Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485990 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3780 on: May 10, 2014, 11:34:40 pm »
I'm not sure what you wanted to say by this link. Yes, the city of Tskhinval was damaged, yes the South Ossetia has not their own economy ('cos pre-2008 economic model was based on the relationship with Georgia), and they live at the expense of subsidies from Russia. But still people/politics of that land don't seem to yearn for Georgia. And there is no solution, but to force them to return into Georgia by a military force at the moment. We could talk about how it would be great if they were together, but the South Ossetian part actually just don't want that. What's there to discuss then?

You asked if they were liking it. I posted some facts (and only facts in so much as the sources are true). Didn't make a comment, but, it's 2014 almost 6 years after a 1 month(I believe) war. 6 years and they are entirely dependent on Russian Military Expenditures and Russian Aid. In addition, most of their own Manufacturing is down, while domestic food supplies have gone up massively.

Of course, I'm a very unsatisfied individual. I work 50 hours a week so that I can get ahead. Most people are content to work 40(or less) if they can get by. To each their own.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1673
  • Infamy: 125
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: May 11, 2014, 12:09:01 am »
You can't go to war without enemies, which is exactly the point of being a single geopolitical entity, ruled by laws and not by bully power.

Do you truly believe in that or just trolling?

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3782 on: May 11, 2014, 02:05:40 am »
+1
So essentially this whole shebang might end with a unified human race? Got to ask  :P which superpower would you prefer to win the ultimate world war?

Nippon!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: May 11, 2014, 06:37:46 am »
+7
a dispute need two sides to exist.
Oh yeah, just like a rape needs two sides to exist. Butan continues to amaze with his dumber than ever statements.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #3784 on: May 11, 2014, 07:02:47 am »
I didn't start this war and I saved some people and got shot. Are you laughing at me?
Do YOU see anything funny in defending a country which sent you to get injured in a pointless conflict? SHOULD I laugh?

I'm not sure what you wanted to say by this link. Yes, the city of Tskhinval was damaged, yes the South Ossetia has not their own economy ('cos pre-2008 economic model was based on the relationship with Georgia), and they live at the expense of subsidies from Russia. But still people/politics of that land don't seem to yearn for Georgia. And there is no solution, but to force them to return into Georgia by a military force at the moment. We could talk about how it would be great if they were together, but the South Ossetian part actually just don't want that. What's there to discuss then?
Things to discuss there is how russia staged this whole "we want independence", then put their own man in the head of government and sent in "peacemakers". Note - there is a distinct difference between generally accepted and appreciated peace keepers and russian "peace makers".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:07:09 am by Kuujis »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: May 11, 2014, 07:22:23 am »
+2

When I read that my reaction is : thats the worst you can conjure Saruman?

Reading between the lines, I can see why Russia reacted so badly, as much as Latvia causes for those measures (and vice versa, Russia agressive diplo and Latvia reaction). This + all the historical background result in hostile relationship, ok, but I dont see how Russia is 100% guilty of it... a dispute need two sides to exist.

Wat? Dude that is pretty retarded. What Russia is doing in the Baltics is technically rape. I dont see us trying to destabilize Russia. All we ask is that they respect our territorial sovereignty. Which isnt the case. When it comes to the Russian goverment, they treat us like inferiors and if u think im overexagerating I assure u, I am not. Like blunt barbarians that they are, they dont try to even hide that fact. If we let the russian speaking minorities rise out of control and we wouldnt be in the NATO we would basically be the next Crimea. They call our goverments fascist and our people dogs basically on a daily basis. And they make up shitton of official reports of how hard it is for russian minorities to live here since we are super fascists and have no regard for human rights. Like official reports with 0 facts in them. All based on nothing. Since by every other report on the planet we are not facist and we have an extremely high regard for human rights. Significantly higher then Russias.

Seriuslly Butan. Tell me. How the fuck do you negotiate with these people? Cause our politicans are stumped. They look for agression and I personally think they consider us as some temporary countries that will quite soon cease to exsist.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3786 on: May 11, 2014, 10:28:43 am »
USA is a major factor of Instability in Ukraine: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/04/26/moving-closer-war-paul-craig-roberts/   (by Paul Craig Roberts, American Economist)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: May 11, 2014, 10:38:31 am »
No it's not. USA has nothing to do with the instability in Ukraine.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: May 11, 2014, 10:50:58 am »
USA is a major factor of Instability in Ukraine: http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/04/26/moving-closer-war-paul-craig-roberts/   (by Paul Craig Roberts, American Economist)

:lol: Dat link. I loled hard. Someones been watching too much NTV.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: May 11, 2014, 11:22:25 am »
So essentially this whole shebang might end with a unified human race? Got to ask  :P which superpower would you prefer to win the ultimate world war?
Israel  :twisted:

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3790 on: May 11, 2014, 11:39:00 am »
:lol: Dat link. I loled hard. Someones been watching too much NTV.

I don't know what is NTV. But it's fun to see someone laughing at reading a journalist from Wall Street journal...  :shock:
Anyway, ok, your brain seems damaged by TV, I won't judge you.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: May 11, 2014, 12:09:51 pm »
+1
I don't know what is NTV. But it's fun to see someone laughing at reading a journalist from Wall Street journal...  :shock:
Anyway, ok, your brain seems damaged by TV, I won't judge you.

The fact that he is a Wall Street journalist doesnt prove his statements to be correct. His got no facts whatsoever to back his claims on any of this bullshit his writing. I read about this guy a bit. His literally soooooo anti-US its almost comical. He has been against just about everything US has ever done. It really is remarkable. Either he is seeking for attention or he is the one being bought with bags of money. I mean this shit his writing here is the exact stuff that the Kremlin claims. He only left out na zis, so it wouldnt be too oblivious. But other then that its remarkably similar.

Good god Tovi. How can u take this link seriuslly? Are u really this braindead.... I mean this is just....I dont even..... Fucking hollow earth theory is less laughable than this!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: May 11, 2014, 12:36:31 pm »
+2
Wat? Dude that is pretty retarded. What Russia is doing in the Baltics is technically rape. I dont see us trying to destabilize Russia. All we ask is that they respect our territorial sovereignty. Which isnt the case. When it comes to the Russian goverment, they treat us like inferiors and if u think im overexagerating I assure u, I am not. Like blunt barbarians that they are, they dont try to even hide that fact. If we let the russian speaking minorities rise out of control and we wouldnt be in the NATO we would basically be the next Crimea. They call our goverments fascist and our people dogs basically on a daily basis. And they make up shitton of official reports of how hard it is for russian minorities to live here since we are super fascists and have no regard for human rights. Like official reports with 0 facts in them. All based on nothing. Since by every other report on the planet we are not facist and we have an extremely high regard for human rights. Significantly higher then Russias.

The smallest/weakest pro-NATO states on the border of Russia feel threatened, and are pushed to side with anything that looks like it will give them an edge against them, which feeds the hate machine from both side. An argument need two side to exist, whatever is the power balance/political agenda.
Except groundless accusations of destabilization and diplomatic insults from extremists, what has Russia done for the last 20 years? Answer, nothing. OK, you fear its the beginning, but thats not really an argument.

Seriuslly Butan. Tell me. How the fuck do you negotiate with these people? Cause our politicans are stumped. They look for agression and I personally think they consider us as some temporary countries that will quite soon cease to exsist.

Your answer is in your post and in ptx post : make laws for and not against the russian part of the population, and seek more military/commercial agreement than just NATO and Europe... But I think its already far too late for that and you gave them the stick to hit you, now its just a matter of whether they want to pick the stick up, since Ukraine situation gave precedents to using the russian population as a tool for expansion.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3793 on: May 11, 2014, 12:41:58 pm »
what has Russia done for the last 20 years? Answer, nothing.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tomas_Miles_again

• Earl
  • Renown: 317
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
  • Game nicks: None anymore
« Reply #3794 on: May 11, 2014, 12:48:58 pm »
Israel  :twisted:
I'd rather not. Israel hasn't got a great track record of treatment of non-Jewish people. I'd prefer someone more secular...