Author Topic: Guide: Defend The Virgin gamemode  (Read 17161 times)

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Guide: Defend The Virgin gamemode
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:28:07 am »
+16

Defending the Virgin: How to?
Well, above all, have fun and teamwork, you don't have to be a good fighter to change the course of the battle

A little DTV video I shot, its not a full tutorial but more of an over-all explaination
Quality isn't top notch because I used a fail converter, audio is a little off, enjoy!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Also, concerning bots images: Some of pics are made on my character in the right armor, some are taken from DTV, depends if I have occasions to get the right screens.

Thanks to SoO for moving it to the Guides subcategory
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:04:29 am by Uther Pendragon »
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Defend The Virgin Guide: Should I?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:46:17 am »
+1
as long as you explain that you DO NOT WANT TO WIN FROM TINCANS and that time is money and that you are a retard if you pull the bots to the virgin

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:24:27 am »
as long as you explain that you DO NOT WANT TO WIN FROM TINCANS and that time is money and that you are a retard if you pull the bots to the virgin

I played DTV since its earliest days, so I'll do my best not to forget such things  :D
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:15:33 am »
+2
This is a really weird tip that will apply to less than 1% of defend the virgin players: fast throwing weapons tear up lower rank waves. I played DTV when I had +3 Snowflake and +3 Throwing Daggers. It's SO EASY to headshot them. I was a dedicated thrower with high power throw, but the CPu enemies don't dodge ranged like real players do. You can just line up one good shot and then blast open the heads of the conga line bandits that are advancing on you.

It helped me learn the trajectory of my shots with a new ranged weapon. DTV is as invaluable as Skip The Fun and duel servers are. They help you master the mechanics of your class. Then you can move on to mind games and other PVP things!  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 07:40:21 am »
Great idea!

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
Re: Defend The Virgin Guide: I am doing this!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:41 am »
Updated with overview of rounds and bot types, starting to get the pics and moar pics.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 03:57:46 am »
looks terrific!
i love it!

STIKCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Mammonist

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 08:36:53 pm »
+5
Nice if only I had this when I was a noob. Oh wait...

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 12:42:40 am »
Is it true you get a player Title if you defend the virgin? I saw someone enter siege with some sort of virgin defender title.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 01:19:29 am »
Not true, its another one of those buy-able titles on Auction House.  :wink:

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »
Who needs shwag when you got yolo.

But some tips i can give:

1. OBEY players who are serious about this, if they say ''get out of the open and get to cover'' you do it because it's best for the whole team.
2. Don't underestimate nomads, they got no penalties for cav whatsoever (their lancers once poked me to death because i couldn't recover from stun, i had full tincan) and their inf is way more dangerous than say vitez that are slow and easy to block.
3. If you're archer, don't be a dumbuck and 'try to help' by shooting at train:ers, kill leaking bots instead.
4. Builds, -18/-18 is crap, you can't onehit weaboos with spd and can't outrun in a tight spot, use 30str/9 or 15str/24 instead. (agi based builds are nice for stealing uther's kills by running to bot spawn and stealing the train >:D )
5. Use fucking decent weapons, stabbing weapons like pike are nearly useless, use Great long bardiche, glaive or the 2d chopping weapont instead. From 2h's you should use flamberge, nopdachi, maul (highly recommended at high rounds because you still can counterattack with it) or great bardiche. Never ever come to DTV server with a thrower, just don't. Xbows are pretty useless too, bows are ok if you can aim to head (which is easy, bots won't dodge on purpose).

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 04:48:42 pm »
+3
4. Builds, -18/-18 is crap, you can't onehit weaboos with spd and can't outrun in a tight spot, use 30str/9 or 15str/24 instead. (agi based builds are nice for stealing uther's kills by running to bot spawn and stealing the train >:D )
My build has always been balanced (either 21/18, 18/21 or 21/21) and I usually manage to kill a lot of bots by myself.

Like everything, practice makes perfection. This game-mode is the easiest, in my opinion - AI is really simple if you compare it to how a lot of people play in battle - so, once you know how they "think", you realise it's all about "backpedalling" while spamming (and blocking when necessary), since bots just move towards the virgin or players found in their way. They never backpedal themselves unless they have already "facehugged" you and you attempt to kick - they step back and dodge the kick. Otherwise, it's just a matter of repetition.

My advice is avoid being surrounded by bots and try to kill them one by one, and always remember that they barely block, they just spam. And when they "chamber" it's because what I just said - they just spam - so, if you are "chambered" it's because the bot swings in the same direction as you (although I think that they somehow do it on purpose sometimes). Anyway, to avoid this, just hold your attacks a little, until the bot starts swinging. And, against shielders, just perform simple feints and they will drop their guard.

All these things we some have learnt in battle, because DTV isn't so old, so I guess that you would play DTV better once you play battle better.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 07:14:27 pm »
Well ofcourse it's easier per kill, perhaps even easier per 50 kills :p But still it's not JUST about spam, if you are tshuutshuu training, you must know how to control the bots and hit the right ones because if even one gets to side of other and both start spamming you can easily be killed. Also knowing the maps and prioritizing are important things.

If it was just about spam and str i'm sure the servers wouldn't be filled with people with 15-8 scores on full server...

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 07:36:22 pm »
+3
DTV is all about knowing some basic fighting skill, blocking in right direction and knowing how bots think. When you get into their tiny AI, you can easily foresee their moves. :P

But stop this talk, or you'll make it feel like DTV is some shaolin-like fighting technique, "brain above body" etc  :lol:

EDIT: Also, just finished most of the work, now I'll figure out what I've missed and add that, correct fuckups and add images.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:06:10 pm by TR_UtherPendragon »

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 07:50:22 pm »
DTV is all about knowing some basic fighting skill, blocking in right direction and knowing how bots think. When you get into their tiny AI, you can easily foresee their moves. :P

But stop this talk, or you'll make it feel like DTV is some shaolin-like fighting technique, "brain above body" etc  :lol:

That's exactly what it is.  :P I'm pretty sure that's just because i know how to play it and then again people who know battle prolly think the same about their sport. IMO battle is all about war masks, light kuyaks and danish GS'. (Occasionally HX or HA or thrower too)  :mrgreen: