Author Topic: A MANDATE FROM THE GOBBLIN KING : A CAMPAIGN TO LIBERATE THE DIPLOMACY FORUMS  (Read 10048 times)

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
Re: A MANDATE FROM THE GOBBLIN KING : A CAMPAIGN TO LIBERATE THE DIPLOMACY FORUMS
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 07:04:08 pm »
+2
I really am in a singular position to be balefully obstinate should I choose to do so. Which is worse: playing into whatever it is the GOBBLINs want, which probably means more action in the game in the long run, or sitting pretty in a nigh-impregnable fief just because I can? And to what end in the latter case? Faction identity? Personal pride? Continued complacency?

As much as the past defenses of New Dhirim were legendary (though not in a positive way{unless you're talking KDR!}), seeing it used as a gigantic middle finger just to try and get some more lopsided defenses in our favor doesn't sound nearly as fun as being the tool of some kind of whackjob visionary invader-king.

Canary,

Your choice is of course your own. Personally,  I would not like my own faction to be bullied into one position or another. Certainly not bullied into vassalage by such a jackanapes. (No offense Duravian  :wink: )  You are welcomed to read the diplomatic rp letter I addressed to all nobles of calradia in my last post, as it would of course pertain to your current situation. Hope you come to a decision you feel is best for the honor of your clan.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
Re: A MANDATE FROM THE GOBBLIN KING : A CAMPAIGN TO LIBERATE THE DIPLOMACY FORUMS
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »
Hoc just gave the realm 3 days of feasting(XP) and entertainment, are we safe from the Goblin king's wrath?

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 07:22:15 pm »
+1
Canary has been given the chance to provide the NA community with fun and XP, or the chance to turtle inside his fiefs until the end of time strategus. By joining the realm of the GOBBLIN KING, he and his clan will be part of a faction that actively seeks a fight rather then the turtle and trade simulator that most clans seem to be playing nowadays. As an obligatory GOBBLIN post:

BOW BEFORE THE BLACK TIDE THAT IS SWEEPING CALRADIA CHOPASS PEOPLES
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:31:55 pm by Phantasmal »
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 07:42:20 pm »
+3
Canary has been given the chance to provide the NA community with fun and XP, or the chance to turtle inside his fiefs until the end of time strategus. By joining the realm of the GOBBLIN KING, he and his clan will be part of a faction that actively seeks a fight rather then the turtle and trade simulator that most clans seem to be playing nowadays. As an obligatory GOBBLIN post:

No doubt he can. He can also choose to march out and meet the Gobblin hordes in the field.  More than one fun option to choose from.  Either way, there will be xp flowing freely I suspect.

Offline GandalfJr

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Cleveland
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »
+1
Saxones Is Under Your Command
balls are like boobs

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 10:26:05 pm »
+2
Saxones Is Under Your Command

You shame the name of Gandalf!  Refer to the following clip for instructions on how someone calling himself "Gandalf" should respond to a scrotum beard Goblin King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOX_oeikDJY

:)

And as Thalion points out, one also gets xp from bravely fighting the goblins. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:36:08 pm by Lethwin Far Seeker »

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 11:45:14 pm »
+4
Wait.. if Canary gives into the GOBBLIN KING'S demands then does that mean we are free from the oppressive forum moderators?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:48:20 pm by Gmnotutoo »

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Wait.. if Canary gives into the GOBBLIN KING'S demands then does that mean we are free from the oppressive forum moderators?

Doubt it.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
+4

No, because Canary is not Kalam.
-idlewind

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
+1

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
take cup's village
Nova Amere is too shit to capture
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
+2

But if Canary capitulates to the GOBBLINs that would mean no xp until the GOBBLINs go attack someone else... it would also mean CHAOS, FUPA, LCO, Frisia and at least some of Astralis are all supporting GOBBLIN KING along with a few other people from all over... I hope I'm not the only one who would see that as being counterproductive to the GOBBLIN goal of saying "fuck you" to the current NA bi-polar power system. Twould be hard to shake things up if everyone supports him.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Twould be hard to shake things up if everyone supports him.

Can a faction member attack another member of their faction? Not as in "is it allowed", but can it be done? Because I know I became a GOBBLIN with the idea that eventually, when all were GOBBLIN, we'd just attack eachother, driven as we are by bloodlust. Hell, probably before then, if the moment is right. Like attacking fellow gobbo Gay 4 Pay, who has 100 lightly armed men, just to be a dick. I mean, I haven't thought about doing that today or anything.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Can a faction member attack another member of their faction? Not as in "is it allowed", but can it be done? Because I know I became a GOBBLIN with the idea that eventually, when all were GOBBLIN, we'd just attack eachother, driven as we are by bloodlust. Hell, probably before then, if the moment is right.

I don't think you can... I haven't tried but whenever I see a fief transfer to get a fief away from and AFK dude... the attacker always has to leave and make a new faction in order to do it.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
+2

But if Canary capitulates to the GOBBLINs that would mean no xp until the GOBBLINs go attack someone else... it would also mean CHAOS, FUPA, LCO, Frisia and at least some of Astralis are all supporting GOBBLIN KING along with a few other people from all over... I hope I'm not the only one who would see that as being counterproductive to the GOBBLIN goal of saying "fuck you" to the current NA bi-polar power system. Twould be hard to shake things up if everyone supports him.

True, it would mean less xp for a very short time while we chose another target. If we attacked CHAOS there would certainly be xp. But if CHAOS is absorbed, we gain more troops to utilize in future battles, letting our campaigns last longer. Something also tells me CHAOS has more troops saved up than active players to efficiently use them. Essentially, it's less xp for a short time but much more xp in the long term.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.