
It's not like I've memorized all the news links from five months ago, but photos, video, articles -- it was pretty clear there were never anywhere near as many people in the streets in the East as in Kiev, and it took a very short time for them to start capturing administrative buildings and police stations. Same in Crimea, they went very quickly from just protesting to capturing the regional parliament. I don't know why you're even trying to challenge this, it's common knowledge. Just do a bit of searching (outside Russian media maybe) and you can verify it for yourself easily enough.
Common knowledge lol. Ok, this demonstartions began from the first of the March and capturing buildings started in the center of April, so if you think that 1 and half mounth is few days then OK. It is not clear about amount of people on Maidan and on the East, some days this amount were bigger on Maidan some days on the East. It's common knoledge and pretty clear that this what weren't shown on your photos and videos.
About Crimea yes it was very quick. Somebody captured state buildings there right after revolution, and there wasn't any reaction from Kiev for a week, so Russia took this region.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: July 31, 2014, 10:13:50 am »
+4
and there wasn't any reaction from Kiev for a week, so Russia took this region.
:lol:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.