Author Topic: RIP Dedicated throwing  (Read 22670 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
RIP Dedicated throwing
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:01:28 pm »
Here lies dedicated throwers

January 2011 - May 2011

Rest In Peace.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Dedicated throwing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:09:32 pm »
I guess I should be happy that this happened when my Thrower/Javalry character was just 600,000xp from 31.

Still gutted though as Javalry was easily the most interesting and challenging counter to Horse Archers.

Yes throwing lances were bullshite, yes PT 10 tended to be pretty bullshite, but people who used those were very rare, throwers in general were pretty uncommon, it isn't like the regular throwers were breaking the game.

That said I fully expect the usual ream of "Throwing was OP" comments that EVERY thread about throwing gets, or "good riddance."

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:13:59 pm »
Throwers are bundle of stickss, bundle of stickss don't go to heaven, ergo they will never rest in peace. Only in pieces!

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »
Here lies dedicated throwers

January 2011 - May 2011

Rest In Peace Hell.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:05:30 pm »
oh stop crying, dedicated xbowers are in worse situation than any other class yet no one is crying bout them.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 12:09:44 am »
oh stop crying, dedicated xbowers are in worse situation than any other class yet no one is crying bout them.

Euhmm... No?

Tried throwing after the patch? I did with with xbows. Little less powerfull overall, needed 1 more hit to kill a full hp target. That was about it. You don't need any skill other than a strength requirement, so it's not that hard to get high agility and high wpf. You're still as accurate as ever with 150+ wpf, without sacrificing killing power.

Throwing got ammo reduced by 40%-50% on all throwing weapons but the ones with a 1-2 PT requirement.
Accuracy with high PT is HORRIBLE. My reticule with heavy throwing axes is about 3-4x bigger. Same goes for most throwing weapons. Rocks/shuriken went from pinpoint accurate to about as accurate as throwing with your eyes closed.
Throwing projectile speed got yet another reduction.
Since you need much higher wpf to get a bit accurate than before, you can't get to 10 or higher PT anymore without rediculously bad accuracy. This in turn vastly decreases throwing damage for all weapons, requiring more hits for a kill. Not 1 more, it's in the order of 2-3 hits more.

Upside:
When I retire, I can start building an agility thrower. I'll make it with 7 or 8 PT and enough agility to take a run for it when I feel like it.
Combine that with throwing rocks and make you all stagger so you get killed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:12:59 am »
Crossbows are in a lovely place, I'd say they really don't need anything done to them from now on.
And I miss throwers, weirdly enough. There was a point were I thought the game was well balanced recently. I think we have past that balance now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:14:08 am by Tomas_of_Miles »
Professional poop cleaner

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
RIP JavCav
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 12:20:27 am »
Please tell me how this is a viable class anymore?
I can only carry a maximum of 3 javelins if I want to be able to carry a two handed weapon, the only other options being 0 slot weapons. Which I cant do because I have only 2h and throwing proficiency. None of the other throwing weapons are viable either when on a horse, the axes are simply useless on horseback and the throwing darts do not do enough damage to be particularly effective against even light horses.

The javelin is less accurate than an archer, does less damage than an archer, has less ammo than an archer. The only advantage perhaps that you can throw faster than an archer can shoot, which is an "issue" that could be solved seperately. So why does a javelin take up the same number of slots as a strongbow and a set of arrows? They are not equal in power. On horse or on foot. Even a light crossbow would be more viable for me now I suspect. Despite the required power throw and weapon proficiency throwing seems worse despite needing the same amount of skills.

The throwing cavalryman was rare enough. It is not like throwing or javelins were over-powered anyway. Especially on horseback, its only real purpose was to take out the horses of enemy lancers and horse archers considering how throwing is so inaccurate aiming for the rider is actually pointless. I used to be able to take at least two or maybe three light horses out with them before and contribute to the team.

---

There goes my hybridity  :cry:
I doubt you even considered the effect on horse throwers that these changes would have, it is such a rare class. But it seems that now if these changes stick that a once viable and interesting class is gone for good.

Offline Dom.Miguel

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Dom_Miguel, Telescopica, Jotunn and many others...
  • IRC nick: Dom.Miguel
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 12:40:24 am »
Throwers are bundle of stickss, bundle of stickss don't go to heaven, ergo they will never rest in peace. Only in pieces!

Where do you think lol stabbers go? Retarded javs taking 2 slots

Thank you Khorin

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 12:44:40 am »
Feels like most of the throwers are archers now...

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 12:53:40 am »
rip an overpowered easy class born from weapons that are meant to be a supplement to melee

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Dom.Miguel

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Dom_Miguel, Telescopica, Jotunn and many others...
  • IRC nick: Dom.Miguel
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 01:01:50 am »
rip an overpowered easy class born from weapons that are meant to be a supplement to melee

And that now its useless even for that!

Thank you Khorin

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 01:10:13 am »
Yes throwing lances were bullshite, yes PT 10 tended to be pretty bullshite, but people who used those were very rare, throwers in general were pretty uncommon, it isn't like the regular throwers were breaking the game.

Actually, I think you got that that the other way around. People usually didn't cry about pure throwers, since yes, they hit hard, but the trade off for that was that the lack of agi made them unable to backpedall to safety while still throwing shit at you. If they didnt kill you while you were closing in at them, they died.
The hybrids, on the other hand, could easily take 1/3 of your hp in single throwing axe, then backpeddal easily while still throwing shit at you and when they felt like they wasted enough ammo, they just switched to their main weapon with full wpf and fought you like pure melee. If they killed you, they just collected their missed axes from the ground and procceded to next target.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 01:54:00 am »
i dont get why axes got the hardest hit.  Carrying 4 axes it alot easier than carrying javalin tyle projectiles.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 03:59:56 am »
Hopefully, we can at least deliver 10% damage on our inaccurate war darts.