Author Topic: Les chevaliers occitans  (Read 5392 times)

Offline SucculentHeadCrab

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • m(_ _)m
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bonsai, Hot_Coldman, Resting_Witch_Face
Re: Les chevalier occitans
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 10:46:10 am »
+3
I think you are just sore that they ran over you guys in two days.

You can't be serious about that statement.  The largest NA faction, consisting of 3 clans versus 1 clan of 6 active new players to strat, surprised they didn't "run" over us faster.

We are still at war with Occitan and they are buying up Hospitaller fiefs or taken undefended formerly Hospitaller ones because they are completely unable to take castles and cities through actual combat.

Taking a castle or city at all during this time of broken seige mechanics, i.e. catapults would be futile at best, as seen by the initial siege at New Ichamur where the attackers couldn't get past the first wall.  Some would argue that their follow up attacks were more successful but that was due to other issues that need not be discussed on this thread.

That said,  everybody that has been on our rosters these battles lately.  YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!    
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:10:12 am by SucculentHeadCrab »

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 10:54:16 am »
+1
[q]
You're forgetting that the game does not revolve around EST time zone players, there is a fairly good amount of us who are actually PST time zone nerds. (hence my shitty ping)This is where the sore loser mentality you guys are giving off comes from.

Nothing personal badoon, but I to am from the west coast, as are a couple of Chevalier people, and this puts the strat window at 2pm till 8 pm. Which is pretty reasonable. We might miss a couple of the earlier battles, but not many of the later ones. Also, if they are attacked during night time it will mean we only have to stay up until 3am to fight in a battle, which I personally would rather do than wake up at whatever god-awful hour it was previously set for. 

Furthermore this affects people on the west coast the most (besides those scrubs from, like, alaska, if there are any) and even then the average end of work day (5pm) conflicts with roughly half of the window. For the rest of America and Canada the new Occitan nightime settings are fairly close to prime-time in NA. So if you look at the big picture you'll find very little reason for why the new night-time settings are truly a problem. Except that they might inconvenience people that, frankly, could do with a little inconveniencing.

I also think that if FCC does attack Occitan holdings they will be in for a bad surprise. I fear they will find fighting in fair battles with excellent NA mercs on both sides to be not exactly their normal cup of tea.

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »
+3
i don't mind these new settings, tired of fighting at 6am my time ^^
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 01:04:06 pm »

Taking a castle or city at all during this time of broken seige mechanics, i.e. catapults would be futile at best, as seen by the initial siege at New Ichamur where the attackers couldn't get past the first wall.  Some would argue that their follow up attacks were more successful but that was due to other issues that need not be discussed on this thread.

i think he was referencing the fact that even when siege equipment was working occitan has never been able to take a castle or city - they have had to buy every single one.  And also that you overestimate occitan abilities simply because they have been able to be defenders for 90% of the fight against armies less well-equipped than their own (thanks to use of the duplicate gear bug to their advantage).

The people trying to say 2-8pm is prime time have got to be joking - vast majority of people work till  5 pm, hell i do to when im under contract.  So racing home by 5:30 you leave 2.5 hours out of a 24 hour day for attacking you.  Thats abuse of the nighttime settings - and to what avail?  (Now 80% of your battles will be during a time horrible for both na and eu at 6 -11 am so both sides will have great difficulty filling rosters (yes i have seen every faction on the map struggle to fill a roster at that time even occitan), which favors defenders because they dont have to burn 1500 tickets in a limited amount of time.  So basically occitan is abusing the nighttime setting to favor them as defenders by making it at times that are horrible for the avast majority of players in this game.  Congrats for removing even the last bit of fun in this game by forcing anyone wanting to fight those battles to have to set erratic sleep and work schedules rather than fight during primetime for NA.

Why not have fun instead of making battles at really fucking odd hours just to favor some poor math skills that makes you think 6 am is somehow better than 11 pm.
Seeing how many people we get for late battles i would probably push it to 11pm maximum, over that its just ridiculous for me and most of the people in the clan that actually lead the battles and handles the recruiting of the mercs + roll call.  I'm writing this and its 1:33am my time and it gives me 5:30 of sleep before i have to get to work.

So instead of sleeping less you guys will skip work for strat battles?  That makes perfect sense for why you should change your nighttime settings.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:07:39 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »
The people trying to say 2-8pm is prime time have got to be joking - vast majority of people work till  5 pm, hell i do to when im under contract.  So racing home by 5:30 you leave 2.5 hours out of a 24 hour day for attacking you.  Thats abuse of the nighttime settings - and to what avail?  (Now 80% of your battles will be during a time horrible for both na and eu at 6 -11 am so both sides will have great difficulty filling rosters (yes i have seen every faction on the map struggle to fill a roster at that time even occitan), which favors defenders because they dont have to burn 1500 tickets in a limited amount of time.  So basically occitan is abusing the nighttime setting to favor them as defenders by making it at times that are horrible for the avast majority of players in this game.  Congrats for removing even the last bit of fun in this game by forcing anyone wanting to fight those battles to have to set erratic sleep and work schedules rather than fight during primetime for NA.

