Author Topic: What the hell is wrong with you swedes?  (Read 6575 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: What the hell is wrong with you swedes?
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 11:23:33 am »
Many might disagree with me now and call me extreme. But I consider Sweden's punishment for crime too lenient and a joke. Firstly, the number of years given for serious crime are too few. Like those involved in the armed helicopter robbery who got 2-4 years prison, or the many cases where rape and violence is barely punished. Secondly, the months or years they spent in prison aren't really that punishing. This is the result when you google Swedish prison: Swedish Prisons. Just like Student dorm rooms in my opinion. Now, I have never spent time in prison to know what it's like, but access to free food, gym and TV (and computer?) with a solo dorm room doesn't sound that bad. Hell, I've even heard they get better food than kids do in our schools.

We treat our criminals better than our homeless, and millions around the world can only dream of swapping place with a Swedish prison-inmate. And if I ever end up homeless the first thing I'll do is commit some non violent crime to just end up in prison, Free everything bitches.

I'd personally like to see stricter penalties for crime, bringing back capital punishment and deporting foreigners who commit serious crimes within a 10-20 years after immigration. Now I'll stop ranting since my post is becoming too long.

Imo the prison system in Sweden is great. I would just be more strict to very violent crimes where the inmates were deemed dangerous for the enviroment. Other than that , I may be naive or idealistic, but i truly believe in reforming people and not keeping them in prison for cheap labor profit or putting them in fucking isolation where they would become insane.

I dont live in Sweden, but from what limited, perhapse biased, information i do get, the bigger problem I see is integration and assimilation. Why is there such a loose immigration policy? If you lack labor i understand, but if the reason is that political correctness has you by the balls, thats wrong.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login