Author Topic: Animation Quality and Reduce Framerate Limit Input Lag  (Read 706 times)

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
Animation Quality and Reduce Framerate Limit Input Lag
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:01:14 am »
Quote from: FAQ
What does "Reduce Framerate Limit Input Lag" do?
It reduces input lag caused by a low frame limit setting. It will have no effect if your actual frame rate is lower than the limit.

I don't understand. What is meant by a low frame limit setting, is there a particular number below which not to set a limit for best results? And it will only be in effect if the game is running at the full fps limit you set (which may have to be above a certain threshold)? So if the limit you've set is 60 and the game is running at 58 there will be input lag, where otherwise this feature would have reduced it were it running at 60?

I'm quite curious about this because I feel like it makes for a positive difference in attack and defend animations, makes transitions look somehow smoother. But it's so subtle I can't really say for sure, and with most reports indicating turning off this feature nets fps gains, I want to know if it's worth using or not by figuring out what exactly it does. Is the animation improvement a figment of insanity?

Which brings me to the animation quality setting, what exactly does that do? I leave it on high, but from specing to see the difference between that and abysmal (exiting and re-entering) I can't tell what it's doing. Shed some light? It's cold and dark. I am so scared.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login