Author Topic: CRPG with fire and sword?  (Read 10153 times)

Offline Barman1942

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG with fire and sword?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 06:44:39 am »
I like it, it's exactly like I expected. Warband with guns. edit: And lot's of people complaining cause they are getting shot   :mrgreen:
Warband with guns is cool and all, but I don't see the point in paying $15 for it when there are several mods that add guns to Warband.

Offline Smoketh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 08:08:39 am »
Ya I understand you're point, I haven't played MM and the other mods, but from my understanding not tooo much has changed. I wouldn't recommend purchase of the game on gameplay experience alone (if you already have warband), but I would recommend the game because:

1. It's at a reasonable price. (esp compared to expansion packs of other games)
2. I have played warband so ridiculously much and got it for 15$ that I feel almost compelled to help support the franchise of mount and blade.
3. Continuing of that point, supporting this franchise can ensure future products with this level of gameplay, and companies wont consider it a failed genre.
4. You can again get a ton of gameplay out of this game, again esp when compared to high budget 50$ games.

Warband is a fantastic game that I will continue to play, especially because of crpg, and I think WFaS has been a great addition to it.

Fanboi signing out.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 08:28:14 am »
Im suprised that after all that problems with number of archers and xbowers and all that whine that cRPG turns into Counter Strike, now poeple look forward for firearms in cRPG. As I said, that would become true retro Counter Strike

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:06 am »
- Cav lancing seems weaker and takes more hits to kill a guy
- The two handers I tried were pretty slow
- You can even block and hit (blunt) with muskets/pistols
- Muskets/pistols take forever to load
- Muskets are almost the same as native siege xbow, maybe not so accurate but with a bit faster projectile speed and quite deadly damage
- Some chest armors and head armors look pretty good
- There's a lot of rapiers aka long espada eslavona-style one handed swords, and it seems they don't have the overhead attack, only stab. They're pretty fast too, so you actually stand a chance vs a slow 2hander

That's what I got out of it after playing for about 30 minutes multiplayer. All in all I liked it and will play more, even though it's nothing new really.
Not worth to cRPG it, it will cause even more ranged spam.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:10:18 am by Vibe »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 09:05:46 am »
Played Fire & Sword for 3 hours today;
seems like it's just Warband with crappy musket-type firearms, so I don't see any reason cRPG would have anything to do with it.
Don't forget that it is incredibly ugly, much uglier than Warband.
mod 1755: the Old Frontier has much better implementation of firearms than this.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:07:10 am by Corwinus »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Norion

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 10:51:13 am »
So it is not my pc setting then.......I was actually coming to crpg forum today to see feedback from the community about FaS, as I could not decide I have a problem or the graphics really looks this bad, and agree with Corwinus, warband looks way nicer, so i am really disappointed with FaS from this perspective.
I do not play MB for the graphical experience, probably noone does, but still........ FaS is really, really looking ugly even putting everything on high setting. If there would be the same purchase method, ie downloading and buying the key after level 7 if you like the game, I probably would not have bought it after I seen how it looks like.....I hope they will release some patch to improve the graphics.....

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 01:38:49 pm »
The only things from wfas I would like to see are some of the textures for houses, walls etc. but I have no idea if it is possible to use them in warband..

Offline No_Sir

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »
Damn. Personally I'm loving Fire & Sword.  Firearms aren't overpowered imo.  They are very easily dodged. 

If anything, horseback archers are the biggest pain in the ass.  Forever running and shooting.

I'm having a blast with this new expansion and would love to see a crpg mod developed for it.

Offline No_Sir

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG in fire and sword?
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 02:37:02 pm »
This is kinda sad.  All these negative comments in regards to Fire and Sword is a tad upsetting.  I would love to see a crpg mod created for it.

Personally I am loving the new expansion and don't find the firearms to be overpowered at all.  They work pretty much the same as crossbows aside from the pistols which you can reload on the move, but they can all be dodged fairly easily. 

And chopping down a gunner gives the same beautiful satisfaction as chopping down any ranged pigeon in warband.

If anything, the most annoying overpowered mechanic is an archer on horseback.  Forever running and shooting with vicious accuracy. *sigh*

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »
Merged, because let's face it, we don't need two threads on the front page about exactly the same thing.

Anyway No_Sir, I just haven't seen or heard anything whatsoever about WFAS that sounds like a valid reason to port cRPG over. What does it actually bring to the table aside from stuff like firearms, which could easily be modded in if they were wanted in the first place?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:41:37 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline ViiKOLD

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 02:45:55 pm »
I personally don't see anything new in fire & sword that wasn't made already in other mods, but there are some strange things like no ability to choose your starting background and heaving skill points already spent on useless stuff... like really? they didn't let us do it? wth

Besides models of firearms and some armors I don't see what is the benefit for Crpg in it. Firearms mechanics is not that good here, I've seen better one in other mods.

Offline No_Sir

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 03:21:49 pm »
@okiN

I see where everyone is coming from, I was just throwing my two cents on the issue.  Personally I view firearms in this expansion as slightly modified crossbows that go boom, so I don't have an issue with them.

Actually now that I think of it...  There is one completely stupid aspect to F&S aside from the mounted archers..... bombs/grenades....  You can throw one into a group of ppl dueling and kill them while being invulnerable because you are not in combat/dueling.  Definitely the most flawed mechanics ever.  But also easily remedied.

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
I don't know.

I think that persistant character development would be a nice feature for FireAndSword MP.  It would certainly be a different game.  Though I agree with the sentiment that trying to divide an already small community, isn't the best of ideas.

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2011, 07:48:52 pm »
So it is not my pc setting then.......I was actually coming to crpg forum today to see feedback from the community about FaS, as I could not decide I have a problem or the graphics really looks this bad, and agree with Corwinus, warband looks way nicer, so i am really disappointed with FaS from this perspective.
I do not play MB for the graphical experience, probably noone does, but still........ FaS is really, really looking ugly even putting everything on high setting. If there would be the same purchase method, ie downloading and buying the key after level 7 if you like the game, I probably would not have bought it after I seen how it looks like.....I hope they will release some patch to improve the graphics.....
There is ;) You can easily download a trial version from the website or steam
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline Smoketh

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:18 pm »
No no, you guys are right, WFaS is terrible, don't waste 15 dollars on it. Instead save you're money so you can buy portal 2 and pre order duke nukem forever. You can get a solid 5 hours out of those game for the low low price of 50 bucks. I mean this game is completely unplayable, I have no idea how I played it and had so much fun, and the graphics! My god, the graphics! They don't even compare to Crysis! Totally not worth it. I shoulda spent my money on another MMO or CoD map pack. You KNOW those games are good cause they spend more on advertising than the actual games, which means HIGH QUALITY! Plus, if you got it you'd have to hear a bunch of retards making shit up like saying it's fun or whatever other stupid opinions they have, "lol"? Fuck that he wasn't lolin!

Don't waste money on this POS.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:22:09 pm by Smoketh »