Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485946 times)

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3435 on: May 04, 2014, 02:34:25 pm »
+1
While it is true that Russia wanted to keep Ukraine on a leash, you're a bit overreacting. If you come to Serbia and ask random person what he thinks happened in last 25 years, he'll tell you that "western world" deliberately ruined the country because it was too strong and they couldn't handle it any other way (slavic supremacy yo!)

Reality is that, while government can be rotten, people are to blame too. Most of you forgot that Ukrainians aren't that much different than Russians and that giving them democracy, won't implant them work ethics of German people or put them in a position to become leading world country in years to come. If Ukrainians were superior to Russian people (and not pretty much the same kind of people) as some of the comments imply, then none of this would happen. Smart people would fix the issue a lot sooner. Only when you have huge uneducated majority this happens.

What really frightens me is that even random folks like you Thomek, know that very well, but are sticking to it just because you want to see NATO base in Ukraine. Just because you want Russia to burn. If this community thought me something, is that you guys always say one thing while thinking something completely different.

I dont get your point Leshma. Why would anyone who thinks that Putin-Russia coused much interference in Ukraines politic should automatically be for NATO and Western-Supremacy??? I think its very well a coherent opinion to think that Russia did couse most of the trouble Ukraine is faced with now and also think that Ukraine should be independend. People should be strong enough to counter western attempts to buy-off the country as well as russian manipulations.

This opinion comes from a believe, where Europe and Russia could be friends. But that seems out of reach now  I admit. I think Putin messed this up and ruined the possiblity of good Euro-Russian relations. And no, I dont think we can blame US for this - I believe its a mess Putin created himself.  And furthermore I think only big difference from Russian people to others is theire history and that they can take more Vodka then others.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:42:50 pm by Eugen »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3436 on: May 04, 2014, 02:53:14 pm »
+1
I bet that knight/warrior is Vovka
no, rather dat brave man with radio  :P

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: May 04, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Reminds me of Donetsk first protests, except that the overwhelmed side was the pro-EU guys and they were not doing anything.

(click to show/hide)

Are you really being surprised why they made a shieldwall facing that way though? Since the pro-RUS guys doesnt seem to be the winning side, nor do they throw shit directly on the cops, they orientate the shieldwall against the biggest threat, else they would have made a turtle or just backed off.
It could be that the police in the sector are with the pro-RUS people too, like many other policemen/soldiers who were sent to "deal with the terrorists", its not impossible they were turned against the pro-Kiev. But its more probable they just had orders to protect those that were the most heavily attacked, shielding civilians from projectiles. Police doesnt necessarily use its offensive weapon as a mean of stopping violence.

You could tell more of the story? Your link give access to hundreds of photos, there must be more to it than your summary  :P (obviously)

I will add that I dont think starting a trend of using the shortcut RUS for pro-RUS is really helpful, you will confuse many simple minds.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:17:24 pm by Butan »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3438 on: May 04, 2014, 04:35:11 pm »
+1
I will add that I dont think starting a trend of using the shortcut RUS for pro-RUS is really helpful, you will confuse many simple minds.

He already solved that issue at the end of his post.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #3439 on: May 04, 2014, 04:46:04 pm »
+1
Reading that several hundred pro-rus activists attacked a police station on Odesa demandig the release of people arrested yesteday
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #3440 on: May 05, 2014, 10:16:53 am »
That guy in the medieval helmet is taking larping to a whole new level.  :D

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: May 05, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »
Shoulda seen the medieval enthusiasts at maidan  :P

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #3442 on: May 05, 2014, 03:32:50 pm »
When Assad attacks protesters the Western world is angry but when Ukraine does it it's okay?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2297
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: May 05, 2014, 03:49:29 pm »
Recently, things have changed in military industry. China stopped their collaboration with USA (NATO) when it comes to developing their own "superfighter". Now they get most parts they can't produce themselves from Russia. India and Russia also have joint venture in developing superfighter. Pakistan as well. No wonder USA/NATO decided to put extra pressure on Putin last year (Syria) and this year (Ukraine). Putin stopped being nice little drunk Russian boy and re-started work that has been done by USSR for decades. They again started producing weapons that are on par with USA latest offerings.

Right now doesn't seem like new Cold War have started yet, but it has already started last year.

Next conflict will probably emerge in middle east. It may sound strange, but it could easily become a war between Iran and rest of muslim countries in the area that are supported by USA. Iran is currently on Russian side of conflict.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3444 on: May 05, 2014, 04:52:31 pm »
[...] They again started producing weapons that are on par with USA latest offerings. [...]
No surprise there. When China is involved, we're talking about the exact same stuff since copy and paste is their speciality.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 211
  • Infamy: 2359
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: May 05, 2014, 07:12:12 pm »
In other news...

Iran bans WhatsApp because of link to 'American Zionist' Mark Zuckerberg

Seems unrelated to this topic but it is related. They used the same language as Putin. It's obvious they are allied and what is their cause. Putin himself recently mentioned that internet is made and controlled by CIA and that he plans to detach Russian internet from american root servers.

@Molly: Well Russian design always had certain advantages to american made stuff, such as being more reliable under harsh conditions. But agree that Chinese are just copying, as always.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #3446 on: May 05, 2014, 07:38:49 pm »
+1
It's the same with every technical development:

2 items of a similar product group have pro and con when compared to each other. Stating that Russian stuff is better than Murrican stuff is very likely not true.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: May 05, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »
Stating that Russian stuff is better than Murrican stuff is very likely not true.

Whether generally or locally, this statement is not true at all times, or you need to add non-russian stuff in here too.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #3448 on: May 05, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »
In other news...

Iran bans WhatsApp because of link to 'American Zionist' Mark Zuckerberg

Seems unrelated to this topic but it is related. They used the same language as Putin. It's obvious they are allied and what is their cause. Putin himself recently mentioned that internet is made and controlled by CIA and that he plans to detach Russian internet from american root servers.
Not sure if ironic or just clueless how internet works...

I think russian mafia, which are feeding from illegal internet money, will create a revolt in russia if putler turns of their pr0n downloads... True story.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: May 05, 2014, 07:45:27 pm »
I think russian mafia, which are feeding from illegal internet money, will create a revolt in russia if putler turns of their pr0n downloads... True story.

Not too far from your average posting actually.