Poll

Good?

Good
Gooder
Bad
Potato

Author Topic: Guide: How to Strategus as a Lone-Wolf  (Read 38438 times)

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
Re: Guide: How to Strategus as a Lone-Wolf
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 08:01:32 pm »
Link them to here tell them the name of your faction. when they click on it there's an option to apply

Note: you can't apply if you are already a member of a faction (any faction)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 12:06:43 am »
 :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 10:28:25 pm »
+1
Really nice Guide thanks! :D

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »
In part 2 I suggest mentioning setting up time zones

Also In the bit about winning a battle/siege you may want to mention about how to pay mercs if you want to :)

I was going to link this guy here but you didn't cover his questions :P

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-issues/battle-delayed/msg789233/#msg789233

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 03:17:49 pm »
+1
I have some questions concerning strat:
Is it only possible to buy goods from other players in fiefs or can you buy them also directly from the village/town/castle?
Another question: where do i find the current diplomacy? I searched but didnt find which clans are in war or peace..

I'm grateful for responses   :lol:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:11:14 pm by Kampfkarotte »

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 05:15:35 pm »
Yes, you can buy goods directly in villages/towns/castles, you can do it in Info menu, you see the tax, goods price, Supply&Demand there.

Current diplomacy is here. :) If you search, you should be able to find a threads with current faction diplomacies.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 04:00:19 pm »
+2
Thanks a lot Uther =D I think, I will proudly say soon: I know how to strategus =P

Offline Blade

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UltimaOnline
  • Game nicks: Blade_The_Berserk
  • IRC nick: StrengthAbusersAnonymous
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013, 04:55:10 am »
+1
Thank you this helped me very much, keep up the good work.

9/10

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 07:01:12 am »
+1
Nice guide, thanks for writing it.

This brings up a question for me. Will buying equipment for my 100 starting troops translate to crates of cargo, as far as other players seeing my character? Or do you need to have "goods" for that to appear? I'm just wondering because I was thinking about going around different settlements to check out what kind of stuff they have loomed and try and put together a set of equipment I like, and if during that process I might become a valuable/vulnerable target to attack instead of the unarmed/uncargoed player I am now. I'm hoping I'd be able to fully equip the crew before starting to venture into trade and actually buy up goods and make the long distance voyages to sell them.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »
+1
For equipment - You can carry up to what your troops can wear directly and have 0 crates. Once you have more items then troops you start to gain crates. Armor is on a 1-1 basis and weapons go by slots (each troops has 4 slots)

Your level of armed shown on the map  (lightly armed, armed, heavily armed, shiny army) depends on how many sets of armor/weapons you have and the quality of those weapons. (Unfortunately it's not very reliable though and you can have 50 men and 1000 stones and be listed as like heavy armed, so seeing someone as armed doesn't give you that much info on what they have, you can be only armed if you have plate armor just not enough for all your troops, it is also possible to be listed as unarmed with equipment... so it's buggy)

EG. 100 men can carry 100 body armors, 100 hand armors, 100 leg armors, 100 head armors and a weapon for each man. This would show you as 0 crates, it would also so you as a level of armed.

If 100 men carried 200 body armors, 200 hand armors, 200 leg armors, 200 head armors and a load of weapons. This would show you as having crates, it would also so you as a level of armed.

Your best option is to buy some shitty gear enough to list you as armed then start trading with low levels goods (keep below around 200 crates). Start to save up some money and make some troops. If I was you I would build to around 500 troops then sell 400 of them.. do this a couple times whilst trading. (every place you visit look what gear they have available) Once you have some money start gearing a 500 man army. This is about the most viable trading size (before troop upkeep starts burn a whole in your pocket).

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:26 pm »
+1
Excellent, thanks a lot for the info. But why do you recommend starting off with shitty gear again? Instead of my plan of holding off buying gear until I go around and find specific things I want and pick them up. Is the idea that instead of potentially wasting time going around all these places, not trading, I could at least be doing some trade while I look for the gear I actually want?

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 10:03:04 pm »
+1
Yes exactly.. with even shitty gear you can be listed as lightly armed or even armed.

Most people wont bother attacking a ~100 man party carry <200 crates who's listed as lightly armed/armed (unless you're in the area of their fief and they are trying to protect their SD from everyone).

Whilst if you are carrying crates and listed as unarmed some bandit will try to steal your goods.

If you're traveling around fiefs looking for gear, you might as well be trading at the same time.

(Just remember to ask the lord of a fief to use their SD, unless it's a free-trade fief)

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 10:31:42 pm »
+1
Got it, thanks again. Well the reason I was asking about equipment showing up as crates or not in the beginning was precisely to find out if I'd show up as a potential raid victim for bandits or whoever. Plan being, going around as a 100-man party without even any crates of goods at all, but slowly getting more and more armed, wouldn't be a valuable target at all. Even less so than being armed and have a small amount of goods, which could get easily taken over by just about anyone along the way, especially as I probably wouldn't be keeping up with the travel and micromanaging and evading and all that. So I might just stick to that and wait on actual goods and trade until a later point, but I appreciate that your suggestion actually makes more sense if I'm trying to do something productive with the strat travel time. Unfortunately this would be more of a roleplay/for fun type endeavor diving into strat for the fist time.

That being said, I was thinking about making this 100-man army a cav-only force. I mean there's no way of ensuring that, but just having 100 horses basically, and 100 sets of armors and whatnot. I guess it's more for stories in my head than anything that would actually play out, if there was a battle and people actually signed up for it, they wouldn't necessarily have to be cav and could just use the equipment as infantry... though I guess I could only accept cav players.... just think-typing out loud here, maybe I should stop.  :P

Thanks for the help, sir!

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 10:39:51 pm »
+1
Well it also depends on how much money you have. If you can already afford to arm 100 men then 0 crates and unarmed means there's also no down side of being attacked (first 100 tickets are 'free' and regenerate a lot quicker and producing tickets from ticks.

Whilst if you still need some money, might as well make it whilst your traveling the map anyway.

GOOD LUCK with your adventure!!