Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 96442 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »
Huh, i was hyped for this two pages ago, but now i watched 30 minutes of gameplay and i dont see why i was. Oh well, still havent gotten through even 20% of 2, will probably never get to even start with 3.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2014, 07:59:41 pm »
Thanks for the public service announcement. Could've said what you thought was wrong with it or something.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »
Thanks for the public service announcement. Could've said what you thought was wrong with it or something.

Oh i didnt realise you were on the development team looking for feedback in these forums.  Anyways i think it still looks like 2 a lot which i thought was ok but it wasnt really something that kept me playing for much longer than an hour. Combat looks slightly changed into even more flashy moves, i thought it was decent in 2, but lacked something. Doesnt look like they added that something in 3. I guess there are more pixels all around, but just another story driven game with lacking gameplay in general. Atmosphere seems decent though, cities are lively.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:22:34 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2014, 08:22:10 pm »
To be fair - it makes more sense to post a reason too.
This is a forum after all - a place for discussion.

If anything - without having seen the 35 min video yet - but from what I saw, I don't like the speed up on the combat with rather little changes to it. I can't really put my finger on it but combat seems very arcady... dunno if that is a good thing.
Atmosphere, world density, story telling will probably be once more top notch - still a must-have for me.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2014, 09:32:32 pm »
Witchers combat has never been anything spectacular. Aslong as it doesnt straight up unbearably suck, other parts of the game will definately more than compensate. And from the gameplay it appeared to be alright.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2014, 09:35:21 pm »
+2
TW3's combat looks good to me. They got rid of those long, un-interruptable attack sequences. And no more rolling; pirouettes instead.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2014, 12:52:04 am »
developer: "whats unique about witcher is it takes fantastical things and grounds them in reality"

so when 4 bandits try to rob a guy but that guy kills 3 of them by shooting magic fireballz out of his hands, wouldn't the last bandit you know try and run away?

anyway gameplay video looks decent and expected to me. more witcher 2 good quests, bad combat but in a better more open world.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2014, 10:38:25 am »
Well, from my understanding is that statement aimed at the World and it's environment.
You got Dwarves and Elves but not as shinning heroes, unbeatable and strong as 12 but frowned upon with racism, them being drunkards, rapists and the like.

And iirc they actually did run in Witcher 1. Not sure about Witcher 2 tbh...

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2014, 12:22:05 pm »
+1
so when 4 bandits try to rob a guy but that guy kills 3 of them by shooting magic fireballz out of his hands, wouldn't the last bandit you know try and run away?
The definite answer is: not necessarily. It's really stupid to speculate on the psychology of fictional bandits. You could easily craft a scenario where the last bandit wouldn't run. Would it be nice to have there be a chance of them running? Sure. Necessary? Nope.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2014, 01:19:31 pm »
it kind of irks me in games when you are the only one running around throwing magic around like harry potter and nobody else even seems to notice or care. sure there are games where people do make a big deal out of it or its legit common since your enemies are using it too. but then there are so many others that do it wrong, witcher is definitely by no means the worst.

bioshock anoyed the shit out of me. oh right ok its not magic its explained by these potions laying around everywhere but simply nobody else wants to use.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2014, 01:31:55 pm »
+1
it kind of irks me in games when you are the only one running around throwing magic around like harry potter and nobody else even seems to notice or care. sure there are games where people do make a big deal out of it or its legit common since your enemies are using it too. but then there are so many others that do it wrong, witcher is definitely by no means the worst.

bioshock anoyed the shit out of me. oh right ok its not magic its explained by these potions laying around everywhere but simply nobody else wants to use.
Magic isn't magical in the Witcher universe, there are sorcerers and wizards, crazy monsters, the Wild Hunt, etc. It's pretty much the same as some US soldier having NVGs, a Taleban fighter isn't going to completely freak out over it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2014, 11:19:59 pm »
+5
Huh, Platige Image, creator of most of the Witcher's cinematic trailers, such as Rise of the White WOlf or the last one, Killing monsters, announced that they're gonna make full movie based on the Witcher's story  8-) "Platige Films and Tomek Bagiński are working on feature live-action movie "Wiedźmin". Project is currently in development. The script will be based on the books by Andrzej Sapkowski." Starring Mads Mikkelsen as Geralt  :wink:

(click to show/hide)

okay, jk with MM as Geralt

PS. I loved made by PI teaser for Vikings season 2  :wink:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:34:49 am by Falka »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2014, 09:56:21 am »
+1
Excellent choice on the actor right there. He certainly gonna make Gerald a believable character.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2014, 03:43:15 pm »
As I put combat into perspective...:

Witcher 1 boring as hell.
Witcher 2 roll much? Apart from that a major step forward
Witcher 3 Just everything I ever wanted from W2!!!

They changed the right things imho! Somewhat believable moves, no more rolling - added gore!
Now if blocking has any importance too, it would be v nice.

Very much still locking forward to the game!

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2014, 05:18:56 pm »
Great choice of actor! One of the Great Danes in acting (we only have 3 who's good enough to act internationally; Mads Mikkelsen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Ulrich Thomsen)

That Vikings teaser is terribad though with even more terribad music not fitting at all for anything viking related, frankly I find it insulting 8)
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!