Author Topic: Gloria Victis  (Read 13914 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Gloria Victis
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2016, 02:04:18 am »
+2
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2016, 05:03:43 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »
Looks about as much fun as a cactus condom.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2016, 10:46:47 pm »
I hope they didnt patch that hilarious bug that made me + Taser exponentially more powerful the longer we were in the server xD

As your faction takes settlements on the map, you get small passive bonuses to crafting chance, small % bonus to damage and health and stamina etc etc. On only 1 of the servers, we realised eventually that rather than these bonuses disappearing as the settlements were lost, they persisted so that everytime we lost and retook a settlement our bonus would increase. The best part of this being that the multiplier was applied on top of the previous multiplier (unlike the other servers) so we did end up with roughly 100x more health and stamina than we should have and ended up rambo-ing a castle full of stupidly strong AI on our own...

Sadly we disconnected and when we respawned there it turned out the bots could 1shot us...

Haha I remember that. We had like 2k health and a ton of stamina. Took forever to kill those bots but we did it until there was one left in the tower but my archery was shit and it just tanked every arrow I shot which was doing a pitiful amount of damage anyway. Then we lagged out then reconnected and got rekt.

Was funny though. I was hoping we'd take it and laugh as we owned a strong as hell place through sheer glitch power.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2016, 08:15:16 pm »
+1
http://steamcommunity.com/app/327070/discussions/0/350533172679655172/

BartoldGV  [developer]   Jun 8
[OFFICIAL] HEADSTART! Read for details
Greetings!

We have a pleasure to announce that the servers have been successfully wiped! We invite every player who already has access to the game to join the headstart – you can already join the game using your current accounts.

With the Steam Early Access launch each current player will earn a Steam key allowing to add Gloria Victis to the Steam library. As some users may experience slow download when using our launcher, we highly recommend to run the game using Steam when it is possible, as it will offer much faster download with a guaranteed bandwidth.

Moreover, in response to numerous requests of our players, we are setting up new servers for Eastern Europe, South America and Oceania regions to allow more users to play comfortably.

UPDATES

Hotfix was applied - please run launcher to update the game files. Textures and infinite loading should be already fixed. Thanks for patience!

Due to Steam policy, current players will receive Steam keys to their dasbhoard (http://gloriavictisgame.com/user/panel) at the Early Access launch. Thank you for patience!

See you in battle!

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2016, 06:39:18 am »
and Oceania regions

WAT

this literally never happens, might actually be playing this game after all!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2016, 12:50:53 am »
On early access now. Good?

Looks like the OKAM

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2016, 01:00:32 am »
game is still crap, laggy and weird jumping animation not even talking about strange ass melee combat. It needs shit ton of work untill it becomes decent
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2016, 09:11:15 pm »
+2
Yeah I have been trying it out recently and I have a feeling this game isn't going anywhere, I've had fun with it, but for 2 years in development I don't think they have any fucking idea about what they even wanted the combat to be like, or if they can actually make a decent combat system at all.

Even if you removed the lag from combat, you're still left with a bland combat system that has retarded mechanics. The only block breaker ( kick ) is next to useless against anyone that has half a brain, it is easily avoided due to its slow nature and the speed at which you can back pedal and block. If you hit someone that is blocking, you get staggered, giving them a free hit on you, let's remember there is no such thing as block directions, you block everything just holding block, blocking without a shield does require a little more thought, but you basically can block constantly when you are in melee range of your enemy.

Now, you combine both the useless block breaking kick and the effect of being staggered when hitting a blocking opponent, then what you see among the competitive fights where people are scared to lose one or two imaginary items, are people that will beck pedal constantly while blocking, easily able to avoid any kick attempts. This means you can chase them trying to kick them forever and probably failing, or you will get fucking bored of doing that and swing a hit at their block that will stagger you and hope you can stumble out of the way of their attack or just get fucking hit, then they will go back to blocking and running away until you get bored again, or of course you could also play the same and reenact Gandalfs final battle with the Balrog where they fought for two days until Balrog got bored of holding block and Gandalf rekt him.

I've rekt some of these guys that play like this, but it was honestly a very drawn out and boring affair and made it painfully obvious how the combat in Gloria Victis punishes aggressiveness and favours being a "hold block backpedaling" fairy leaving combat with little fluidity. I have tried to bring this issue up in detailed posts, along with the issue of being able to fire UNBLOCKABLE high damage arrows point blank into someones face even as they are hitting you with a weapon repeatedly, yet most of the few replies consist of a Fanboy saying "it's fine you're just bitching" without any real argument or explanation to their opinion.

With such a brown nosing and passive community that is so content with having this shitty combat system with dog shit mechanics, I can imagine this game is never going to really go anywhere, as the devs seem clueless on what good mechanics are they will think it's fine as the majority of players seem to do so too. I am going to play that game some more with the intent on making other players playtime as awful as possible by being really fucking annoying and boring to fight, then when I get bored I will just check in every few months to see how much the game has progressed to its inevitable death, which I believe is inevitable considering the game is mainly based on PVP, yet the PVP mechanics and design are dogshit even after 2 years.

/rant

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2016, 05:07:11 am »
/rant

sums it up perfectly; the community is full of your classic MMO crafting grinders that don't actually care about the extremely bland and flawed combat system, and the devs don't seem interested in adjusting the combat at all because of this

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2017, 01:48:36 am »
http://steamcommunity.com/games/327070/announcements/detail/261609914173950216
So the animation and combat update are 90% done which is good to hear. Not sure if they are adding directional blocking but it looks like they are adding a chambering/parry mechanic.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2017, 09:03:09 pm »
Quote from: Fiore;133263024015536981
Quote from: Propell;133263024015298807
Nice are they changing mechanics or just animations?
Both - directional blocking is being added, as well as the pace of the fighting. With directional blocking, there are different levels of success, such as perfect and imperfect blocks - both giving different results. It is also more focused on the weapons rather than the exact positioning of your whole character.

It is not necessarily an animation change; it is more of a combat overhaul. You will be seeing Gloria Victis 2.0. :)
PENDULUM

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2017, 10:42:29 pm »
+4
New gameplay trailer, looks like the animation/combat update is close. See you guys there 😀.
PENDULUM

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2017, 03:23:01 am »
looks like the animation/combat update is close.

How close? "soon"?  :wink: Good to see they're finally making big changes in the combat department. I hope it fixes the ridiculous desync problems present in the current system. Will definitely check it out when it's patched.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2017, 05:48:54 pm »
How close? "soon"?  :wink: Good to see they're finally making big changes in the combat department. I hope it fixes the ridiculous desync problems present in the current system. Will definitely check it out when it's patched.
Soon is NOW! http://steamcommunity.com/games/327070/announcements/detail/3062859752406260447
PENDULUM