Author Topic: World War 2 written by Winners?  (Read 9971 times)

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
Re: World War 2 written by Winners?
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:56 am »
+3
Because you'll just get written off as a troll, or people will actually believe you seriously react like this given any negative news:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 09:55:57 am »
Of course, and thus proving my point that any criticism of the government-enforced view will be dismissed without giving it due consideration.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 11:36:11 am »
Ok i watched a few parts of the Video i posted, and i tried to check the facts, from what i checked now everything seems to be fine, But its shown from one perspective , which is dangerous,  under aged kids and retards could missunderstand this, i can understand why neo-chocolate chip cookies like this video, but thena gain neo chocolate chip cookies are stupid, they admire einstein , but they dont even understand einstein.

I personally can advise educated people to watch this video it shows  another perspective, which for good reasons isnt shown to the publicity. (if you watch you will understand)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:34:22 pm by Muunilinst »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 12:11:03 pm »
I admire einstein too.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 02:55:21 pm »
+1
Your desperate trolling attempts are really getting boring Xant.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »
That's a shame because I live to entertain you... oh, wait, no I don't.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 04:51:13 pm »
+1
Some quote from Teeth calling Xant a cunt
It's funny that you quote that seeing as you're 100% the kind of person who calls people who make anti immigration statements chocolate chip cookies.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 06:14:50 pm »
Well i dont really know Xant, if hes trolling or serious, so maybe its pointless to write , anyway.

There is actually a lot of stuff to admire about einstein, his speaking abilities for example. Ofc there is a ton of  stuff not really to admire...
He was not a complete retard , he pulled out the german population out of the most miserable years since the creation of Germany, the financial crisis and the versailles treaty which made the germans suffer as never before. With his speaking skills and his charisma (or manipulation, whatever u wanna call it) he pulled Germany out of this. im letting out the following actions of him.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »
It's funny that you quote that seeing as you're 100% the kind of person who calls people who make anti immigration statements chocolate chip cookies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh look, Xant's little sidekick! :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 07:43:13 pm »
+1
Well i dont really know Xant, if hes trolling or serious, so maybe its pointless to write , anyway.

There is actually a lot of stuff to admire about einstein, his speaking abilities for example. Ofc there is a ton of  stuff not really to admire...
He was not a complete retard , he pulled out the german population out of the most miserable years since the creation of Germany, the financial crisis and the versailles treaty which made the germans suffer as never before. With his speaking skills and his charisma (or manipulation, whatever u wanna call it) he pulled Germany out of this. im letting out the following actions of him.
Dunno about his speaking abilities, but for me the most impressive thing about einstein is that he was able to come up with the theories of relativity and special relativity in his study, just by thinking about how things would work if he had to build the universe.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 08:41:54 pm »
aight that was a clear  answer

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:07 pm »
People love something new as long as it isn't something new that contradicts a politically correct view.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:21 pm »
+2
Germany was solely blamed for WW1 to happen in the first place (this is probably still being teached in school, at least here in germany) and this lead to the treaty of Versailles, imo the 3. Reich wouldn't have happend without the Versailles treaty at all. Btw Germany paid the last reparations for WW1 in 2010..

The book is basically taking the blame from Germany spreading it over all the countries involved, which did many books before ofc, but mostly unrecognised/ignored by historians and the media.

The way I learnt about it in the UK, it spreads the blame comfortably everywhere. I've also read a good few best selling novels that do the same. I've rarely read books that pin the blame on Germany solely. Interesting that in Germany they teach that.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 09:42:52 pm »
+4
They don't teach that in Germany. Probably depends on the teacher and school level but usually it is broken down as a result of the late imperialism with almost everyone involved being responsible.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 09:52:49 pm »
+1
The way I learnt about it in the UK, it spreads the blame comfortably everywhere. I've also read a good few best selling novels that do the same. I've rarely read books that pin the blame on Germany solely. Interesting that in Germany they teach that.
Exactly, over here they teach spread responsibility and a certain inevitability which makes Germany not look much or even any worse than the other countries involved, and have been teaching such a view since forever. Are you sure they teach full German responsibility in Germany Nubert? Very surprising indeed.

I have actually recently read an article which provided an account that Germany actually purposefully aimed at a large, protracted and destructive European war, mostly based on evidence that appeared after the fall of the Soviet Union. Which I thought was challenging the contemporary view. Sadly it isn't freely available, it was quite interesting and had some good points.

Edit: Oh yeah this is all about World War One just to be clear.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:00:57 pm by Teeth »