I did not say that 2-8pm was prime time. I said it was sufficiently close to prime time that people would still be able to attend some battles. Furthermore I was speaking to one particular time zone, PTS, which is 3 hours ahead of EST, so my 2-8pm is 5-11pm EST, which is in fact, damn close to prime time.

Next time you make an idiot out of yourself please read what you are replying to and ensure that you comprehend it completely. I do not appreciate my words being twisted by the likes of you.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »
+3
Ok people, my primetime is 8AM to 5 PM EST. do you ever see me complaining that I can't make battles because all of you schedule them for after that. NO! So quit shitting up this thread because now you can't get massive amounts of xp, the same problem i've been dealing with my ENTIRE CRPG EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!

TL;DR

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 01:49:00 pm »
+2
I think I love you brontosauce.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »
+1
I go to sleep at 11, and wake up at 6 on a daily basis, this is perfect for me. Not everyone wants to play late night battles, you'd be surprised how many FIDLGB and Chaos(and friends) are online in the morning. Also Spravico, I +1'd you because Kesh is on a nerd rage/sperg movement where he -1's all your post.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 01:57:05 pm »
+1
Thanks Blackzilla. I have brought it on myself, but, in the words of the immortal Shik

(click to show/hide)

So I don't mind a little infamy.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:03:35 pm by Sparvico »

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »
Ha KEsh has -1 sooo much that I  it doesn't contribute to your infamy, so basically Kesh -1'ing with you doesn't count, because he only +1 people who view things his way.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2013, 02:05:59 pm »
He did up-vote my Factions diplomacy post. Although it was probably a mistake.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2013, 04:22:56 pm »
+7
I go to sleep at 11, and wake up at 6 on a daily basis, this is perfect for me. Not everyone wants to play late night battles, you'd be surprised how many FIDLGB and Chaos(and friends) are online in the morning. Also Spravico, I +1'd you because Kesh is on a nerd rage/sperg movement where he -1's all your post.

Also Spravico, I +1'd you because Kesh is on a nerd rage/sperg movement where he -1's all your post.

nerd rage/sperg

I find this to be hilarious considering the source.

On topic - Arowaine's decision does make it a small window but at the same time, if that's what their clan wants to and works out best for their members so be it. I don't blame them, I would have 0 desire to still be playing at 1am EST on a weekday for some internet pixels. It's going overboard saying it is an intentional abuse. Considering all the abusing and exploits and bugs this strat, a clan shortening their night time settings and announcing those settings publicly, is pretty low on the list.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:26:04 pm by Rikthor »
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 04:38:23 pm »
+1
On topic - Arowaine's decision does make it a small window but at the same time, if that's what their clan wants to and works out best for their members so be it. I don't blame them, I would have 0 desire to still be playing at 1am EST on a weekday for some internet pixels. It's going overboard saying it is an intentional abuse. Considering all the abusing and exploits and bugs this strat, a clan shortening their night time settings and announcing those settings publicly, is pretty low on the list.
Exactly, it's hard to understand why people want Occitan to cripple themselves by having battles at midnight to 2 in the morning, simply because it's better for the western players. They run on Eastern time, some have jobs that they need to be up early for, and I'm sure it isn't much fun for them to have late night battles and the majority of their own clanmates missing. Isn't having fun what strat is all about anyway?

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »
+3
10 pm eastern is not midnight, 1am or 2am.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 04:49:38 pm »
+3
10 pm eastern is not midnight, 1am or 2am.

A seige that starts at 10:30 ends at midnight.

The people trying to say 2-8pm is prime time have got to be joking - vast majority of people work till  5 pm, hell i do to when im under contract.  S

If you work 9-5 as you say you do, then you would understand why LCO has changed their night time settings, since they can't realistically stay up until 1:00am on a weekday.

Thats abuse of the nighttime settings - and to what avail?

If the concept of night time settings was to make all battles fought at "NA Prime time" then they would have made defined nighttime settings, not let people pick their own.

Congrats for removing even the last bit of fun in this game by forcing anyone wanting to fight those battles to have to set erratic sleep and work schedules rather than fight during primetime for NA.

Why not have fun instead of making battles at really fucking odd hours just to favor some poor math skills that makes you think 6 am is somehow better than 11 pm.
So instead of sleeping less you guys will skip work for strat battles?  That makes perfect sense for why you should change your nighttime settings.

Yes, because I am sure LCO members are having fun not playing in their own battles, or having to stay up later then they would like to.