Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485787 times)

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #4020 on: May 15, 2014, 11:36:35 pm »
did you guys see the video of the ukranian's getting sniped?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #4021 on: May 15, 2014, 11:39:46 pm »
Ok, I admit, I have some informations. But let's talk about yours : Let me see... "Putin is the new Evil Axis, let's do some shit".  I think it's a pretty good résumé of your media's propaganda. Have you anything else ?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: May 16, 2014, 12:51:34 am »
Ok, I admit, I have some informations. But let's talk about yours : Let me see... "Putin is the new Evil Axis, let's do some shit".  I think it's a pretty good résumé of your media's propaganda. Have you anything else ?

I don't think you understand. Nobody here wanted to intervene in Ukraine before and during EuroMaydan, and I still don't see where is the evidence that the western governments turned a student protest into a putsch-machine armed to the teeth. It just sort of happens that now it's a necessity to help the country not getting sudeten'ed. Georgia and Crimea are already terrible precedents for stability in the region.

Because else they are going to be instantly annexed in the next few days, WW3, communism-fascism-war-on-terror fear? You know, all the things we can read on this thread and everywhere in the free world about Russia and other baddies  :o

What are you trying to say ? Nothing happened to Ukraine ?

Or you dont link those events to whats happening with Ukraine?  :P

It seems you don't.

Everyone is forced to take a side, we must unite against UIF IRL!

It's a necessity for Russian neighbors until the expansionism stops. When I play EU4, small countries around me also tend to form coalitions pretty quick.

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #4023 on: May 16, 2014, 03:53:32 am »
Today the civil war starts, the army of 30000 east protesters will atack national guard.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #4024 on: May 16, 2014, 04:46:38 am »
I don't know bout that, seems that the regular people are finally done with this farce.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/world/europe/ukraine-workers-take-to-streets-to-calm-Mariupol.html?hpw&rref=world&_r=0

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: May 16, 2014, 05:17:03 am »
Biggest employer in Eastern Ukraine use his large working force manpower as anti-demonstrator police backed by government: a farce indeed.

Nice organisation if they manage to quell the unrest this way, but even if they win and the anti-Kiev go underground (either literally or not), the hundreds of deads arent going to be forgotten tomorrow. The divide already happened... even if Putin doesnt try to use it.

I dont see the movement dying in one day, maybe its the beginning of a new phase?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:24:50 am by Butan »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: May 16, 2014, 07:21:15 am »
This was NATOs chance to prove they can do few shits and they blew it hard. Crimea was lost anyway, they should have sent troops and tanks into Donensk at an instant. The separatists would have layed down their arms or been severely demoralized to create further chaos and the situation could have been contained. They are brave, but they arent suicidal. Now you got these guys rising up all over Ukr cause they know Kievs troops wont be shooting at them a lot and NATO is busy picking its nose. The separatists are oldfashioned folk, from what ive gathered, u can make whatever the hell treaties u want with them, but unless u dont have fighters flying ontop of them and armor driving through their streets u wont gain their respect and nothing will stick.

And the russians advance would have surely been permanently stalled aswell.This isnt war(yet anyway). Both big players on the board dont want their troops killing eachother so it comes down to whoever drops their troops down to the area first gets it. Nobody unfortunately cares about the casualties of the ukrainians, but kill a few nato or russian troops and the shit would hit the fan bigtime to whoever is responsible. Sure russians would have been superpissed, but they are pissed now anyway. They'l just fabricate a reason to be pissed incase there isnt one.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: May 16, 2014, 07:54:49 am »
+3
Huh? This is none of NATO's business. Ukraine is not a member. They couldn't have sent troops there.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #4028 on: May 16, 2014, 10:23:05 am »
Huh? This is none of NATO's business. Ukraine is not a member. They couldn't have sent troops there.
And you, telling them what they could or could not do, are who? It's not unprecedented, that NATO sends in peackeepers, although in this case - it would not be a good idea, because there would be too much tension and too easy to stage provocations and similar shit.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #4029 on: May 16, 2014, 10:41:04 am »
+2
:P  my old friend nxnxnxnxnxn

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: May 16, 2014, 10:59:23 am »
And you, telling them what they could or could not do, are who? It's not unprecedented, that NATO sends in peackeepers, although in this case - it would not be a good idea, because there would be too much tension and too easy to stage provocations and similar shit.
Uh... what? I'm the voice of fact and reason. Proof? NATO didn't send in troops. NATO member states would never approve just sending in troops for shits and giggles there. Which is why they didn't send in troops.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: May 16, 2014, 03:17:19 pm »
If Ukrainian force cant "shoot too much" at them, NATO can "shoot a bit more" since they dont share blood/relative/nationality, but then you forget that they arent member of NATO (YET...) and that a "peace-keeping" foreign force would probably light more fire than there is already, and even if they manage to stop the outbreak of violence by sheer intimidation/counter-violence, there will still be many problems to deal with afterward.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: May 16, 2014, 03:36:18 pm »
I don't know bout that, seems that the regular people are finally done with this farce.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/16/world/europe/ukraine-workers-take-to-streets-to-calm-Mariupol.html?hpw&rref=world&_r=0

Stop spam!  :P Or are you just over-joyous about late events?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #4034 on: May 16, 2014, 03:40:27 pm »
+2
"Stop spam!" Says Butan.

Oh the irony.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!