Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 157060 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2025 on: June 15, 2015, 06:57:54 pm »
I still wish Drogon just collapsed on top of her and smothered her stupid fucking, entitled, arrogant, cunt face.

Yeah that would be perfect.

Still offering 50 000 CRPG gold if anyone wanna make a proper Daenerys chopped off head and preferably put on a spike picture (photoshop) with blood or without and hair hanging down her neck.

Daenerys is a fictional character. But on the hate scale for me personally, she's worse than Bieber at this point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2026 on: June 15, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »
Well I guess us book readers now know the outcome of the battle of Winterfell :x  I always assumed Stannis would be victorious, watching that on TV was painful...like Teeth said, Stannis is supposed to be a brilliant strategist, and he just sits on open ground not realizing the defenders could very well sally out and attack?  And he just pulls out his sword without giving any battle commands (I realize he was fucked at that point, but you could try to pull some strategy out of your ass...or maybe not stand on open ground thinking you're safe).

***BOOK SPOILERS***
(click to show/hide)
*** BOOK SPOILERS***  It's very possible Jon is just dead.

I thought it was kind of fitting he died in similar circumstances to his "father" Ned.  Both of them were doing what they felt was right, and looking at the big picture of "what is right", but ignored the small details that could have saved their lives.  I think it's best for the kingdom that the Wildlings are south of the wall, to help fight the White Walkers, but Jon should have realized the crazy amount of discontent that was fomenting right in front of him (it wasn't like people weren't obvious in their disdain for his decision). 

I like watching the TV show, but I wish the directors of the show were able to stay more true to what happens in the books without changing major things around (leaving stuff out, changing which characters go and do certain things), because trying to keep the differences between the TV show and the books separate is difficult (at least for me). 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:03:42 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 15, 2015, 07:14:14 pm »
+1
Also the whole King's Landing situation isn't explained even nearly adequately enough in the TV show. Some dudes in rags armed with clubs are doing whatever the fuck they want in the city and to the Queen? It's explained much better in the books why they have so much authority but in the show it's just "wtf, why do they let them do all this"
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 15, 2015, 07:14:22 pm »
Also I don't believe the TV show ever shows Jon dreaming about running around as a wolf (i.e. he's a changling) so I doubt he'll "warg" into Ghost as he dies.  It's very possible Jon is just dead.

Good fucking job NOT mentioning any book spoilers...

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #2029 on: June 15, 2015, 07:36:16 pm »
+3
Books >> TV Show.

They managed to cut out everything that I would have liked to see, and 98% of the alterations of the story line were for the worse.

"And now my watch(ing) is ended."

...and waiting for "Winds of Winter". Hope the show does not rub off on the 2 remaining books too much.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 15, 2015, 08:04:04 pm »
Good fucking job NOT mentioning any book spoilers...

Sorry bro-ski, I've added spoilers if you want to edit your post to remove what I spoiled :(
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 15, 2015, 08:06:22 pm »
Books >> TV Show.

They managed to cut out everything that I would have liked to see, and 98% of the alterations of the story line were for the worse.

"And now my watch(ing) is ended."

...and waiting for "Winds of Winter". Hope the show does not rub off on the 2 remaining books too much.

I'm assuming most of what the TV show content that is different from the book, isn't going to make much difference on the overarching plots, but I don't like the TV show spoiling the books (the conflict between Stannis and the Bolton's isn't ever "finalized" in A Dance With Dragons).  And even if the overarching plot doesn't differ much between the book and tv shows, the books are much more nuanced and interesting when it comes to where characters are, and why there are where they are, and doing what they are doing.  I don't want the books to be watered down because the TV show pretty much has to be (otherwise it wouldn't be very good TV). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 15, 2015, 09:12:18 pm »
+1
I highly doubt the outcome for Stannis is going to be the same in the books because Bolton's army was just as bad off as Stannis' was, low food stores, snowed in etc they just had walls to sit behind. GArrArrMartin  just threw in an emissary from the iron bank of Braavos who was alliancing Braavos with Stannis and was travelling with Stannis and his army,  why would RR waste time with that if he was just going to kill Stannis off so soon. Sure Stannis is probably gonna die in the next books but doubtful anything close to the show.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:25:08 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 15, 2015, 09:29:36 pm »
The quality definitely went down as they go past the books. The scene in the throne room in Mireen just felt totally forced. The storyline in Dorn just felt totally pointless, and is resolved in like an hour. It also felt kind of after-school-special-like. Also Sansa and Ramsay's storyline. They just build all these pointless plots up for no real pay off. Its starting to get this cheesey vibe.

Or maybe I'm just jaded these days.
Darkstar where are you. It's funny they gave his role to the sandsnakes.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Doom_Carrot

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Empire of Palagor
  • Game nicks: Doom_Carrot
« Reply #2034 on: June 15, 2015, 09:48:26 pm »
After the battle of Winterfell, was I the only one who got a really chilling feeling when the camera panned back over thousands of unburned corpses?

If the Boltons let those bodies sit, they are gonna have a much tougher battle next time...

Also, final score for season 5 - 6/10. Very rubbish compared to every other season, I don't even have much to look forwards to for season 7 now...
It was fun while it lasted.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #2035 on: June 15, 2015, 09:53:58 pm »
My only fear is that GRRM will alter the story for the tv show because in the show they ve taken some steps that cant be undone .

Fuck sake, killing main characters might ve drawn my attention in season 1 , but it is slowly drafting into a brazilian drama show.

I hope GRRM is not ever consulting to D&D about the story

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 15, 2015, 10:05:21 pm »
I hope GRRM is not ever consulting to D&D about the story
... Why would he consult them about the story?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #2037 on: June 15, 2015, 10:33:54 pm »
why u care so much about snow? early on he was a pussy and he slowly developed into a cool character. any other character can go through the same process. jamie lannister was hated early on and slowly he's getting "cooler" as other characters do. sansa stark was a small useless whinny cunt, now she's developing into a cool chick. some good chars will die while others will emerge...

also tell me book readers why can those religious dickheads walk the queen naked through the city without anything happening to them. i didn't really get it from the show :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:38:33 pm by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #2038 on: June 15, 2015, 10:39:50 pm »
+1
aw im perty sure snow will be revived by the redhaired hotty.  he is pretty much the only reason why any girl I know watches the show.

anyways,  highlight of this season was that wildlings vs zombies thang,  shit went really south from there.  and fuck those martell women.

except the little one ofc ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 15, 2015, 10:56:53 pm »
+1
The quality definitely went down as they go past the books. The scene in the throne room in Mireen just felt totally forced. The storyline in Dorn just felt totally pointless, and is resolved in like an hour. It also felt kind of after-school-special-like. Also Sansa and Ramsay's storyline. They just build all these pointless plots up for no real pay off. Its starting to get this cheesey vibe.

Or maybe I'm just jaded these days.

Imagine this. Sansa and Theon on the run and trying to find a place to run away to. Ramsay finds Myranda dead and gathers a hunting party looking through the nearby dark, cold, forests filled with snow. ''D&D Presents The Ramsay Bolton Horror Experience ft Sansa Stark and Theon Greyjoy!''

Also back to the most hated cocksucker in the show 2nd only to Daenerys:

v
v
v